Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3037Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th December 2021, 02:40 AM
Cult Addict

Pretty random.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 6th December 2021, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A Christmas Carol. 2019.

Wasn't sure where to put this as it was a made for T.V. mini series, but here it will be.

Guy Pearce plays the old miser Scrooge in this adaptation, that really isn't for kids due to the language and one partial scene of a naked woman from behind. The opening usually consist of the audience being told of Jacob Marley being dead, in this we see his grave and someone having a...Jimmy Riddle on it.

The Christmas past segment can be upsetting to some with the school master and Fran coming to bring Ebenezer home and told not in quite graphic deytail what went on but we do get the jist of what has happened to him. The acting is done decently and Stephen Graham plays Marley seems to have some extra screen time that most Marley's, It's enjoyable enough for it's dark Gothic tone to this version.

A_Christmas_Carol_2019_BBC.jpg
Old 6th December 2021, 09:47 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'd forgotten all about that version of A Christmas Carol. I've not seen it but do fancy it.

I'm currently twelve episodes into a second viewing of Dickensian. Loving it all over again and thankfully i've forgotten many of the plot strands since i first watched the dvd set.

A series that's inspired by the work of Charles Dickens and features many of his characters from numerous works such as Great Expectations, Bleak House, Oliver Twist and of course A Christmas Carol. However it's different because it takes place in the year before those stories came to be and runs from one Christmas Eve (Marley's murder) to the next (Scrooge and the ghosts)

Look forward to finding out who it was that murdered Jacob Marley down by the docks.
Old 6th December 2021, 09:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'd forgotten all about that version of A Christmas Carol. I've not seen it but do fancy it.

I'm currently twelve episodes into a second viewing of Dickensian. Loving it all over again and thankfully i've forgotten many of the plot strands since i first watched the dvd set.

A series that's inspired by the work of Charles Dickens and features many of his characters from numerous works such as Great Expectations, Bleak House, Oliver Twist and of course A Christmas Carol. However it's different because it takes place in the year before those stories came to be and runs from one Christmas Eve (Marley's murder) to the next (Scrooge and the ghosts)

Look forward to finding out who it was that murdered Jacob Marley down by the docks.
It's all on Youtube Dem nice 3 hours passed watching it, Never seen Dickensian but always been intrigued by it, hope you enjoy.
Old 6th December 2021, 09:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Black Christmas. 1974.

Classic not so haunted house but someone in the house with a bunch of Sorority Sisters. given them the heavy breathing calls and up the notch to menacing and killings. Thank you Bob Clark for this suspenseful, tense horror flick with great acting. Said it once and can say it again...the remakes can live long and suck it.

MV5BMzM2ODE1MTA0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODEzNzI5._V1_.jpg
Old 6th December 2021, 10:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
It's all on Youtube Dem nice 3 hours passed watching it, Never seen Dickensian but always been intrigued by it, hope you enjoy.
It's not on dvd which is a pity.
Old 6th December 2021, 10:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Black Christmas. 1974.

Classic not so haunted house but someone in the house with a bunch of Sorority Sisters. given them the heavy breathing calls and up the notch to menacing and killings. Thank you Bob Clark for this suspenseful, tense horror flick with great acting. Said it once and can say it again...the remakes can live long and suck it.

Attachment 237965
I thought about watching the 101 Films Blu-ray of this myself tonight.
Old 6th December 2021, 10:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I thought about watching the 101 Films Blu-ray of this myself tonight.
The Blu-ray doesn't disappoint at all
it'smebilly and Demoncrat like this.
Old 7th December 2021, 01:25 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Advent Calendar. 2021. (aka Le Calendrier)

Eva a paraplegic is given a calendar by a friend and has to follow the rules or she will die.

Saw this advertised on Shudder and seemed daft, I went into this not knowing what to expect. This was quite decent horror to come from France, it's mild on the gore than what we expect from the French but there is good acting and some good tense moments and can be intriguing on what will be behind the doors of the calendar. Worth a watch.

Poster-The-advent-Calendar.jpg
Old 7th December 2021, 05:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Silent Night Deadly Night. 1984.

Billy witnesses his parents being killed and raised in a orphanage by nuns. When he is 18, he becomes a jolly old Saint Nick and goes on a killing spree.

A nice little gem to watch from the 80s with a repressed memory of a young lad who becomes the person he is scared of, with some decent acting, bit of tongue in cheek dialogue and good kills makes it more enjoyable.

p50694_p_v10_aa.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!