All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree151400Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd October 2013, 08:40 AM
Cult Master

Yesterday's trip into darkest Tamworth:

Charity shop:

Doctor Who: The Infinite Quest - £1:49
The Ealing Comedy Collection - I am assuming this is what it is called. It didn't come with the slip-cover. The films it contains are: 'The Ladykillers', 'The Lavender Hill Mob', 'Kind Hearts and Coronets' and 'The Man in the White Suit' - £2:99

Poundland:

The Cellar Door
Slashers
Halloween III: Season of the Witch - Yes, I know I shouldn't have got this because it is cut to ribbons, but it was cheap!

CEX:

Pink Floyd: The Wall - £6:00
Fist of Legend - 2 disc Cine Asia version - £2:00
Kiss: Symphony - £4:50
AC/DC: The Family Jewels - 2 disc version - £7:00

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd October 2013, 08:46 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
This stuff is always nice to have but I heard that a lot of the hardcore inserts added to Franco's film are pretty tawdry... I must say I wish I picked up the soft version of Thriller rather than the hardcore version...
Yes, I'm not a fan of Franco's hardcore inserts much either. They're usually shot post-production with different actors/actresses on varying quality of film, so when spliced back in they do tend to 'take you out of the moment' so to speak. Although, they'd be nice to have as an extra I suppose.

Doesn't the soft version of Thriller remove a little of the violence too, though (eyeball sequence)? Plus, the hardcore DVD contains many more extras than the softcore DVD does.
Wes likes this.
Old 3rd October 2013, 08:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Doesn't the soft version of Thriller remove a little of the violence too, though (eyeball sequence)? Plus, the hardcore DVD contains many more extras than the softcore DVD does.
Oh , I didn't know that, I thought it was only the hardcore inserts that were removed. Good to know...

In the meantime, I picked up the Friday the 13th doc - I had no idea it was such a monster ! Plus it will give me a good excuse to revisit the films, although I only have the Paramount series, and lastly, I picked up Shout's Halloween II, cos I need an alternative to the original film for Halloween night viewing...

Spending beyond my means again !
Old 3rd October 2013, 12:15 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
I thought the release date had been put back to the 14th October
It has been, but Arrow often send things out early. PIN's official release date is October 28th. People have received Lifeforce today, so I'm expecting it to be there when I get home tonight.
Old 3rd October 2013, 01:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

My Lifeforce Steelbook arrived direct from Arrow today. Lovely packaging too. Sturdy card wrapper, with Lifeforce inside, wrapped in bubble wrap. That's the first Steelbook I've ordered from them, I was quite apprehensive, but won't be for Steelbooks from Arrow in the future.

I wonder when they'll put the Tenebrae Steelbook on their site. The other two Blu's from Arrow in December are up on their store.
Old 3rd October 2013, 01:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

some more one penny dvds turned up today, but they sent out wrong cursed should of been this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cursed-DVD-H...eywords=cursed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0712.jpg (87.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0714.jpg (94.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0716.jpg (85.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0718.jpg (93.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0720.jpg (85.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0722.jpg (87.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0724.jpg (81.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 3rd October 2013, 01:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

You did very well to get Pumpkinhead for 1p. I own it already but have never noticed it so cheap.
Old 3rd October 2013, 01:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You did very well to get Pumpkinhead for 1p. I own it already but have never noticed it so cheap.
The beat trilogy wasn't a penny that would of been a bargain and a half, if I think about it pumpkin head was about 40p. What the cursed like I was sent is worth keeping I just reordering the one i wanted?

Edit

Looking online was lucky do get pumpkin head at that price as it's more expensive used than new
Old 3rd October 2013, 01:44 PM
Cult Rookie

9191hGE4kxL._SL1500_.jpg
$22.46

and

51xKec6ElgL.jpg
£4

I'm really looking forward to the Friday the 13th documentary, especially since I haven't had the chance to read the book.
Old 3rd October 2013, 02:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
some more one penny dvds turned up today, but they sent out wrong cursed should of been this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The beat trilogy wasn't a penny that would of been a bargain and a half, if I think about it pumpkin head was about 40p. What the cursed like I was sent is worth keeping I just reordering the one i wanted?

Edit

Looking online was lucky do get pumpkin head at that price as it's more expensive used than new
The way you put it it suggested everything was 1p. Plus the usual postage of course.

I quite enjoyed Cursed. I'm on my own though i think.

Like this? Share it using the links below!