All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th May 2012, 08:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

TENEBRE - On commentary
PRIMAL
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 14th May 2012, 08:19 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Drunken Master (English dub)
Still very entertaining.

Gojirosan and antmumford like this.
Old 14th May 2012, 08:44 PM
Cult Addict

suredeathrevenge.jpg

supurb samurai detective drama with plenty of action and sonny chiba! Directed by the legendary Kinji Fukasaku (battle royale)

A group of the shoguns retainers are larking round near the poor end of town when one of their horses bolts and ends up killing an old man. An apparently bumbling policeman (who moonlights as an assasin) investigates and discovers theres more going on than meets the eye.

boxersomen.jpg

Demented tale of a boxers brother who ends up becoming a bhuddist monk and fighting evil.. Very gooey and some geuinelly out there visuals and plot points.

Lots of fun!
Old 14th May 2012, 09:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Gatti rossi in un labirinto di vetro/Eyeball/The Secret Killer - whilst nowhere near the top division of gialli, this is nonetheless a fun bit of absurdity. Below par in every department, it somehow works as a whole despite the flaws and is never less than entertaining.
bdc and bizarre_eye@Cult Labs like this.
Old 14th May 2012, 09:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Shrooms - absolutely crap. Characters it's hard to care about and the whole thing is shot in such a haphazard way it makes it difficult to watch (no doubt in a failed attempt to recreate the delirium of 'shrooming'). I expected a bit more from this.

Episode 50 -not bad. Started interestingly enough but lost its way a bit towards the end. Worth a look if you like 'found footage/fake documentary' style movies and can tolerate a low budget.
Old 14th May 2012, 09:35 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Episode 50 -not bad. Started interestingly enough but lost its way a bit towards the end. Worth a look if you like 'found footage/fake documentary' style movies and can tolerate a low budget.
I fell asleep during this but thought what I saw of it was awful. I don't mind low-budget films (hell, I love them!) but this was so shockingly cheap-looking it couldn't keep my interest. It has that awful shiny digital film look which just didn't work at all, even for a found footage film.
Old 14th May 2012, 09:43 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Shrooms - absolutely crap. Characters it's hard to care about and the whole thing is shot in such a haphazard way it makes it difficult to watch (no doubt in a failed attempt to recreate the delirium of 'shrooming'). I expected a bit more from this.
Absolutely spot on.
Old 14th May 2012, 09:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I fell asleep during this but thought what I saw of it was awful. I don't mind low-budget films (hell, I love them!) but this was so shockingly cheap-looking it couldn't keep my interest. It has that awful shiny digital film look which just didn't work at all, even for a found footage film.
I actually agree with a lot of what you're saying Paul, in fact it seemed to forget that it was even meant to be a found footage film at all some points! It's a bad film in most respects but for the first two-thirds it kept me fairly interested and even had a few creepy moments.

The ending completely missed the mark though and was overly ambitious for a film with such a low budget. If you hated the beginning, I'd like to see what you'd think of the ending !!
Old 14th May 2012, 11:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just got back from Safe, I thought it was really good. Ridiculously violent and ludicrous plot elements (a cage fighting ex-policeman/mercenary?!?!) It was everything an action film is suppozed to be.

The Raid tomorrow though! Can't wait!
Old 15th May 2012, 12:17 AM
Cult Addict

Black magic 1 & 2.

Bit of a HK SHAW BROS. FEST!

Very 70's with plenty of occult shennanigans. First is the best imo though 2 is also a lot of fun. No idea why media blasters stuck a dub on there, or are there people who dont like their stuff subbed?!

Like this? Share it using the links below!