Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th March 2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139236)
Of the Grindhouse films, I didn't like Death Proof, but thought Planet Terror was good fun so I hope it's more like Rodriguez' film than Tarantino's. Judging by the trailer, it looks that way.

It's a good film but not great. I think we all had such high hopes after the trailer that there's no way the film could deliver. I'm sure the same will happen with Thanksgiving if it's ever made.

kingofwitches666 28th March 2011 07:28 PM

Because I work shifts & sleep during the day, sometimes I have stuff delivered to my Mum's address, especially boxsets that won't fit through my letterbox.

So that in mind I popped round earlier today & picked up my copies of The Spaghetti Western Trilogy & Clint Eastwood: Dirty Harry Collection.
:woot:

PaulRobinson 28th March 2011 07:29 PM

I hope so, it's a great slasher!

nekromantik 28th March 2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 139202)
Getting my posts mixed up.

I'd been reading about Pedromonkeys buying methods, and was thinking the Dead Sno was a penny, was me saying expensive at 90p not you. :doh:

ha ha
no worries!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 139205)

It's a beauty isn't it. :)

yeah very nice!!
but as im going to receive 2 il make sure the other one arrives in good condition and then sell one of them so this wont be opened till next week.

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th March 2011 09:36 PM

£27 for a new copy of the OOP Blue Underground version of Bird With The Crystal Plumage and I manage to get one with a cut across the spine of the artwork. Grrrrrrrrrrr typical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedromonkey 28th March 2011 11:41 PM

just won this on ebay and ordered these too...

Blue Tiger - yakuza flick with Virgnia Madsen - 2.70

Insemnoid - 2.29
Hell Gate - 2.29
An American Werewolf in Paris - 2.49

Haven't seen An American Werewolf in Paris for donkeys years...

darthelvis 29th March 2011 07:49 AM

Just bought Let Me In & Expendibles from Asda both a tener each!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 139273)
£27 for a new copy of the OOP Blue Underground version of Bird With The Crystal Plumage and I manage to get one with a cut across the spine of the artwork. Grrrrrrrrrrr typical.

That's bad luck Stephen - I hate it when something like that happens.

Especially when it's something you've paid a fair bit for! :mmph:

PaulRobinson 29th March 2011 12:11 PM

I recommend the Best Buy exclusive Last House on the Left blu-ray... it's the best that the film could look in my opinion and with the Metrodome three-disc DVD as a companion piece you can't go wrong!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 139273)

That must be a real downer, especially when you've paid so much. Just try and concentrate on the positive and that you really bought it for the picture quality and aspect ratio rather than the artwork. Scant consolation really!