Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th December 2011, 12:11 AM
Active Cultist

The Roomate

Like being punched in the face by a giant fist made out of monotony.

The Others

See above.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 8th December 2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Two posts in as many minutes
Old 8th December 2011, 01:10 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
The Card Player. Far better than expected... except for the last twenty minutes. A modern approach, some of Argento's trademarks - great. But....well, the leading actress (Stefania Rocca) is good-looking, but it's partly due to her (in my eyes) implausible performance that the last couple of minutes simply suck... I won't spoil it for any newbies, but the last part of the movie is disappointing and unimaginative, especially, but not only, because of the script. The male leading actor, Liam Cunningham, is great, and his character seems very natural and genuine. As for the score, let me put it this way: Claudio Simonetti can do better than that.

No total disappointment, far from it - but it's not among Argento's best, and I would most certainly not recommend it to anybody as a first Argento experience. This Argento Neo Giallo is pretty well-made, but it has nothing of the addictive delirious madness of his earlier works.

Greetings!
I also rather enjoyed The Card Player, and thought Liam Cunningham was great in it (as he is in most things).

Watched REC tonight and thought it was amazing (can't believe it has taken me this long to see it). I will watch REC 2 tomorrow night, and am really looking forward to it!
Old 8th December 2011, 08:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Mindwarp...Not bad
Old 8th December 2011, 04:47 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

TRUE LIES
Cameron's last best film imo
got the German dvd of this fun action adventure film
bdc and Prince_Vajda like this.
Old 8th December 2011, 10:06 PM
Cultist

Amer (2009)
I really, really liked it. It doesn't make sense story-wise (who cares?), but it looks beautiful. Lots of Argento references in the cinematography department.
Phurious likes this.
Old 8th December 2011, 10:12 PM
Cult Addict

Mystery science fiction theatre 3000 release of manos the hands of fate.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: Manos Hand of Fate DVD Region 1 US Import NTSC: Amazon.co.uk: Michael J. Nelson, Joel Hodgson, Kevin Murphy, Jim Mallon, Trace Beaulieu: Film & TV

[ATTACH] 33280 [/ATTACH]

Considering how seriously $*&% the movie is, the dvd is well worth a look. The MST3000 version is fantastic fun and features a retrospective interview with the team the second disc has the origional film, a 26 minute making of (interesting if somewhat brief) a short, and a few sundry other features. Great cover art and was totally free thanks to axel points.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manos.jpg (23.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 9th December 2011, 12:26 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just finished CONAN (2011), not very good unfortunately. Jason Momoa was pretty good, Rose McGowen hammed it up, Stephen Lang seems to continue his career renaissance by playing the same character in every film and Ron Perlman, well i like Perlman so no bad word to say here. Marcus Nispal's direction is nice but there was way too much CGI. Was never going to match Arnie's Conan though.
Old 9th December 2011, 06:16 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
just finished CONAN (2011), not very good unfortunately. Jason Momoa was pretty good, Rose McGowen hammed it up, Stephen Lang seems to continue his career renaissance by playing the same character in every film and Ron Perlman, well i like Perlman so no bad word to say here. Marcus Nispal's direction is nice but there was way too much CGI. Was never going to match Arnie's Conan though.
My problem with arnies conan was it was not Robert E Howards conan, in that regards nispels film is the better movie.

That said the arnie one was more entertaining.
Old 9th December 2011, 08:12 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
TRUE LIES
Cameron's last best film imo
got the German dvd of this fun action adventure film
True Lies is indeed highly entertaining - Jamie Lee Curtis and Arnie are both great in it!

Greetings!
Old 9th December 2011, 08:32 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
True Lies is indeed highly entertaining - Jamie Lee Curtis and Arnie are both great in it!

Greetings!
Especially Jamie

Like this? Share it using the links below!