Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 2nd October 2011 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by re.form (Post 186221)
Shock Labyrinth. A bit cack, to be honest.

Texas Gladiators 2020. Glorious rubbish.

Exterminators of the year 3000. As above. Glorious.

EotY3 is a fantastic film! Thanks to Pete, I own it on VHS and luv it to bits :woot:

Also agree, SL is crap.

Heres the last 20 films I've seen - again its very OCD, but what the hey...

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd October 2011 10:37 PM

Scared to ask, but was The Howling Reborn any good?

Rassilon 3rd October 2011 07:48 AM

Sorry but in the cast of Flavia the Heretic, it maybe the case that its trying to be a bit more high brow, but its defo been marketed in terms of artwork as a nunsploitation flick with the tagline 'Flay me baby one more time'. I watched it too the end and was left thinking I've just wasted so much time when there's so much better out there. I thought the visuals were cheap and the sets bare. The few sex scenes in it, were boring and lame. There was this huge build up to Flavia having sex for the first time and when it happened it was a montage of kisses soft lighting and rolling about like she was a seasoned pro. Not for me. It was like a heavy sunday dinner when you've already eaten.

Make Them Die Slowly 3rd October 2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 186691)
EotY3 is a fantastic film! Thanks to Pete, I own it on VHS and luv it to bits :woot:

Also agree, SL is crap.

"Beautiful Thing" is a great film, what did you think of it?

PaulD 3rd October 2011 08:15 AM

Recently I've watched

My Bloody Valentine (original) - one of the best slashers ever I think. Really entertaining, loads of good kills, great plot, neat little twist I never saw coming. Awesome.

Midnight - It surprised me how much I enjoyed this. Maybe my expectations were low due to my anti-Russo stance following NOTLD30 but this was a great film. Some of the acting/technical aspects were a little shoddy (I laughed so hard when Nancy hit her stepfather over the head with the radio) but overall two thumbs up. Nice to see a film I probably wouldn't have come across ordinarily.

InDogWeTrust 3rd October 2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 186691)

Also agree, SL is crap.

I've been looking to get that 'Monsters Crash The Pajama Party' DVD for a while!
It's been quite expensive everywhere I've looked.

Do you own it or just see it recently?

...Also could this possibly be a hint to this weeks 'Pick Your Own Arrowdome' comp 'cause so far I see one of the answers in this lot ;)

Prince_Vajda 3rd October 2011 09:21 AM

- Nosferatu: the original 1922 Horror classic. A masterpiece; it still works, both as a "normal" film and an early spooky Horror tale. :nod:
No other Nosferatu/Orlok/Dracula/... comes close to Max Schreck's terrific performance! :clap:

- Belle de Jour: a mean, funny satire - or: a typical Bunuel flick. The story of a rich, masochist woman (Catherine Deneuve) who turns into a high-class hooker is still something else!

Both flicks are highly recommended.

Greetings!

Phurious 3rd October 2011 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 186726)
Sorry but in the cast of Flavia the Heretic, it maybe the case that its trying to be a bit more high brow, but its defo been marketed in terms of artwork as a nunsploitation flick with the tagline 'Flay me baby one more time'. I watched it too the end and was left thinking I've just wasted so much time when there's so much better out there. I thought the visuals were cheap and the sets bare. The few sex scenes in it, were boring and lame. There was this huge build up to Flavia having sex for the first time and when it happened it was a montage of kisses soft lighting and rolling about like she was a seasoned pro. Not for me. It was like a heavy sunday dinner when you've already eaten.

Yeh, the Shameless release is quite removed form the actual content - laughably so really.

mercury 3rd October 2011 10:22 AM

Knight and day
Crawlspace. Found this a bit boring, with a lack of murders or suspence:(

Mojo 3rd October 2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemesis (Post 186630)
I sometimes try that strategy as well, but it's usually thwarted depending on the quality of the story: take the War Games and Inferno, they're so brilliant that I just simply could not wait another week; I had to watch them in one go.

Inferno is superb. Mind you, I think the whole of Jon Pertwee's first season has never been bettered.