Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

platostotal 15th June 2011 01:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Bought these today to give the old surround a work-out. I know that 'Bee Movie' seems the odd one out but at £4 it's a nice looking sd-dvd. 'Dark Knight' in particular I would recommend on Blu without hesitation. Just for the p.q. and Heath of course.:pop2:

nekromantik 15th June 2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 158180)
Bought these today to give the old surround a work-out. I know that 'Bee Movie' seems the odd one out but at £4 it's a nice looking sd-dvd. 'Dark Knight' in particular I would recommend on Blu without hesitation. Just for the p.q. and Heath of course.:pop2:

the imax scenes are breathtaking but the rest of the movie looks good but not great cause of tad bit of DNR.

The Dark Knight returns is being shot fully with Imax :)

Pete 15th June 2011 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just ordered:

Attachment 12292

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2011 01:27 PM

6 Attachment(s)
A few back catalogue titles arrived today

Baseball Fury 15th June 2011 01:30 PM

Eddie Murphy triple pack (Coming to America, Trading Places and Raw)
The Shield season 3.

Folks buying Region A blu's, can you recommend a decent place for a region a/multi BD player?

Pete 15th June 2011 01:30 PM

Ordered:

CROSS OF IRON - Blu-ray (greatest war film ever IMO)
BLOODY BIRTHDAY - Vipco VHS
GRAVE F THE VAMPIRE - Vipco VHS

Yeah that's right, I'm collecting Vipco tapes again. Got a problem?:rant:

:D

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 158190)
Eddie Murphy triple pack (Coming to America, Trading Places and Raw)
The Shield season 3.
Folks buying Region A blu's, can you recommend a decent place for a region a/multi BD player?

The Shield just gets better and better, things from series one are dealt with in series 8.

mahoney 15th June 2011 03:53 PM

Red Cliff [Special Edition][Blu-ray] [2008]: Amazon.co.uk: Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Fengyi Zhang, Chen Chang, Wei Zhao, Jun Hu, Shidô Nakamura, Chiling Lin, Yong You, Yong Hou, Dawei Tong, Jia Song, John Woo, Anne Woo, Bing He, Cheng K

could somebody tell me if this is the full length version or not? the description says 146 minutes yet the reviews make it sound like it's the full 4+ hours

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th June 2011 04:50 PM

Top film with an excellent disc -- you won't be disappointed.

oaxaca 15th June 2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 158184)
Just ordered:

Attachment 12292

I received mine in the post today. Hoping to watch it later tonight with a few nice beers! That's my evening sorted! :nod::woot:

Seems like Optimum is really delivering on the blu rays they have been putting out lately. All the review I've read on there stuff has been glowing!