Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th June 2009, 12:59 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

In regards to the goat scene in island of death, i don't really find it that bad. In my opinion it seems that the goat isn't harmed in any way, and from watching the scene i believe the director when he says it was just given a mild sedative. Just a bit of simulated goat loving. Unlike say the cat scene in men behind the sun, which if the cat was actually sedated (rather than killed by the rats), must of been a much worse ordeal than said goat.
Old 18th June 2009, 04:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I have never seen MBTS to make a comparison, But I will watch the goat scene again (reluctantly) in Island Of Death when I have time and see if I can view it differently with an angle of perhaps the goat did live.
Old 18th June 2009, 06:46 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think that scene in Island of Death was probably faked, if it was genuine the BBFC wouldn't have passed it. You don't actually see the animal being stabbed, just its apparently lifeless body lying on the ground covered in blood. No stab wounds either. The bestiality was more than likely to have been faked as well, no explicit detail anyway.

Nevertheless it is still a completely repugnant scene faked or not.
Old 18th June 2009, 11:39 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

the scene is definitely faked. If it wasn't faked, due to the exploitative nature of how the film was intended, the film makers would of shown much more detail.
Old 18th June 2009, 11:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah, i reckon its faked. Like Spooks says if it was real they would have shown it in more detail.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 18th June 2009, 02:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Fair enough Agreed, but still sick faked or not.
Old 18th June 2009, 03:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
I dont like the camera dwelling to much on Nudity.!

I love Fulci's NY Ripper but its ruined by over length shows of nudity, especially at the sex show .
You'll not like a certain sequence in the MY BLOODY VALENTINE remake then.Not something the actress can proudly show her kids in years to come !.
Old 18th June 2009, 04:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooks View Post
the scene is definitely faked. If it wasn't faked, due to the exploitative nature of how the film was intended, the film makers would of shown much more detail.
It is faked indeed- as the director explains in detail on the German (and Austrian) "Special Edition" DVD.
As far as I remember, the goat was "only" drugged, but not killed.

As far as "unbearable" scenes go: I just recently watched the uncut "Chaos"...and it has to be said that the murders of the 2 girls belong to the most viciously sadistic deaths I have ever witnessed in a movie.
Old 18th June 2009, 04:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Neal View Post
As far as "unbearable" scenes go: I just recently watched the uncut "Chaos"...and it has to be said that the murders of the 2 girls belong to the most viciously sadistic deaths I have ever witnessed in a movie.
I agree Peter, I saw this last year and those 2 scenes are absolutely appalling. No question the scenes will be cut here. They are certainly the most sadistically, violent murder scenes that I have seen.

And what a blatant rip off of Last House on the Left as well.
Old 18th June 2009, 04:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It sure is...and I wonder why DeFalco and his producer fail to mention the "Last House" influence seemingly at all costs...in the day and age of the "reimagination"/"homage".

Like this? Share it using the links below!