All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4253Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th July 2013, 11:43 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The Peter Cushing Appreciation Society UK have posted the final details of The Mummy, from Lionsgste, in their facebook page, and it looks amazing.

GREAT NEWS! Coming to Blu-ray, 14th October, with some great extras!

''Frankenstein Created Woman, and Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell, to follow!

Avaiable from AMAZON: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mummy-DVD-Bl...-ray+the+mummy

This new release on Blu-ray and DVD double play presents the film in its original UK theatrical aspect ratio of 1.66:1 for the first time, as well as featuring a host of brand new extras never seen before and in high definition. Containing 2xDVD + 1xBlu-ray.

Features include: Original UK theatrical aspect ratio: 1.66:1 (the film has never before been released at this aspect ratio).
Alternate "full frame" aspect ratio: 1.37:1
"Unwrapping The Mummy" - New 25 min. HD documentary about the film's creation and history.
"Hammer's Rep Company" - New 20 min. HD documentary about Hammer's informal repertory company of actors. Commentary - New expert commentary from Marcus Hearn & Jonathan Rigby. "Stolen Face" - bonus feature (Terence Fisher's 1952 crime drama, 72 mins). "The House Of Horror: Memories Of Bray" - Hammer's all-new 5-part documentary (50 mins. total) which will premiere on Hammer's YouTube channel before the Double Play release.
"Hammer Stars: Peter Cushing" - The World Of Hammer episode HD. Archive/Stills Gallery Original industry promo reel restored to HD (6 mins).

Old 29th July 2013, 11:55 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
The Peter Cushing Appreciation Society UK have posted the final details of The Mummy, from Lionsgste, in their facebook page, and it looks amazing.

GREAT NEWS! Coming to Blu-ray, 14th October, with some great extras!

''Frankenstein Created Woman, and Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell, to follow!

Avaiable from AMAZON: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mummy-DVD-Bl...-ray+the+mummy

This new release on Blu-ray and DVD double play presents the film in its original UK theatrical aspect ratio of 1.66:1 for the first time, as well as featuring a host of brand new extras never seen before and in high definition. Containing 2xDVD + 1xBlu-ray.

Features include: Original UK theatrical aspect ratio: 1.66:1 (the film has never before been released at this aspect ratio).
"Unwrapping The Mummy" - New 25 min. HD documentary about the film's creation and history.
"Hammer's Rep Company" - New 20 min. HD documentary about Hammer's informal repertory company of actors. Commentary - New expert commentary from Marcus Hearn & Jonathan Rigby. "Stolen Face" - bonus feature (Terence Fisher's 1952 crime drama, 72 mins). "The House Of Horror: Memories Of Bray" - Hammer's all-new 5-part documentary (50 mins. total) which will premiere on Hammer's YouTube channel before the Double Play release.
"Hammer Stars: Peter Cushing" - The World Of Hammer episode HD. Archive/Stills Gallery Original industry promo reel restored to HD (6 mins).

Great news indeed!
Old 29th July 2013, 12:18 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Original UK theatrical aspect ratio: 1.66:1 (the film has never before been released at this aspect ratio).
This isn't going to stir up another shitstorm, is it?
Old 29th July 2013, 12:18 PM
Cultist

Excellent news!

I thought Frankenstein Created Woman was a Studio Canal title? Are they licensing them out now?
Old 29th July 2013, 12:20 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Doc View Post
Probably. Mind you 1.66:1 is the OAR.
Old 29th July 2013, 12:21 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Doc View Post
Only by people who want to make an issue of it i'd suspect.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 29th July 2013, 12:34 PM
Active Cultist

Well, I hope this goes smoothly. And we're still waiting for the final word on Brides of Dracula's aspect ratio.
Old 29th July 2013, 01:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'm really looking forward to Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell on Blu-ray, it's one of my favourite ever Hammer flicks. I only hope they don't release the edited version of the film. I currently have the German 'Frankensteins Hollenmonster' DVD, which is almost uncut. The formerly censored scenes used in this DVD release are of slightly lesser quality than the rest of the film. Mind you, they're not as bad as the fuzzy inserts in Witchfinder General used to be before Odeon released their restored version on Blu-ray.
Old 4th August 2013, 12:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik
Default The Conjuring Zavvi Steebook

Pre order your copy now! It's limited run of 4000.

http://m.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-conju.../10837105.html

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th August 2013, 09:04 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Wake in Fright getting a UK bluray and dvd release in early 2014 by Eureka as part of their Masters of Cinema range. Also getting a Frightfest screening and UK theatrical release.

Like this? Share it using the links below!