Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

dream demon 8th August 2011 04:56 PM

I've pre-ordered from HMV, but won't cancel at Amazon until I know for definite which one it is. ;)

brain dead 8th August 2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 172574)
I've pre-ordered from HMV, but won't cancel at Amazon until I know for definite which one it is. ;)

That was up with the non-steelbook Touch of Evil before the steelbook was added. I'm guessing they haven't added the steelbook yet for some reason.

Baseball Fury 9th August 2011 04:32 PM

I've heard from someone at work that Eureka use the same storage facility as Arrow and Artificial Eye, so these releases may be delayed.

Anybody know if that's the case?

the blob 13th August 2011 04:31 PM

Touch Of Evil steelbook has gone down to £14.99 at HMV! cI don't know if they have a preorder price guarantee and I only just ordered mine so not sure if anyone who's ordered at £16.99 will have to cancel and reorder..

Also..

Play.com - Buy Pulp Fiction (Play.com Exclusive Steelbook) (Blu-ray) online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

For all you Tarantino haters. ;)

I think that will sell out before release date so I'd say get on it if you want one. Just ordered one myself. :D

Refused 13th August 2011 05:17 PM

Well I can't not buy that. I'd like a Jackie Brown steelbook to go with it.

PaulD 13th August 2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 173818)

Also..

Play.com - Buy Pulp Fiction (Play.com Exclusive Steelbook) (Blu-ray) online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

For all you Tarantino haters. ;)

I think that will sell out before release date so I'd say get on it if you want one. Just ordered one myself. :D

Had to do it. Won't be charged until October anyway so I'll worry about that then :) Good extras too although will have to check how many are on the 2 disc dvd

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th August 2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 173818)
Touch Of Evil steelbook has gone down to £14.99 at HMV! cI don't know if they have a preorder price guarantee and I only just ordered mine so not sure if anyone who's ordered at £16.99 will have to cancel and reorder..

Also..

Thanks for the notifications -- I've cancelled and reordered Touch of Evil (for £13.99) and ordered Pulp Fiction. As Refused said, I hope Jackie Brown isn't too far off.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 13th August 2011 07:46 PM

Pre-ordered the Pulp Fiction steelbook too - thanks for the link, blob. :thumb:

brain dead 13th August 2011 11:07 PM

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet...
Henry Portrait Of A Serial Killer: Special Edition Double Play - Blu-ray + DVD: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th August 2011 09:50 AM

I look forward to seeing what this specifications and extra features will be.

Baseball Fury 14th August 2011 06:56 PM

From HMV

Quote:

pre-order price guarantee
If we lower our prices after you've pre-ordered (and we often do), we'll automatically charge you the lowest price when we ship the goods out to you.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th August 2011 08:19 AM

I didn't know HMV did that, so I obviously wasted a few minutes cancelling the old order and reordering it at the lower price! I know in future, so thanks for posting that.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th August 2011 09:58 AM

Touch of Evil has just been shipped by HMV, so that price stands.

The price guarantee is worth knowing full future pre-releases though.

Baseball Fury 15th August 2011 10:08 AM

Shipped?! Its not out until November? Haha

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th August 2011 10:16 AM

Gah! I've just checked the shipping e-mail and it turns out I ordered the DVD by mistake -- I thought it seemed cheap at £13.99!

Baseball Fury 15th August 2011 10:46 AM

Haha, oops! Back in the post for that then!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th August 2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 174044)
Haha, oops! Back in the post for that then!

Since I have the three disc 50th Anniversary Edition DVD set on its way from the US, I don't need an ordinary DVD so I'll have to bite the bullet and shell out the expense of returning it. That'll teach me to look a bit more closely before I buy!

Refused 15th August 2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 174046)
Since I have the three disc 50th Anniversary Edition DVD set on its way from the US, I don't need an ordinary DVD so I'll have to bite the bullet and shell out the expense of returning it. That'll teach me to look a bit more closely before I buy!

I'm pretty sure HMV have a freepost address for returns, so at least there's that!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th August 2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 174063)
I'm pretty sure HMV have a freepost address for returns, so at least there's that!

I'll have to check that out because I thought you had to pay to return things you'd ordered by mistake. In any case, I don't have it yet, so I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

nekromantik 15th August 2011 01:39 PM

its not freepost im afraid.
its only freepost if its the fault of hmv or faulty item

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th August 2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 174082)
its not freepost im afraid.
its only freepost if its the fault of hmv or faulty item

Yeah, that's what I found out and what I expected all along. Good job it's not expensive to send a large letter by second-class mail.

nekromantik 16th August 2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 174194)
Yeah, that's what I found out and what I expected all along. Good job it's not expensive to send a large letter by second-class mail.

i always get paranoid and use recorded mail :lol:

bgart13 16th August 2011 03:03 AM

Out of curiosity... ;) ...who has distribution rights for FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED in the UK?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th August 2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgart13 (Post 174243)
Out of curiosity... ;) ...who has distribution rights for FRANKENSTEIN MUST BE DESTROYED in the UK?

