Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

doubt I can afford a CC blu of videodrome even if its region free

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 30th July 2010, 09:55 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I know what you mean. I have a wish list of about 20 I want and so far only got three of them. Two of them had to be bought there and then because they were going OOP.
Old 31st July 2010, 04:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Since ALL CC BDs are locked, this one will be, too.
Old 1st August 2010, 02:26 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Word is that the MGM Escape From New York Blu-Ray is completely bare bones and Region A locked. Supposedly a decent transfer though. Looks like I'll be hanging onto my Special Ed dvd.

Blood Simple is still up for order at some places but the rumour is that it could have disappeared from release.. we'll find out next week I suppose.
Old 1st August 2010, 09:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Blob, where have you seen reviews? I'd love to get the MGM blu-ray, but am still waiting before dropping cash on it.
Old 2nd August 2010, 01:13 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Haven't seen any official reviews yet, just some digging around forums and a few people on AVS have it. Their initial reports seem favourable. One said it's a little soft and lacking in grain but it's been so long since I saw it at the cinema that I can't even remember what it looked like. They all seem to agree that it blows the UK one away though.
Old 4th August 2010, 05:52 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Well after scouring the information super highway, Blood Simple has definitely been at least delayed, if not cancelled altogether. I was looking forward to that as much as EFNY. I've always had a special place for that film since I saw it at the cinema first-time around.
Old 5th August 2010, 12:08 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Well after scouring the information super highway, Blood Simple has definitely been at least delayed, if not cancelled altogether. I was looking forward to that as much as EFNY. I've always had a special place for that film since I saw it at the cinema first-time around.
The old R1 of Blood Simple has the funniest audio commentary of all time, by some fake movie 'expert'. I didn't twig at first, until he starts saying that, in the opening shot, to achieve the effect of the couple to be in a moving car, they were strapped in upside down and people ran past with torches. He then claims the dog in a following scene is actually animatronic. Funny shit and well worth a listen. Shame the BD appears to be delayed, or even cancelled altogether.
Old 5th August 2010, 12:42 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Word is that the MGM Escape From New York Blu-Ray is completely bare bones and Region A locked. Supposedly a decent transfer though. Looks like I'll be hanging onto my Special Ed dvd.
Completely unforgivable of MGM to release EFNY without the special features from the dvd set. Of course, I knew something wasn't quite right when I first saw that awful artwork.
Old 5th August 2010, 11:25 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I recieved EFNY today from Netflix, popped it on and scanned thru it quickly. Looks pretty damn good, honestly. No extras, but if the remake happens, I'd assume it'll be redone.

Like this? Share it using the links below!