Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th December 2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 203197)
I'm on ''I have to watch every unwatched dvd I have'' mood so I've watched Beowulf(1999) ,total crap.The Night Flier,decent Stephen King movie and Clan Of The Cave Bear,good movie ,not great but I highly praise the creators for using some ancient language instead of English

Ha, ha, i'm ther opposite of you Sawyer. I thought the Night Flyer was crap and Beowulf (the Lambert one) was a decent watch.

The beauty of film eh?

sawyer6 12th December 2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 203202)
Ha, ha, i'm ther opposite of you Sawyer. I thought the Night Flyer was crap and Beowulf (the Lambert one) was a decent watch.

The beauty of film eh?

:decision:

ReturnToZero 12th December 2011 05:43 PM

The Sweet Body of Deborah (1968)
I thought this movie was a little to lengthy at times but when the paranoia starts to increase and the mystery starts twisting i actually find this thriller really enjoyable. It's not a giallo but fans of the genre may still find it worth a look.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/gal...ges/3830/1.jpg

Demoncrat 13th December 2011 09:50 AM

watched an oddity at mates house....The Mortician. great use of real locations, made The Wire look like Pushing Daisies etc. titular character witnesses a murder, gets drawn into situation due to naviety/charity etc...it might have been the lighting, or me hallucinating due to this fever but it really looked odd. will watch again after ive recovered....

mercury 13th December 2011 10:56 AM

The Blood of Fu Manchu. Just couldn't get into this film. Found it quite slow and a bit boring:(

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th December 2011 11:13 AM

4 Attachment(s)
The American

Excellent slow burning thriller starring George Clooney as an assassin holed up in an Italian village trying to avoid a Swedish hit squad, whilst waiting for one last job, where he falls in love with a local prostitute.

A gorgeously filmed piece with lovely cinematography. Clooney shows his acting talents again and you have real feelings for him and his relationship. The bursts of action come as jolts to the head rather than full blown set pieces and the film seems all the more realistic for it.

Highly recommended.

antmumford 13th December 2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 203400)
The American

Excellent slow burning thriller starring George Clooney as an assassin holed up in an Italian village trying to avoid a Swedish hit squad, whilst waiting for one last job, where he falls in love with a local prostitute.

A gorgeously filmed piece with lovely cinematography. Clooney shows his acting talents again and you have real feelings for him and his relationship. The bursts of action come as jolts to the head rather than full blown set pieces and the film seems all the more realistic for it.

Highly recommended.

High Priority on Lovefilm right this second ;) EDIT: Would have done, but it's not available

Which reminds me I have The Conversation and Deep End on their way from Lovefilm, will report back on what I think. Heard great things from you guys :)

Prince_Vajda 13th December 2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 203396)
The Blood of Fu Manchu. Just couldn't get into this film. Found it quite slow and a bit boring:(

That's a problem of quite a few Franco flicks...:sleep: :smokin:

Greetings!

Handyman Joe 13th December 2011 03:28 PM

Got Nakashima's Confessions today and had to watch it immediately - what an astonishing movie. Japanese/Korean films and blu ray are a dynamite combination, its taken movie watching to a whole new level for me. Next stop Sion Sono's Cold Fish!

PaulD 13th December 2011 04:33 PM

Watched Toy Story 3 last night. Watched the whole trilogy over the past week. Look spectacular on bluray and just absolutely incredible films