Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

gag 3rd November 2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitchslicer (Post 46536)
ive been watching Stephen king's kingdom hospital ive just finished episode 7 out of 13

I bought that a while back started to watch it got to around ep7 as well, Then put it down watched a few films since, that i to catch upon and 4 got all about it till noticing you said your watching it ,its not to bad what i saw. prob is i have a habit of starting to watch episodes of what ever then putting them down and then forgetting to go back to them because i get to involved watching other films...stuff i started to watch then put own ..eg kingdom hospital, 90s tv series civvies by lynda plant, city of men brazilian tv series based of the film and city of god. well other way round the films are based of the tv series....

James Morton 3rd November 2009 10:15 PM

'What dvd's have you seen recently and can you recommend them?'‏

Re: Vampix
I agree rith you about MARTYRS.
Overall I thought the film was very good, but it's martyrdom' theme concerning the rich people wanting to know about beyond life or whatever was disappointing.
It's got, in my opinion an arthouse feel to it.
Still a good film, but I was a bit disappointed in the end.
My French faves are still SWITCHBLADE ROMANCE and INSIDE.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd November 2009 11:18 PM

I watched THE SURVIVOR tonight,not a bad little potboiler.
Jenny Agutter was wasted though....she didn't strip off.....:eyebrows:

vincenzo 3rd November 2009 11:36 PM

I preferred the book of The Survivor though I did enjoy the film. Robert Powell was excellent as always.

Whatever was Tim Rice doing playing a newsreader though? :shocked:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd November 2009 11:39 PM

It's the land of Oz mate.
Funnily enough,Robert Powell's hair-do has never changed since then....:suspicious:

gag 4th November 2009 02:34 PM

Just finished watching new remake children of the corn
Not a bad remake if i dare say
Onlyprob i had was the kid who played isaac he was terrible and just didnt fit the part and a times sounded like a dalek with a cold :laugh:

mbv 4th November 2009 02:43 PM

Another DVD gone from the 'to watch' pile!

Beyond the door 2.

Really creepy movie. Couple of parts made me jump(rare for me!). Loved the music in it, really added to the creepiness.
Only problem was the picture quality on the dvd.

Pete 4th November 2009 02:52 PM

Is that the uk dvd of Mario Bava's Shock?

Kyle 4th November 2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 46553)
I bought that a while back started to watch it got to around ep7 as well, Then put it down watched a few films since, that i to catch upon and 4 got all about it till noticing you said your watching it ,its not to bad what i saw. prob is i have a habit of starting to watch episodes of what ever then putting them down and then forgetting to go back to them because i get to involved watching other films...stuff i started to watch then put own ..eg kingdom hospital, 90s tv series civvies by lynda plant, city of men brazilian tv series based of the film and city of god. well other way round the films are based of the tv series....

haha yeah i do that all the time :doh:

ive just finished episode 10 of kingdom hospital

mbv 4th November 2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loops (Post 46787)
Is that the uk dvd of Mario Bava's Shock?

Yeah the UK Hollywood release.

I'm very new to the Bava thing so didn't realise this was 'Shock'.:o