Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 167006)
I had that release of ANY GUN CAN PLAY and it's not the best looking dvd ever.

It only cost 56p plus 1.26 postage, so its not a big loss.

Hopefully Enzo has filled it so full of shootouts and bar room brawls that i won't notice beyond the first 10 minutes.

Pete 19th July 2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 167014)
It only cost 56p plus 1.26 postage, so its not a big loss.

Hopefully Enzo has filled it so full of shootouts and bar room brawls that i won't notice beyond the first 10 minutes.

Oh, well at that price you can't complain :)

I haven't seen it for ages but I seem to remember a nice little nod to THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY at the beginning.

Gojirosan 19th July 2011 12:51 PM

It's awful how few good prints of non-Leone/Corbucci Spag Westerns are about.

MY KINGDOM FOR A GOOD PRINT OF AND GOD SAID TO CAIN!!!

Pete 19th July 2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 167019)
It's awful how few good prints of non-Leone/Corbucci Spag Westerns are about.

MY KINGDOM FOR A GOOD PRINT OF AND GOD SAID TO CAIN!!!

It is, the amount of SW's I've bought that have terrible prints is shocking. The UK release of the Lee Van Cleef movie STORM RIDER is probably the worst I've seen.

I've never seen AND GOD SAID TO CAIN. I believe there it is out on dvd in Germany and Italy but I'm not sure if they are english friendly.

It would be nice if a UK company saw fit to release Margheriti's VENGEANCE. Only have the old VHS which is ok but I'd prefer a nice dvd or blu-ray.

nekromantik 19th July 2011 01:04 PM

I really wanna see The Devil's Rock.
Im a sucker for Occult flicks ha ha

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 166983)
Devil's Rock and The Pack sound like they are original horror films for a change and have excellent reviews everywhere. EG - these two from sexgoremutants. SGM Frame

The Pack has a great new piece of artwork from Graham Humphreys.

I watched and reviewed both of those recently and they are entertaining and pretty well made movies -- I probably preferred The Pack of the two, but wouldn't mind watching them again.

The Pack DVD Review

The Devils Rock DVD Review

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 167019)
It's awful how few good prints of non-Leone/Corbucci Spag Westerns are about.

MY KINGDOM FOR A GOOD PRINT OF AND GOD SAID TO CAIN!!!

I watched Trinity and Sartana the other day. The print was a cut down pan and scan version. Half the time during conversations one of the participants was missing. The film seemed extremely badly edited to boot, don't know if this was just this version of the film, or if it is poor altogether.

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th July 2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 167025)
I watched and reviewed both of those recently and they are entertaining and pretty well made movies -- I probably preferred The Pack of the two, but wouldn't mind watching them again.

The Pack DVD Review

The Devils Rock DVD Review

I will read your reviews after i watch them, thanks Nos.

It sounds like they were a worthwhile purchase at least.

Daemonia 19th July 2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 166847)
When I saw Play.com were having a sale, I was pretty sceptical but picked up the Skynet Edition of Terminator 2 and The Red Desert.

Please let us know what you think of the Skynet Edition of Terminator 2, as I'm thinking of getting it myself. Cheers. :)

the blob 19th July 2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 167035)
Please let us know what you think of the Skynet Edition of Terminator 2, as I'm thinking of getting it myself. Cheers. :)

I'm in the same boat. Had the HD DVD and haven't replaced it but word is the original UK BD or Japanese BD are better. To be honest, I'll probably end up getting the Skynet as it has the Theatrical Cut and, let's face it, it's T2 so there should be at least 2 or 3 new remastered ones in the next 5 years... :lol:


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.