Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th December 2022 10:19 AM

My guess is that it's no worse than say Vault of Horror or Aslyum in terms of image quality.

Neither of which are great but still better than the dvd.

Justin101 14th December 2022 10:40 AM

One of the main criticisms of the Synapse disc was that it's just too dark, more than it should have been. People were hoping that this new release would be a new transfer from the negatives and fix the darkness but it ended up being exactly the same. So I imagine the response is harsher than it was originally for the Synapse release because they have been disappointed.

I'm probably going to pick it up down the line because I don't have any copy of this film and I remember enjoying it when I saw it on the telly years and years ago. It needs to be in that £10 range for me to make an impulse purchase :D

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th December 2022 10:49 AM

I have the Strawberry Media dvd as for whatever reason my Carlton dvd decided it would freeze fifteen minutes from the end. There was no mark whatsoever on the disc.

The Synapse Blu has a line of dialogue missing , wonder if that has been restored to this new release?

Justin101 14th December 2022 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 679744)
I have the Strawberry Media dvd as for whatever reason my Carlton dvd decided it would freeze fifteen minutes from the end. There was no mark whatsoever on the disc.

The Synapse Blu has a line of dialogue missing , wonder if that has been restored to this new release?

From the thread on blu-ray forums;

"I got it, it's not the best transfer i've ever seen but it's not the worst either, it's clearly an old master but visually it's obviously a huge upgrade from my 20 year old DVD however unfortunately it does have the 'How can i thank you' line missing at around the 29:50 mark which is on my DVD."

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th December 2022 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 679745)
From the thread on blu-ray forums;

"I got it, it's not the best transfer i've ever seen but it's not the worst either, it's clearly an old master but visually it's obviously a huge upgrade from my 20 year old DVD however unfortunately it does have the 'How can i thank you' line missing at around the 29:50 mark which is on my DVD."

I'm in no rush like yourself. The Strawberry Media release was fine. I know as i only watched it last year.

Dave Boy 14th December 2022 05:12 PM

Yeah, for some unknown reason the line of dialogue is missing!
The scene is when Emil brings the child back after he was found to be missing.

Susan Foreman 14th December 2022 06:44 PM

I used some CEX vouchers, and got:

Kraftwerk - Minimum / Maximum - 2 disc DVD - £8:00
Marillion - Recital Of The Script - DVD - I used to have this on video, but got rid of when when I lost my video player. This is an extended version, which now features 'Grendel' and footage from a show at the Marquee in 1982 alongside the original concert - £5:00
Troll Complete Collection - 2 disc Eureka Blu-Ray - Yes, I know it is supposed to be bad, but surely that is the whole point of these films! - £12:00
Dream Demon - Arrow Blu-Ray - £8:00
Chill Factor - Arrow Blu-Ray - £8:00
The Last Broadcast - Limited edition 101 films Blu-Ray - £6:00

iank 14th December 2022 11:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Arrived:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th December 2022 02:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A couple of Air Ambulance shop purchases. £1 each. Never seen Campion, seems Poirot like in it's style. Should be decent.

Demoncrat 17th December 2022 06:52 PM

Picked up a UK dvd of Heavenly Creatures. £1.