Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn View Post
Cleanskin (2012) Sean Bean doing what Sean Bean does...with a Yorkshire accent! At least he aint trying to flog me an O2 simcard!
Never realised 'e 'ad an accent, I thought it was everybody else puttin' on posh voices!

trebor8273 likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 23rd June 2013, 09:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Surely thats unfair on Hawk the slayer!

Mother of Tears and Dracula are utter crap of the first order. I wouldent weep if a fire destroyed every copy and the films were lost to time. I think Argentos Dracula is one of the worst experiences i've had watching a film and I sat through Twighlight. I really wonder what argento is smoking when he watches the dailies and sees the utter shite he's producing. He used to be a film critic for gods sake!

AAANNNNNDDD rant over.
FFFIII-GHT!!!
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 23rd June 2013, 12:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Shuttle and The Lords of Salem
Old 23rd June 2013, 01:22 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Surely thats unfair on Hawk the slayer!

Mother of Tears and Dracula are utter crap of the first order. I wouldent weep if a fire destroyed every copy and the films were lost to time. I think Argentos Dracula is one of the worst experiences i've had watching a film and I sat through Twighlight. I really wonder what argento is smoking when he watches the dailies and sees the utter shite he's producing. He used to be a film critic for gods sake!

AAANNNNNDDD rant over.
Why would anyone watch Twilight?
Old 23rd June 2013, 03:13 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Why would anyone watch Twilight?
I was working at Blockbusters, it was new out and a lot of people were asking me questions about it. So I rented it (for free) and sat and watched it. Good cinematography but that was the only kind thing I have to say about the film really. By the end I was half watching it while reading.
troggi likes this.
Old 23rd June 2013, 03:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Immortals (2011)

If there's one thing i detest about films its the dark. Not night, after all night time can be beautifully lit and still creepy, as in the Gothic films of the sixties. I hate it when film makers don't show the audience anything because scenes are too dimly lit.

Immortals is one of the worst, if not the worst in recent memory. As a film from the people behind 300, the excellent action epic starring Gerard Butler, i expected masses of CGI and thats what you get, in fact i'm sure it was mostly all filmed against a green screen. The designers produced a lovely to look at back ground in mainly yellow colours. However here's where it all went wrong for me. Virtually every night time scene and many daylight ones were shot in almost near darkness. Yellow giving way to great big black shadows. Action sequences were often obscured from view by the darkness. Pretty soon it became incredibly boring. The dire story and lethargic acting doesn't help either.

Films like this don't need to be hidden from view, its almost as if the film makers were embarrassed by their work and thought they'd better obscure it from the viewers gaze. Films like these don't need huge effects and hundreds of millions spent on them for entertainment, for heavens sake Hollywood look at the work of Ray Harryhausen and you'll see what i mean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (13.3 KB, 2 views)
Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 23rd June 2013 at 03:53 PM.
Old 23rd June 2013, 03:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

My 9 year old wants to watch this, as he's a fan of the Titans films, I know it's a 15, but is it too much for a kid his age?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 23rd June 2013, 03:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
My 9 year old wants to watch this, as he's a fan of the Titans films, I know it's a 15, but is it too much for a kid his age?
There are one or two graphic kills - throat slashing that sort of thing but the main battle violence is obscured by darkness. The COTT remake is far more fun, as is Prince of Persia.
Old 23rd June 2013, 03:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
It's pretty rough in places, probably best waiting till he's a bit older.
Old 23rd June 2013, 03:39 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
It's pretty rough in places, probably best waiting till he's a bit older.
Keirarts do you agree about my darkness pet hate and this film?

Like this? Share it using the links below!