Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

the blob 15th June 2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 158313)
just bought Underworld Blu Trilogy from Amazon US for 20.
Its is 7 more then the UK set but the first 2 UK discs are meant to be very bad in PQ. The I seen the UK Underworld disc and it basicly is a up scale of the DVD.

20 too much... :lol:

I must admit, I haven't seen the last one but I couldn't stand the first two.

nekromantik 15th June 2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 158315)
20 too much... :lol:

I must admit, I haven't seen the last one but I couldn't stand the first two.

:lol:
each to their own

Im a fan of the Underworld series. One of the better vampire/werewolf movies.

platostotal 15th June 2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 158294)
Hmm hard choice....probs Star Trek.




Ah yeah I just read that after I posted it ha ha
They have been shooting it London this month and goin to Nottingham for one scene next week I think. Two HUGE movies are being shot in London atm, that and prometheus.

Cheers 'nekro' I've got 'Star Trek' on sd dvd it does have a great pic, hope you weren't talking about the original tv show:lol::lol: Just kidding, the 'shats' in hi-def would be an image to reckon with:lol::lol:

InDogWeTrust 16th June 2011 12:50 AM

I purchased myself a really badass Digitally Remastered 2-Disc Metal Tin edition of the original King Kong on eBay about five days ago but the dick head still hasn't posted it!

nekromantik 16th June 2011 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 158319)
Cheers 'nekro' I've got 'Star Trek' on sd dvd it does have a great pic, hope you weren't talking about the original tv show:lol::lol: Just kidding, the 'shats' in hi-def would be an image to reckon with:lol::lol:

:lol:

yes the new ST flick!

You should get the blu if u have a player its a amazing set.
The extras are awesome too.

Pete 16th June 2011 01:44 AM

Just watched the Arrow BD of BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE and the picture looks really good (although there is less grain than the BU edition). It's just a real shame it's cropped as it does effect the film and makes Argento look a bit incompetent as a filmmaker, like he's incapable of framing a shot correctly. Storaro is a total ****.:censored:

Also watched the Troma BD of POULTRYGEIST and I enjoyed it although some of songs irritated me. I'll probably never eat chicken again though :P For some reason I couldn't access the extras, anyone else have that problem?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th June 2011 07:37 AM

Some of the songs irritated me too as it doesn't flow as a musical like the great ones buying much better directors but, then again, I didn't expect it to!

As for the extras, I haven't tried yet but will give it a try and report back.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th June 2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 158304)
Have you seen Star Trek reboot blu?

I saw it ages ago so can't remember what the AV quality was like off the top of my head. It's been my wish list for what seems like years and I've just been waiting for the price to drop a little! Actually, maybe it has -- I'll go and check.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th June 2011 08:50 AM

Realising the last time I saw it was when it was first released on Blu-ray, I've ordered the 3 disc set from Zavvi for 10.85 which was the cheapest I could find. Although I don't need to DVD or digital copy, it was the only one with all the extra features which appeared at a reasonable price -- the 1 disc version is available for 9.99 but doesn't have most of the bonus features so, for 86p more, it seems like great value.

nekromantik 16th June 2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 158364)
Realising the last time I saw it was when it was first released on Blu-ray, I've ordered the 3 disc set from Zavvi for 10.85 which was the cheapest I could find. Although I don't need to DVD or digital copy, it was the only one with all the extra features which appeared at a reasonable price -- the 1 disc version is available for 9.99 but doesn't have most of the bonus features so, for 86p more, it seems like great value.

yeah no point buying a blu without extras :lol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.