Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2013, 10:56 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

If I'm watching films during the day then I'm usually busy doing college work at the same time and use the film as background noise (unless it's a film I haven't seen before, then I give it my full attention)
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd March 2013, 10:58 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Ah, I just wondered. I don't really half watch films, as if I'm watching a movie, I'm watching it. One can't help falling asleep sometimes, but that's through tiredness, and I wouldn't be distracting myself on the internet or phone as I'm committed to the movie. Maybe I'm from the older generation that still regards the internet as a tool, not a lifestyle choice. I don't have a facebook or twitter - I'm social network-less and regard it with suspicion. I find the whole dependency on it as a bit depressing to be honest.
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:09 AM
Cult Veteran

I'm not all that young, when I was in school there was 1 PC to go around the whole class but I've fully embraced technology and having access to information at your fingertips while watching a film is really good. Gone are the days when you're stumped thinking where have I seen that guy before... and waiting until after the film and grabbing your Time Out companion to film book and looking up the actors name etc - now within seconds you can have the full filmography on your ipad screen while still watching the film.

I'm not one for tweeting and facebooking my every movement though and I wouldn't be posting 'i'm currently watching...' unles it was bloody awful and I was bored

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 22nd March 2013, 11:19 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Gone are the days when you're stumped thinking where have I seen that guy before... and waiting until after the film and grabbing your Time Out companion to film book and looking up the actors name etc - now within seconds you can have the full filmography on your ipad screen while still watching the film.
See, that's where I'd say what's wrong with waiting until after the film?

Mind you I don't have an I-Pad, and my phone is old and clunky. So the old Time Out companion works better for me. I do love my reference books.
Old 22nd March 2013, 11:22 AM
Cult Veteran

Me too, I love books I haven't bought this years edition, but because I wouldn't know what to do with the old ones

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 22nd March 2013, 07:49 PM
Seasoned Cultist

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

Bought 1-7 on BD ages ago and just got round to watching what is probably my favourite of the series.

The bit where Freddy asks Zsa Zsa Gabor on a chat show "who gives a **** what you think?" had me in stitches...I'd completely forgotten about it
Rik likes this.
Old 22nd March 2013, 08:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
The bit where Freddy asks Zsa Zsa Gabor on a chat show "who gives a **** what you think?" had me in stitches...I'd completely forgotten about it
That's one of the best moments in the entire series, always makes me laugh
trebor8273 and Zann like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd March 2013, 08:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Shock

There's a drinking game here, surely - take a shot every time Daria Nicolodi has an accident It became quite comical just how many times her charater gets damaged: cut from razor blades between piano keys, cut from a broken medicine bottle, burned on the coffee maker, stepping on a rake like Sideshow Bob... poor woman I also loved that priceless line of exposition from the doctor: "You are in a continual state of anxiety and depression, as a result of having to live with a drug addict. His suicide in the sea, your six months in a sanitorium, and your electric shock treatments, might very well have influenced your behavior..." YA THINK?!

So yeah, it was all very daft, but had some fun moments peppered throughout . . .
Old 22nd March 2013, 08:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Running Man (German blu-ray, includes a 3d version). Good cheesy fun, although it has aged badly. I must seek out the original French movie which I seem to remember was more faithful to Bachman's story - anyone know where I can find an English friendly version?

I am off to Hamburg tomorrow for Fantasy Film Days, so will have more to say on Monday.
Old 22nd March 2013, 08:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly for me today.

The Good-Kolchak:The Night Stalker, great TV film which is basically a pilot for the TV show of the same name, always enjoy watching this

The Bad-Dario Argento's Dracula, I didn't find it as bad as everyone else (I actually enjoyed parts of it), but it certainly is time Argento retired, sad considering the great films he's given us over the years

The Ugly-Wrong Turn 2: Dead End, brilliant sequel with plenty of gore and a decent performance from Henry Rollins. I'm going to get the other 3 sequels now, if they're cheap and give them a try

Like this? Share it using the links below!