Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179675Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th July 2008, 02:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The Fox Horror Classics set is also worth check out for the two Laird Cregor films The Lodger & Hangover Square & the beautifully atmospheric Undying Monster (aka The Hammond Mystery).Fans are also advised to pick up The Masters Of Horror set which contains Dr X,The Reurn Of Dr X,Devil Doll,Mask Of Fu Manchu & Mark Of The Vampire.I'm also a fan of the subtle Val Lewton produced RKO horror films which I have on a nice r1 set.The Bodysnatchers & Cat People are particular classics.
Old 28th July 2008, 02:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Was wondering if anyone could help me out and let me know if the UK DVD release of Bava's 'Bay of Blood' is uncut and if not how long is it cut by? (Angel and Vince i'm guessing you guys will probably know). I picked it up recently because it was really cheap but haven't got round to watching it yet. If it's cut badly I'll probably just order AB's 'Twitch of the Death Nerve' R1 Version.

Cheers in advance
I think the UK release is missing the best part of a minute.Image released the r1 version uncut & that's the version I have though the sound is not great.The BBFC cuts on the dvd are the same as the Redemption video judging by the RT.:-
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...A?OpenDocument

Last edited by mark meakin; 28th July 2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 28th July 2008, 02:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Yeah Ghost Galleon was pretty dire but I still thought Night of the Seagulls to be the worst. Return of the Evil Dead was as good as the first.
I definitely agree NOTS was the worse as Ghost Galleon did have a few atmospheric scenes aboard the galleon.The modelwork during the ships destruction however is the worst I've EVER seen in a film.
Old 28th July 2008, 02:58 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
I think the UK release is missing the best part of a minute.Image released the r1 version uncut & that's the version I have though the sound is not great.The BBFC cuts on the dvd are the same as the Redemption video judging by the RT.:-
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...A?OpenDocument
Thats not too bad I suppose, shouldn't ruin the film too much. I probably will get the R1 version eventually I was just dreading watching the one I have now only for it to be cut to pieces. Cheers for the info mate.
Old 28th July 2008, 03:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Thats not too bad I suppose, shouldn't ruin the film too much. I probably will get the R1 version eventually I was just dreading watching the one I have now only for it to be cut to pieces. Cheers for the info mate.
Here are the cuts from Melonfarmers which are pretty ruinous SPOILERS FOLLOW !:-
The first murder of a teenage girl loses 2s in 2 cuts, the first of her throat being cut from behind and the other of a graphic hatchet blow to the head.
21s (nearly the entire scene) is cut from a boy dying with a machete embedded in his face.
3 cuts totally 9s diminish the death of couple impaled with a spear whilst making love. We love the blood welling from the wounds and their writhing whilst impaled.
11s has been cut from the death of Simon being forced up a wall by a spear impaled in his stomach.
Old 28th July 2008, 03:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The cuts do spoil the film though because everytime there is a murder the scene ends abruptly.
Old 28th July 2008, 03:07 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Ah, yeah they do sound pretty bad. Looks like I'll definatley be getting the R1 version then, I haven't seen it yet but I'm guessing that's most of the death scenes (If not all of them) that have been cut. Thanks again, might put this one further back in my to watch list knowing that.
Old 28th July 2008, 03:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I saw a copy of the BU coffin boxset on Amazon.uk for ?20 - get it quick, someone!!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 29th July 2008, 11:49 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philleh View Post
I saw a copy of the BU coffin boxset on Amazon.uk for ?20 - get it quick, someone!!
Yeah definetly! The 'Blind Dead' quadrillogy RULES!

Watched a NON-HORROR film (wow! I know! ) last night - "South Park: Bigger, Longer And Uncut"! 5/5 THE FUNNIEST ANIMATION EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MANKIND AND IT'S FUTURE! It's soo funny! If you haven't seen this I would absolutly recommend you see it (have a break from horror one night!) It's superb. And I share my name with one of the characters!!!!!

That "movie has warped my fragile little mind"
Old 29th July 2008, 02:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Agreed, 'South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut' is a brilliant movie. It's so funny, I really like Trey Parker and Matt Stones stuff. 'Orgazmo' is another great film by them and 'Cannibal: The Musical' is pretty good aswell.

Have you seen the South Park 3 parter 'Imagination Land', That's hilarious! They were going to make that into a new movie originally but decided against it, I think it's in Season 10, maybe 11, can't remember for definate.

Like this? Share it using the links below!