Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   Upcoming UK Blu-ray Releases (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/1782-upcoming-uk-blu-ray-releases.html)

TJ Doc 28th February 2013 10:53 PM

If the transfer's notably better than Soul Media's disc (and even free of PAL speed-up), it could still be worth a look.

Although I'll probably wait for the German release too.

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th February 2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ Doc (Post 324763)
If the transfer's notably better than Soul Media's disc (and even free of PAL speed-up), it could still be worth a look.

Although I'll probably wait for the German release too.

Afraid, for me, a slightly inferior transfer is preferable to it being cut. So Anchor Bay won't be getting a penny from me.

TJ Doc 28th February 2013 11:03 PM

That's fair enough. I never got round to importing the full unrated DVD, so I'm quite excited about Koch's upcoming release.

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th February 2013 11:13 PM

And apparently, the workprint included on the Kock set will be better quality than we've seen before. Couldn't be any worse mind you!

Rik 2nd March 2013 11:22 AM

Scanners steelbook up for pre-order for £14.99 from Sainsbury's (£16.09 at Amazon) and the two sequel BD's are £10.99 each for those who want the entire trilogy

https://www.sainsburysentertainment....duct=E11205308

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th March 2013 06:56 PM

The Great Escape BD steelbook. What a wasted opportunity. Crappy artwork. Should've used the poster.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/06/hy8y8uty.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/06/adytebud.jpg

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th March 2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 325805)
The Great Escape BD steelbook. What a wasted opportunity. Crappy artwork. Should've used the poster.

It's worse than the image you posted last week. The poster is iconic, so why not choose an image everyone knows and loves?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th March 2013 07:15 PM

Actually, looking at it again, the green looks even worse; the whole thing should be in black and white.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th March 2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 325816)
It's worse than the image you posted last week. The poster is iconic, so why not choose an image everyone knows and loves?

That's what I just said on Facebook. I wasn't impressed with the normal BD art, but I'll take it over the steelbook.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th March 2013 07:19 PM

I haven't seen mentioned here, but StudioCanal are releasing a special edition of Evil Dead II with the following extra features:

• Commentary with writer/director Sam Raimi, actor Bruce Campbell, co-writer Scott Spiegel, and special makeup effects artist Greg Nicotero
• Swallowed souls: The Making of Evil Dead II (new!)
• Cabin Fever: a fly on the wall behind the scenes (new!)
• Road to Wadesboro: Revisiting the Shooting Location of Evil Dead II (new!)
• Archival Featurettes: Behind the screams / Making of ED2 / Theatrical Trailer
• Photo galleries

Daemonia 6th March 2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 325820)
I haven't seen mentioned here, but StudioCanal are releasing a special edition of Evil Dead II with the following extra features:

• Commentary with writer/director Sam Raimi, actor Bruce Campbell, co-writer Scott Spiegel, and special makeup effects artist Greg Nicotero
• Swallowed souls: The Making of Evil Dead II (new!)
• Cabin Fever: a fly on the wall behind the scenes (new!)
• Road to Wadesboro: Revisiting the Shooting Location of Evil Dead II (new!)
• Archival Featurettes: Behind the screams / Making of ED2 / Theatrical Trailer
• Photo galleries

Let's hope they use the new HD master for the film's transfer as their old BD was a bit rubbish.

nekromantik 6th March 2013 07:22 AM

Its a port of the US Lionsgate SE blu.
So PQ should be good.

Rik 6th March 2013 10:18 AM

I've still got the US edition sealed, ready for when I upgrade my player, it was too late to cancel my order from Planet Axel once I'd discovered it was locked, pretty sure I got a full refund for it even though they'd already shipped it :confused:

Justin101 6th March 2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 325935)
I've still got the US edition sealed, ready for when I upgrade my player, it was too late to cancel my order from Planet Axel once I'd discovered it was locked, pretty sure I got a full refund for it even though they'd already shipped it :confused:

it's your fault they went bust! :shocked:

Rik 6th March 2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 325941)
it's your fault they went bust! :shocked:

Ha ha yeah, only order I ever placed with them too :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th March 2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 325914)
Its a port of the US Lionsgate SE blu.
So PQ should be good.

I have that BD and couldn't be happier with it, so this is a great release for those who don't have a multi-region player (the US one is locked to Region A). I may also double dip when the price drops just so I can play it on my PS3 rather my cheap Maidston Blu-ray player (not that I've had any problems with it, it's just the PS3 is more user friendly).

Rik 7th March 2013 12:42 PM

According to Play.com The Wicker Man(1973) is coming soon to Blu Ray. Don't get too excited though as they have the release date down as 3rd November 2029! :eek:

Play.com - Buy online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Apologies for the brief moment of excitement you get from the first sentance in my post :o

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th March 2013 12:45 PM

I can't wait that long!

Rik 7th March 2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 326197)
I can't wait that long!

Me neither, I'll be 50 by then!

