Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Susan Foreman 25th April 2019 03:31 PM

Sticking with the

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 602311)
Strange!

I have just got a copy of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' from a charity shop (of course) for £0.99p

'Hold on up,' you say. 'Nowt strange about that, although I thought she already had a copy of that film on Blu-Ray'.

Let me continue. The box contains the named film, but it also contains a copy of something entitled 'Star Wars IV: Return Of The Jedi Bonus Disc'. Now, when I got the 'Star Wars Episodes 4 - 6' DVD box set, each film was only on one disc, with a bonus disc containing the special features, so I was intrigued about this ROTJ disc

A bit of detective work, and it seems that it is the original 1983 cinema release version without the 'better GGI effects' that was released as a limited edition in 2004

Why this would be put in a DVD case along with a completely different film is anyone guess!

markchro 25th April 2019 04:37 PM

4 Attachment(s)
My order from the Arrow Easter sale has arrived. I also picked up Alien from Sainsbury's and Ikarie XB-1 from Speedyhen.

Dave Boy 25th April 2019 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 602320)
A bit of detective work, and it seems that it is the original 1983 cinema release version without the 'better GGI effects' that was released as a limited edition in 2004

Yep, that's the original Theatrical version.
All three original films were released as a bonus disc (alongside the Special Edition versions :puke:) featuring the theatrical cuts.
Although widescreen, it is in 4:3 picture mode so you need to zoom it.
These bonus discs are still the only official releases of the original UNALTERED trilogy released on DVD.

Attachment 214470

MrBarlow 25th April 2019 05:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Today's purchases

gag 25th April 2019 06:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2 more from that eBay seller .
About another 4 or 5 on the way .

Recent copy of dead kids bought other week is slightly cut .

R2 United Kingdom- Optimum Releasing - Yes - 27 seconds - Cut was required to remove sight of vertical wrist slashing, on grounds of imitability (

trebor8273 25th April 2019 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another cheap find from music magpie.

Attachment 214476

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th April 2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 602311)
Boght the Italian 4K release of Avengers Infinity War and it arrived damaged. Strange thing is, when I went theough the return process on the Amazon.it site, it redunded me and said I didn’t need to return the item. Didn’t even ask for photo proof that it was damanged. Strange!

Attachment 214464

A similar thing happened to me from Amazon.it with Darkest Hour, when I mistakenly ordered the Blu-ray instead of the 4K Ultra HD. I enquired about returning it, but they refunded me about two thirds of the price and said there was no need to return the unwanted item.

monkeypedro 26th April 2019 11:58 AM

4 Attachment(s)
This weeks deliveries.

The A-Team, American Dad Seasons 1-12, Skippy, Tales From the Crypt Seasons 2 & 5 & The Mission Impossible 1-5 4K UHD box set from Music Magpie. Otley was from an Ebay seller.

Lady and the Tramp was part of the Amazon order i placed last week with the discount glitch but still awaiting stock to come back in of the rest of my order.

trebor8273 26th April 2019 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today

Attachment 214521

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Dave Boy 27th April 2019 06:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
THE HAUNTED HOUSE OF HORROR Blu ray arrived today.
I was not expecting all this. Booklet, poster, lobby cards and slipcase. Nice.

Attachment 214549