All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th May 2010, 09:54 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
I said they look good together, and here they are next to my Shameless and Arrow DVDs.

I didn't realise they had a spine thing going on! Too bad I all ready own Deathsport from a previous release and have no desire to own a couple of the others...hmmmm, I just haven't got this collecting thing down properly yet!
Old 6th May 2010, 12:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak View Post
Why no picture on the top spine of "Cemetery"?
I've no idea -- it was the only (and still is the only) title released without a picture at the top of the spine so it doesn't quite fit in as much as I'd like it to.
Old 6th May 2010, 12:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
I've no idea -- it was the only (and still is the only) title released without a picture at the top of the spine so it doesn't quite fit in as much as I'd like it to.
There's a spine picture on the (superior, IMO) reverse artwork.
Old 6th May 2010, 12:49 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I like the original artwork but, because of the picture on the spine, I think it's time to give that baby a little reversal!

In terms of collecting, I think the secret is not to mind buying two or even three copies of the same title even if there's nothing wrong with the one you own, purely for the sake of having everything in one set. It can be expensive, but to have DVDs on Blu-ray Discs as you only vice makes it very manageable!

I might upload some new photos with the reverse House by the Cemetery artwork plus the four Arrow Video BDs -- I realise this will take until I have the City of the Living Dead BD but it should look good with the two Romero movies and Caligula.
Old 7th May 2010, 02:02 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Here are the details for the Shout Factory blu-ray releases of Forbidden World and Galaxy Of Terror.I assume the dvds will include the same features.FW includes the R-rated theatrical cut on blu-ray and a never-before-seen unrated Director's Cut in full-frame on a second dvd)

Forbidden World

Interview with producer Roger Corman
Interviews with cast and crew including director Allan Holzman, composer Susan Justin and actor Jesse Vint
A look at the special effects of Forbidden World with John Carl Buechler, Robert Skotak, Tony Randal and R. Christopher Biggs
Poster and still Gallery
Original theatrical trailer
Additional New World trailers
Audio commentary with director Allan Holzman on the director's cut

Galaxy of Terror

Commentary with Cast and Crew
New Worlds: producer Roger Corman, screenwriter Marc Siegler and director Bruce D. Clark discuss the origins of the film
The Crew Of The Quest: Actors Robert Englund, Sid Haig, Taaffe O'Connell and Grace Zabriskie discuss their experiences as crew members of the U.S.S. Quest
Planet of Horrors: A detailed look into the creation of the film's memorable sets and alien landscapes
Future King: Memories of co-production designer (and future visionary filmmaker) James Cameron from members of the cast and crew
Old School: A journey into the complicated mechanical and makeup effects with artists Allan A. Apone, Douglas J. White, Alec Gillis and others
Launch Sequence: Co-editor R.J. Kizer walks us through postproduction and a profile on composer Barry Schrader
Theatrical trailers
Extensive photo galleries including posters, production sketches and designs
Theatrical trailer with commentary from writer/director Joel Olsen, courtesy of Trailersfromhell.com
Original screenplay
Old 7th May 2010, 02:06 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
here are the details for the shout factory blu-ray releases of forbidden world and galaxy of terror.i assume the dvds will include the same features.fw includes the r-rated theatrical cut on blu-ray and a never-before-seen unrated director's cut in standard def (a second dvd?)

forbidden world

interview with producer roger corman
interviews with cast and crew including director allan holzman, composer susan justin and actor jesse vint
a look at the special effects of forbidden world with john carl buechler, robert skotak, tony randal and r. Christopher biggs
poster and still gallery
original theatrical trailer
additional new world trailers
audio commentary with director allan holzman on the director's cut

galaxy of terror

commentary with cast and crew
new worlds: Producer roger corman, screenwriter marc siegler and director bruce d. Clark discuss the origins of the film
the crew of the quest: Actors robert englund, sid haig, taaffe o'connell and grace zabriskie discuss their experiences as crew members of the u.s.s. Quest
planet of horrors: A detailed look into the creation of the film's memorable sets and alien landscapes
future king: Memories of co-production designer (and future visionary filmmaker) james cameron from members of the cast and crew
old school: A journey into the complicated mechanical and makeup effects with artists allan a. Apone, douglas j. White, alec gillis and others
launch sequence: Co-editor r.j. Kizer walks us through postproduction and a profile on composer barry schrader
theatrical trailers
extensive photo galleries including posters, production sketches and designs
theatrical trailer with commentary from writer/director joel olsen, courtesy of trailersfromhell.com
original screenplay
Want! Want, want WANT!!!
Old 7th May 2010, 02:12 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Want! Want, want WANT!!!
Yes indeedy!
Old 7th May 2010, 02:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Here are the details for the Shout Factory blu-ray releases of Forbidden World and Galaxy Of Terror.I assume the dvds will include the same features.FW includes the R-rated theatrical cut on blu-ray and a never-before-seen unrated Director's Cut in full-frame on a second dvd)

Forbidden World

Interview with producer Roger Corman
Interviews with cast and crew including director Allan Holzman, composer Susan Justin and actor Jesse Vint
A look at the special effects of Forbidden World with John Carl Buechler, Robert Skotak, Tony Randal and R. Christopher Biggs
Poster and still Gallery
Original theatrical trailer
Additional New World trailers
Audio commentary with director Allan Holzman on the director's cut

Galaxy of Terror

Commentary with Cast and Crew
New Worlds: producer Roger Corman, screenwriter Marc Siegler and director Bruce D. Clark discuss the origins of the film
The Crew Of The Quest: Actors Robert Englund, Sid Haig, Taaffe O'Connell and Grace Zabriskie discuss their experiences as crew members of the U.S.S. Quest
Planet of Horrors: A detailed look into the creation of the film's memorable sets and alien landscapes
Future King: Memories of co-production designer (and future visionary filmmaker) James Cameron from members of the cast and crew
Old School: A journey into the complicated mechanical and makeup effects with artists Allan A. Apone, Douglas J. White, Alec Gillis and others
Launch Sequence: Co-editor R.J. Kizer walks us through postproduction and a profile on composer Barry Schrader
Theatrical trailers
Extensive photo galleries including posters, production sketches and designs
Theatrical trailer with commentary from writer/director Joel Olsen, courtesy of Trailersfromhell.com
Original screenplay
I want them both and I want them now!
Old 19th May 2010, 01:29 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

There's a review of the Shout! Factory Death Race 2000 up at DVD Drive-In. I'll be picking up the BD version for sure.

Can't post links yet though I'm afraid..
Old 19th May 2010, 09:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Fantastic discs!
Roll on June?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!