Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

J Harker 9th August 2021 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Right then Mr Snyder. Let's see what the fuss is about.Attachment 235250

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th August 2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 657331)
Right then Mr Snyder. Let's see what the fuss is about.Attachment 235250

I bought it a couple of weeks ago. Problem is at four hours it's simply too damn long to sit down and watch.:lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th August 2021 04:29 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Hit a Poundland near Preston today. Nice lenticular slip on Non-Stop.

J Harker 9th August 2021 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 657333)
I bought it a couple of weeks ago. Problem is at four hours it's simply too damn long to sit down and watch.[emoji38]

I'm about an hour and a quarter in and i must say it is a big improvement on the admittedly fun original version. Its put together in episodes with clear breaks so I think I'll watch it in two halves.

SymbioticFunction 11th August 2021 02:55 PM

A Two Evil Eyes 4K UHD arrived today (from diabolik dvd in the States). It's not officially released until almost two weeks from now so I'm quite impressed with the service. Also a French blu-ray of Hammer's Curse of the Werewolf is being delivered by Amazon today (the UK bd is useless since it crops the aspect ratio).

Other recent buys are the OOP Blue Underground Dario Argento's Inferno on blu-ray and an Australian Top Secret blu-ray.

I've got a Koch Media Inferno bd already but wanted to see the BU version since it has a different colour scheme to Koch/Arrow (stronger blues and reds). The Koch is cinematographer approved but many feel Blue Underground is closer to theatrical exhibition.

The Australian Top Secret looks quite rough with video noise on display. But it does look noticeably better than a dvd and I could be waiting for years for another alternative blu-ray. I don't regret buying it, I had a blast watching it with my wife (hilarious film!). :)

MrBarlow 11th August 2021 03:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Picked these up from HM and a charity shop

Attachment 235286 Attachment 235289

Justin101 11th August 2021 03:52 PM

Yesterday I was in HMV, keep in mind at the time I was carrying quite a large customer collection box from John Lewis, and some man came up to me and was like "I'm looking for The Holy Mountain it was supposed to come out this week on Arrow but I can't see it on the shelf..." Not sure if he actually thought I worked there lol, random, I did tell him that I saw a copy on the shelf end display a bit further down and he was happy when he found it haha.

I was buying The Psychic myself, it was the last copy.

MrBarlow 11th August 2021 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Forgot to add these aswell, I'm so loosing the plot :lol:

Attachment 235291

MrBarlow 11th August 2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 657414)
Yesterday I was in HMV, keep in mind at the time I was carrying quite a large customer collection box from John Lewis, and some man came up to me and was like "I'm looking for The Holy Mountain it was supposed to come out this week on Arrow but I can't see it on the shelf..." Not sure if he actually thought I worked there lol, random, I did tell him that I saw a copy on the shelf end display a bit further down and he was happy when he found it haha.

I was looking for The Holy Mountain and couldn't find it, asked a staff member and basically got right there on the top shelf :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th August 2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 657414)

You simply appeared like a knowledgeable fella and were worth asking clearly.

Unless of course you DID look like you worked there :lol: