Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Crimson Blade 16th June 2011 11:47 AM

Just got into Blu-ray recently and have up-graded several of my favourite films.

(Blue Underground)
Deep Red.
New York Ripper.
Living Dead at The Manchester Morgue.
Cat O' Nine Tails.
Bird With The Crystal Plummage.
Vampyres.

(Arrow)
Inferno.
City of The Living Dead.
Phenomena.
The Beyond.

Also looking forward to getting a decent print of 'Tenebrae' at last!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th June 2011 11:52 AM

All fantastic purchases there, Crimson. :thumb:

PaulD 16th June 2011 12:11 PM

Good stuff there Crimson. I'm still looking to upgrade my Arrow dvds of City of the Living Dead and Inferno as it happens.

I'm about to treat myself to a BU bluray from Planet Axel but can't pick between The Prowler or Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue. Also tempted by Synapse's The Dorm That Dripped Blood. Hmm..decisions, decisions...

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th June 2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 158399)
Good stuff there Crimson. I'm still looking to upgrade my Arrow dvds of City of the Living Dead and Inferno as it happens.

I'm about to treat myself to a BU bluray from Planet Axel but can't pick between The Prowler or Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue. Also tempted by Synapse's The Dorm That Dripped Blood. Hmm..decisions, decisions...

I'd get Manchester Morgue, personally. Not only is it my favourite film of the three, but a superb HD transfer too. :nod:

Prince_Vajda 16th June 2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 158401)
I'd get Manchester Morgue, personally. Not only is it my favourite film of the three, but a superb HD transfer too. :nod:

Me too. The Prowler is a good example of the 80s, as it is classic Slasher (and it's quite good within this genre), while The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue is a fantastic flick all by itself. A very moody and entertaining all-time classic. And Nos is right - the quality of the BU Blu-ray is outstanding!

Greetings!

Crimson Blade 16th June 2011 02:39 PM

Yeah, 'Living Dead at The Manchester Morgue' is an awesome transfer, one of BU's best!

Also looking forward to 'House By The Cemetery' and 'Torso' as well. ;)

Gojirosan 16th June 2011 02:46 PM

I have been um-ing and ah-ing about the Blu of ...Manchester Morgue for ages but I think you've all convinced me that my DVD is no longer enough...

Crimson Blade 16th June 2011 02:57 PM

I always vowed never to replace films that i have in good DVD editions. But once you start collecting Blu-ray you get seriously addicted haha!

Just ordered 'Daughters of Darkness' today as well! :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th June 2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 158399)

I own all three and, if I had to rescue one from a burning building, it would definitely be The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue. Not only is it a great film, but the BD boasts a brilliant picture and crystal clear sound.

Welcome to Cult Labs, Crimson Blade -- some excellent purchases to start your DVD collection.

PaulD 16th June 2011 03:11 PM

Just ordered ...Manchester Morgue :)

Cheers for the recommendations everyone