Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th January 2012, 07:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Hmm I want all three Predator movies on blu but I got a conundrum
If I buy the trilogy pack it will work out cheaper but it contains the Ultimate Hunter edition of Predator 1 which is a DNR mess and one of the worst DNR jobs I have seen.
So do I spend the extra and get all 3 on thier own and sacrifice extras for better PQ on first film.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th January 2012, 08:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
fortunately i've had no trouble with RA blu ray stickers...yet
but have a lot of unneccesary hassle w/R1 dvds in the past
sometimes i've changed cases
there is no need for these stupid things....its only America/Canada that does this!
I hate them too but having been to a few Wal-Marts and wherever else in my time I understand why. Some of them even have their BD's and box sets under lock and key!
Old 5th January 2012, 08:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Had My Winnipeg come today - and it's only 80 minutes, so might just be able to fit it in before bed . . .
Old 5th January 2012, 10:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Spurred on by your post, I've just done the same for exactly the same reason!

I also bought Point Blank (the Lee Marvin one) DVD and the Severin Horror Express BD.
Point Blank is a fab film, Lee Marvin is the quintessential hard bastard in it. It's the basis of Gibson's Payback to which the directors cut is far superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
An excellent movie!

Greetings!
Couldn't agree more...
Old 5th January 2012, 11:51 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
My Arrow FRANKENHOOKER disc popped through the letterbox this morning. Always worried incase the the box gets bashed as it hits the floor, but thankfully it was fine. The only problem I have now, is deciding which cover to use!
That's why I have a big, fluffy, soft mat by the front door for packages to fall onto. None have ever been dented from being posted.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:05 AM
Seasoned Cultist

My first Blu's of 2012....

Also I'd forgotten I'd got about 22,000 Axel Reward Points so I used them to get this bad boy....

You make it easy.
Old 6th January 2012, 06:41 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just bought one of these for Stephen!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Conveyor-Belt-Model.jpg (21.7 KB, 9 views)
Daemonia and PaulD like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 6th January 2012, 06:51 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Point Blank is a fab film, Lee Marvin is the quintessential hard bastard in it. It's the basis of Gibson's Payback to which the directors cut is far superior.
Also Point Blank is another one of those curious films that in a side of LA that's not too common in the movies.

Recently there was Nicolas Winding Refn's superb Drive and in the 80s there was the contender for best film of the decade (for me) in the shape of Friedkin's absolutely incredible To Live And Die In L.A.

Two of the above are directed by guys from Europe (Boorman from the UK and Refn from Denmark) and Friedkin hails from Chicago, so as is often the case it takes outside eyes to really bring something fresh to a place that has dominated movie screens since the beginning of the 20th century.

And even though I'm not a fan of Terminator 2 any more, Cameron (a Canadian) does a sterling job of utilising those dried up canal overflows in 'that' chase scene. In fact, Refn, Boorman and Friedkin all use those overflows superbly too.

But, I absolutely agree Point Blank is an excellent movie and is up there with 2001, for me, as one of the best films of the 60s. I love most of Boorman's films anyway, but he really pulled it out of the bag with this one.

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 6th January 2012, 08:00 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm really looking forward to watching Point Blank now and, while I'm waiting, will check the listings on Sky Movies to see if I can get my 'fix'!
Old 6th January 2012, 09:43 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm really looking forward to watching Point Blank now and, while I'm waiting, will check the listings on Sky Movies to see if I can get my 'fix'!
Just to chip in with my agreement, Point Blank is excellent. Lee Marvin as Walker is coolness personified.

This film really needs a UK release. (On any format). The region one i bought a couple of years ago wasn't expensive though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!