I'm pretty sure that Warner still have the rights to this.

dream demon 16th August 2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brain dead (Post 173878)

And only £13.99 at HMV! :woot:

Henry Portrait Of A Serial Killer (Special Edition Double Play) (2011): BLU-RAY: hmv.com

HMV are doing some great pre-order prices at the moment. :cool:

dream demon 16th August 2011 12:42 PM

I've just noticed that HMV have a picture of the Touch Of Evil steelbook up now. Looks pretty sweet. :cool:

Touch Of Evil: Masters Of Cinema: Hmv Exclusive: Ltd: Steelbook (2011): BLU-RAY: hmv.com

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th August 2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 174299)
And only £13.99 at HMV! :woot:

Henry Portrait Of A Serial Killer (Special Edition Double Play) (2011): BLU-RAY: hmv.com

HMV are doing some great pre-order prices at the moment. :cool:

That is a great pre-order price -- ordered! It's a film I haven't seen as many times as I will probably watch the DVD before this is released as it's a superb film with arguably Michael Rooker's finest performance.

nekromantik 16th August 2011 01:40 PM

for anyone interested the Big Lebowski limited edition digibook is out for preorder

not really my kinda film but the digibook does look nice!

The Big Lebowski

dream demon 16th August 2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 174313)
for anyone interested the Big Lebowski limited edition digibook is out for preorder

The Big Lebowski

Could this possibly be the UK's first digibook release? It's about time we started getting some as everyone else has had loads!

dream demon 16th August 2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 174312)
That is a great pre-order price -- ordered! It's a film I haven't seen as many times as I will probably watch the DVD before this is released as it's a superb film with arguably Michael Rooker's finest performance.

I agree 100%. :nod: I personally think he is a very underrated actor and I will go out of my way to see anything that he is in. I thought he was wonderful in The Walking Dead and hope we see much more of him in season 2! :clap:

Hugh 16th August 2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 174326)
I agree 100%. :nod: I personally think he is a very underrated actor and I will go out of my way to see anything that he is in. I thought he was wonderful in The Walking Dead and hope we see much more of him in season 2! :clap:

If you haven't seen him in The Replacement Killers, I'd highly recommend that one. He's again brilliant. Doesn't quite steal the film from Chow Yun Fat, but not far off.

Very good underrated actor.

marvinnashsear 16th August 2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 174332)
If you haven't seen him in The Replacement Killers, I'd highly recommend that one. He's again brilliant. Doesn't quite steal the film from Chow Yun Fat, but not far off.

I thought he was brilliant in Browns Requiem. It's not a film everybody's heard of but it's worth a look.

antmumford 16th August 2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 174313)

The Big Lebowski

That's been on preorder for ages mate. I managed to get it for 8.95 from Zavvi when it was first up, couldn't believe what a bargain I managed to get, well chuffed.
About time the UK started seeing some digibooks too

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

nekromantik 16th August 2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 174523)
That's been on preorder for ages mate. I managed to get it for 8.95 from Zavvi when it was first up, couldn't believe what a bargain I managed to get, well chuffed.
About time the UK started seeing some digibooks too

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

oh ha ha
well I shall skip as I dont really think its my kinda flick

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th August 2011 09:14 AM

I agree it's about time mediabooks were released in the UK. However, since Amazon.com shipped the limited edition release yesterday, I'm going to pass on this unless it has something to US release doesn't.

dream demon 17th August 2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 174332)

I forgot all about that one - haven't seen it since it was first released! I think I may have to pick up the Blu of that one. :cool:

The Replacement Killers Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

That's a good price. :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th August 2011 07:20 PM

I've just noticed that Amazon now have artwork up for the forthcoming BD of Quatermass and the Pit:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

I quite like it.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th August 2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 175066)
I've just noticed that Amazon now have artwork up for the forthcoming BD of Quatermass and the Pit:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

I quite like it.

Not bad. Quite minimalistic, which I like.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th August 2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 175068)
Not bad. Quite minimalistic, which I like.

---

No Irish cert either, Stephen. ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th August 2011 07:26 PM

I really hope this doesn't turn out to be the final artwork. Sure, you can't see his face, but it's Jackie Earl Haley!!!!!

http://tapatalk.com/mu/5c021b7e-6769-b17e.jpg

---