Slippery Jack 7th March 2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 326196)
According to Play.com The Wicker Man(1973) is coming soon to Blu Ray. Don't get too excited though as they have the release date down as 3rd November 2029! :eek:

Presented in 5D holographic projection, that enables the viewer roam freely around Summerisle and interact with the characters in real time :eek: . . .

Rik 7th March 2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 326199)
Presented in 5D holographic projection, that enables the viewer roam freely around Summerisle and interact with the characters in real time :eek: . . .

...with added bees buzzing around on the soundtrack, hang on...wrong version :doh:

Slippery Jack 7th March 2013 12:52 PM

It'll have probably been remade/rebooted a few more times by then :rolleyes:

As long it comes in a format to watch in my hovercar . . .

platostotal 7th March 2013 01:52 PM

HMV had ET running as a blu demo instore, looking very fine indeed, is a cracking release, high up on my to-buy list now.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th March 2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 326199)

If you plug your tails into them, does that mean you can fly as well? Oh, wrong film.

RedEyeTheCylon 9th March 2013 08:59 PM

Dr. Who and the Daleks & Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. coming from StudioCanal on May 27th:

Doctor Who And The Daleks [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Peter Cushing, Roy Castle, Roberta Tovey, Barrie Ingham, Yvonne Antrobus, John Brown, Michael Coles, Mark Peterson, Geoffrey Toone, Jennie Linden, Gordon Flemyng, Milton Subotsky: Film & TV

Daleks - Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Peter Cushing, Ray Brooks, Jill Curzon, Roberta Tovey, Andrew Keir, Roger Avon, Geoffrey Cheshire, Bernard Cribbins, Robert Jewell, Keith Marsh, Steve Peters, Godfrey Quigley, Philip Madoc, G

Dalek Limited Edition (Blu-ray + DVD): Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Justin101 15th March 2013 07:02 PM

Second Sight have just announced that they are going to release Possession on Blu

Timeline Photos | Facebook

:D

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th March 2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 328218)
Second Sight have just announced that they are going to release Possession on Blu

Fantastic news! :woot:

PaulD 16th March 2013 02:02 AM

That's been announced for a while hasn't it?

Not that it matters, it certainly is great news!

Justin101 16th March 2013 09:21 AM

You may be right Paul but it's great news, all the better because I hadn't picked up the DVD yet so I wont have to triple dip... still have a VHS of it :lol: (that I have no means to play)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th March 2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 328218)

Awesome! I hope it has a really good restoration without too much DNR – the screenshot on Facebook looks very promising – and hopefully some new extra features.

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th March 2013 06:49 PM

And here's the artwork for Zavvi's COMMANDO steelbook. I'm very dissapointed.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/29/uqe9u9e4.jpg

Anyone with even a single braincell at Fox's marketing department would've done this.....

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/29/7a7upubu.jpg

the blob 28th March 2013 07:00 PM

I'm not in the least bit bothered until they eventually release a version with both cuts, which I'm sure they'll do sometime. Keep meaning to get the normal one though when I see it very cheap.

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th March 2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 331225)
I'm not in the least bit bothered until they eventually release a version with both cuts, which I'm sure they'll do sometime. Keep meaning to get the normal one though when I see it very cheap.

Probably never.

the blob 28th March 2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 331227)
Probably never.

Wait till the remake finally gets in the works... :lol:

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th March 2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 331232)
Wait till the remake finally gets in the works... :lol:

Haha, yeah that would probably do it.

Andra Jai 28th March 2013 10:27 PM

[QUOTE=Stephen@Cult Labs;331221]And here's the artwork for Zavvi's COMMANDO steelbook. I'm very dissapointed.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/29/uqe9u9e4.jpg

Completely agree

This was one of my most wanted steelbooks and I would have bought this in a heart beat however we get a photo shopped picture of Arnie in front of a burned out forest on both the front and back covers which bear no resemblance to the film

As if the £15.99 price tag wasn't bad enough, so on reflection think I will pass

Rik 29th March 2013 09:39 AM

Couple more Hammer Blu Ray/DVD combo's on the way

The Evil Of Frankenstein Blu Ray + DVD Double Play Blu-ray: Amazon.co.uk: Peter Cushing, Peter Woodthorpe, Duncan Lamont, Sandor Elès, Katy Wild, David Hutcheson, James Maxwell, Howard Goorney, Anthony Blackshaw, David Conville, Freddie Francis: Film

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brides-Dracu...I3OZIS8YF9M63C

it'smebilly 29th March 2013 09:43 AM

Yay :D Do we know who's releasing these?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Rik 29th March 2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by it'smebilly (Post 331384)
Yay :D Do we know who's releasing these?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It says Final Cut Entertainment in the listings on Amazon, this is the first I've heard about them, I'm going to do some digging to find out they're legit seeing as there's been no mention of them from Hammer

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 29th March 2013 10:14 AM

To quote Mr Burns: 'Excellent!'