Like Tree122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2017, 02:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The likes of Nuclear Blast put everything out on record and they cost £16.99 which I think is pretty reasonable.
That's very true.

I was thinking of buying Tarja's latest on vinyl at the same price (Different record company i know) but decided against it once i found out someone was possibly giving me the cd for Christmas.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 3rd March 2017, 04:06 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Aren't Twilight Time reportedly expensive in their pricings with little in the way of added value?

I might be wrong it's just what i recall from the TT thread in the past.

Maybe as a company they aren't getting the sales or their license with whoever runs out in 2020.

The quoted post from Rob4 doesn't mention the end of physical media just the end of Twilight Time.

It's Rob4's headline which is not part of the actual quote where the drama is, not the quote itself.
With Twilight Time their releases are limited and usually sell out within a few minutes from what i have seen with the likes of Fright Night and Night Of The Living Dead 1990 which for me would explain alot with them people get pretty fed up of these sort of releases with the age old problem of scalpers picking them all up and well you know the rest.
Old 3rd March 2017, 04:10 PM
Cult Veteran

They are limited, but we're talking 5000 units so that's like a normal run for other labels haha.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 3rd March 2017, 04:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I reckon there'll always be a market for some sort of physical product....where the hell's the fun in collecting downloads?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd March 2017, 04:12 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
They are limited, but we're talking 5000 units so that's like a normal run for other labels haha.
Im trying to look like i know what im talking about here push off
Old 3rd March 2017, 04:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The thing with games on the whole they are cheaper now than years ago, days of SNES etc games were 50-60, I remenber some N64 games being £80. It the one area I say quality has increased and price has decreashed . could say the same on pricing of movies , £10-20 is nothing compared to some VHs titles.
Old 3rd March 2017, 04:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I reckon there'll always be a market for some sort of physical product....where the hell's the fun in collecting downloads?
Exactly. If we go shopping, she goes off with the kids I spend the afternoon searching through rack after rack of DVD/Blu-ray, I love the thrill of the hunt. Just clicking 'download/stream now' would do feck all for me.

I love the artwork, the leaflets and holding something tangible. The same reason my Kindle has been powered down for nearly a year and I love secondhand bookshops.
Old 3rd March 2017, 04:28 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
Exactly. I spend the afternoon searching through rack after rack of DVD/Blu-ray, I love the thrill of the hunt.
Said perfectly nothing beats a random find out in the wilds much more exciting than just ordering stuff online or downloads.
Old 3rd March 2017, 07:53 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenhooker View Post
Exactly. If we go shopping, she goes off with the kids I spend the afternoon searching through rack after rack of DVD/Blu-ray, I love the thrill of the hunt. Just clicking 'download/stream now' would do feck all for me.

I love the artwork, the leaflets and holding something tangible. The same reason my Kindle has been powered down for nearly a year and I love secondhand bookshops.
I'm the same mate.Give me a paper book anyday.
J Harker and bleakshaun like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd March 2017, 10:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Even if physical media no longer exists as retail items just think how many perfectly good discs will be around on the second hand market and charity shop shelves, already I've found Arrow, Shameless and even 88 and other cult labels floating around (and lets not forget we will go back to the 'hunt' in the real world instead of clicking a mouse button to have that shiny disc on the shelf) and the likes of ebay will always be awash with physical media tho the prices will no doubt make our eyes water i.e. "Rare Arrow BD of Zombie Flesh Eaters missing seconds of boat footage... £299.99"

Like this? Share it using the links below!