Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th August 2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 633859)
No, paid on his card to Severin but sold his soul to a Royal Mail delivery office when he collected his parcel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy5NSnhbfMU

g053584398 26th August 2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 633858)
That package sounds as though it cost a serious amount. (slightly jealous)

did you sell your soul to Severin or something??

It cost a little over $400, although I can't remember the actual costs when converted into pounds. It was a very big order for me, but then I hadn't ordered anything from them in over 18 months prior to that. I mainly ordered so that I could get hold of the Al Adamson and Lenzi/Baker sets. From what I've seen so far pf the former, it is a very impressive set.

And no, I'm happy to say that my soul is still safely my own!

Justin101 26th August 2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 633879)
It cost a little over $400, although I can't remember the actual costs when converted into pounds. It was a very big order for me, but then I hadn't ordered anything from them in over 18 months prior to that. I mainly ordered so that I could get hold of the Al Adamson and Lenzi/Baker sets. From what I've seen so far pf the former, it is a very impressive set.

And no, I'm happy to say that my soul is still safely my own!

I'm very jealous, it was expensive box set but now it's sold out so I regret that :lol:

g053584398 26th August 2020 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 633888)
I'm very jealous, it was expensive box set but now it's sold out so I regret that :lol:

To be honest I only really bought it for the blaxploitation films, and I haven't watched any of Al's films before even though I had about three of them on DVD, so it was much more of a blind buy than I would normally consider. Hopefully I'll like some of the films, but if I don't I'll sell it. It does seem like a very well assembled package though.

I recall that Strange Vice had a copy available after one of their regulars gave backword on it, so you might ask Paul if he still has one available if you're interested in a copy.

Justin101 26th August 2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 633890)
To be honest I only really bought it for the blaxploitation films, and I haven't watched any of Al's films before even though I had about three of them on DVD, so it was much more of a blind buy than I would normally consider. Hopefully I'll like some of the films, but if I don't I'll sell it. It does seem like a very well assembled package though.

I recall that Strange Vice had a copy available after one of their regulars gave backword on it, so you might ask Paul if he still has one available if you're interested in a copy.

I've checking on there but not seen any more listed! Will keep my eyes peeled though :)

nosferatu42 26th August 2020 09:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Arrived today.:cool:

Attachment 227253 Attachment 227254

marvinnashsear 27th August 2020 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 633926)

Should've got the German blu ray of Strange Days. That version is still cut.

SymbioticFunction 28th August 2020 12:43 PM

A Beetlejuice 4K UHD arrived today. Had a quick look and the PQ really is excellent, it's a large upgrade over my old blu-ray. Will properly watch on Monday (next shared day off for my wife and I). btw Edward Scissorhands next please. :)

Also ordered some regular blu-rays:

The original BBC Day of the Triffids early 1980's adaption and a few Guillermo del Toro discs to complete his filmography in HD (the OOP UK Cronos, an Australian Devil's Backbone and a cheap non-Arrow copy of Crimson Peak).

MuckyFunster 28th August 2020 02:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 227278
The last one i was watching for from Camp Arrow Video [emoji4]

Really love the artwork for this. Hope it’s as good as it looks [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MuckyFunster 28th August 2020 03:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another few just arrived from 88. I think I got their last Killer Croc. After I ordered I noticed it had gone ‘out of stock’, then the following day they announced on Facebook that individual releases of killer crocodile are being released on Monday now that the box set is nearly sold out. [emoji2] glad I ordered when I did! Dead heat dvd was only £3 and Horror High was £4.

Attachment 227279

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk