Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Have You Bought Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/10681-what-have-you-bought-recently.html)

Daemonia 23rd January 2010 01:55 AM

The Blu-ray of Leon is up for a view this weekend. :D

After seeing the Optimum Blu-ray of Stargate my faith in the company is restored. But Near Dark needs more attention IMO.

Gojirosan 23rd January 2010 05:33 PM

The R1 MGM disk of The Burning arrived. It took so long to get here, and I have been stressing about the non-appearence of my Blind Dead box-set so much, that I forgot I had ordered it. I've always had a soft spot for The Burning, looking forward to watching it tonight!

It'll be nice to see a clear, widescreen copy (I've only ever owned multi-gen dupes on VHS before).

The order should also have contained the Troma release of The Hanging Woman also, but this was absent. :confused::(

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd January 2010 05:37 PM

You won't be disappointed with THE BURNING.If you're used to other versions,it's like night and day!

This weeks arrivals....

FRIGHT OPTIMUM
HOWLING II OPTIMUM
TERROR EXPRESS C.O.:bunny:
OMEGA MAN BLU RAY

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd January 2010 06:10 PM

Like Arrow's Street Trash,the quality of MGM's print of The Burning is a real eye-opener.

I got my Howling II Optimum disc this week along with Night Of The Comet.Love the original art.Time to get shot of my region 1 versions.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 23rd January 2010 06:12 PM

Shot them long ago mate.Just ordered NOTC.:nod:

Pete 23rd January 2010 06:25 PM

I picked up Candyman from Asda today for £2.

Its been a looooong time since I last saw it!

vincenzo 23rd January 2010 07:05 PM

The UK Candyman DVD is the R-rated print. The old video versions featured the full unrated one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 59133)
This weeks arrivals....

FRIGHT OPTIMUM

Fright is a great film Reaps. :nod:

Pete 23rd January 2010 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=vincenzo;59168]The UK Candyman DVD is the R-rated print. The old video versions featured the full unrated one.

Thats a shame:(

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th January 2010 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 59168)
The UK Candyman DVD is the R-rated print. The old video versions featured the full unrated one.

Fright is a great film Reaps. :nod:

:nod:
One of Britain's finest Vince,and funnily enough,is overlooked when it comes to 'the babysitter in peril' theme,predating Black Christmas by three years.:cool:

vincenzo 24th January 2010 11:43 AM

I quite enjoyed the original When A Stranger Calls too though it got completely lost after a brilliant opening 20 mins.