I think that's illegal.
Old 17th September 2014, 09:35 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondadoronron View Post
I think that's illegal.
Not if they consent to it! I swear guv'nor he gave me the okay signal! His eyes cried 'yes'...
Old 17th September 2014, 09:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I think that's illegal.
You'd know.
Old 17th September 2014, 09:41 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default The Wizard of Gore (1970)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
Not if they consent to it! I swear guv'nor he gave me the okay signal! His eyes cried 'yes'...
That was to well rehearsed,You've used that before.

Threesome.

The Wizard of Gore 1970
Ive recently watched the blu ray of Herschell Gordon Lewis funky gore opus,and I have to say its an incredible experience,I doubt the cinema audience at the time never saw it in this hi-def quality.Never mind the gore effects looking even more splattery than before but Montag's mustache takes center stage as star attraction of this movie.I believe its his facial upper lip warmer that his power flows from,not only hypnotizing his audience but also putting the viewer of the film itself into some kind of trance.in fact the film does have a dreamlike or trance quality that gives it an other world quality.
Ray Sager as Montag the Magnificent is the Lawrence Olivier of the gore movie,his performance has to be seen to be believed ,he delivers every line with such conviction either that or he was off his tits at the time.
Another highlight is one of the victims outfits,the lady who has the gigantic hole punch put thru her stomach has the most amazing gaudy orange attire I have ever seen this side of a Slade concert,in fact im sure Noddy and the boys would of killed for such an eye catching outfit,still at least it matched her stomach intestines which flowed out of her.
Stilted dialogue and even more stilted camerawork with some great wooden acting are all part and parcel of the Herschell Gordon Lewis experience,I don't care because the dames are all hot and the guys suits are shinier than a lighthouse.And Herschell Gordon Lewis never flinches from showing the gory goods,he knows he can't deliver suspense or fear so opts for gross out and god bless him for that.
Another of my fave Lewis movies (by god I luvs them all I tell ya's) ,besides if it was a choice of an evening with Montag or that twonk David Blaine Im with Montag the Magnificent .

Montag the Magnificent: What is real? Are you certain you know what reality is? How do you know that at this second you aren't asleep in your beds dreaming that you are here in this theater? Ah, yes... it all seems too real. Well, haven't you ever had a dream that seems so very real... until you woke up? Then again, how do you know that you ever did wake up? In fact, perhaps when you thought you were waking up... you had actually just begun to dream! You see what I mean, don't you? All you lives... your pasts... your rules of what can or cannot be may all be part of one long dream from which you are about to awaken and discover the world as it really is!
Old 17th September 2014, 09:46 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
That was to well rehearsed,You've used that before.
I've been rumbled!

Quote:
Threesome.
I see that the Dark Side is too tempting to resist... or was it the mention of no showers which finally swung it?
Old 17th September 2014, 09:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

BLUE RUIN - Dwight Evans (Macon Blaire) is a downtrodden dude ill suited to the path he's chosen - the one leading to revenge against the man who killed his parents. He murders the culprit fresh out of jail, then enters a dark realm where little is as straightforward as he imagined. This is excellent, an understated number where the mechanics of the righteous retribution sub-genre get a sour going-over, one where no-one remains unscathed (and, to quote that lobotomised scientist guy in the radioactive alien car from 'Repo Man' for no particular reason - "everybody dies"). 'Mechanics' is possibly the key word for me here - event follows event as domino topples domino, all twists and turns working their way through with such strict linearity that you'll be wearing Dwight's half bemused, half terrified expression when you clock exactly how held by it all you are. In fact, although there's no 'meta' at work here, all the characters seem always to have their ears half cocked to the filmic ground, as if deep within the rumblings of their subconscious they can detect the whirring of a transcendent, noirish (plot) device of inevitability which will bring them all together, in perfectly inescapable fashion, to no good end. Anyway, it's wicked, you should see it, so get it. Peace.
Old 17th September 2014, 09:58 PM
Cultist

I've been wandering about in daze today. Either it's to do with going to bed at 3am then up at 7 or that I watched The Man With The Severed Head last night and don't know what I watched or maybe combination of both.
Old 17th September 2014, 10:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shel View Post
I've been wandering about in daze today. Either it's to do with going to bed at 3am then up at 7 or that I watched The Man With The Severed Head last night and don't know what I watched or maybe combination of both.
I kow the feeling, i started work at 3pm yesterday, my shift ended today at 4pm, no staff turned up to take me off... so now I'm shattered but still trying to find a copy of 'The Alien Factor' on VHS... i think I'd better stop eating peanut butter Ben and Jerry's ice cream and go to bed.

*Is the man with the severed head any good? i have always wanted to see that film.
Old 17th September 2014, 11:32 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
I kow the feeling, i started work at 3pm yesterday, my shift ended today at 4pm, no staff turned up to take me off... so now I'm shattered but still trying to find a copy of 'The Alien Factor' on VHS... i think I'd better stop eating peanut butter Ben and Jerry's ice cream and go to bed.

*Is the man with the severed head any good? i have always wanted to see that film.
I don't know if I would go as far as call it "good", certainly interesting and worth 3.99 of anyone's money. Put it this way afterb watching it back to back with the Paul Naschy featurete on the disc I've been browsing through his back catalogue all day. So it's hit some spot and he was barely in it!

Cant find a cheap copy of Rojo Sangre anywhere. There's a cheap German disc but doesn't appear to have English subtitles, which is no good if you cant speak German or Spanish.
Old 18th September 2014, 11:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

THE FACTORY - I seem to be on a bit of a roll recently with these latter day cheapo horror flicks (admittedly much news of them comes my way via Dem's reviews). Films like this and the recent 'StitchFace' are packing a pretty wacky punch, leaving me in hope that microbudget horror might undergo some kind of renaissance and blossom into something a bit more creative than vid-cam slasher retreads. Because, as well as sharing a predilection for computer assisted weather fx, both'Stitchface' and 'The Factory' are clearly aiming for the bizarre. 'The Factory' does seem a straighter and better put together package than the former film, but it manages to have a lot of fun taking its rather whimsical core concept (a serial killer museum, where hey! the serial killers come back to life) nowhere very much. Its haphazard approach seems knowing - the lines, which are often very funny ("my mother never let me have sweets when I was a child," says J Dahmer before he bites a chunk out of someone's leg) are too cute and too clever to be anything but intended as tongue in cheek, but the filmmakers don't labour the point, making 'The Factory' seem refreshingly arch rather than crudily comic, and the performances, which are actually really good for this kind of affair, bear this out too. There is a confusing subtext about racism and imperialism which I didn't really get - would've been nice if the filmmakers had done something a bit more with it (and what exactly were they getting at with that ending?). There's a reasonable amount of gore and leering sleaze, a pretty good pace and only the frequent CGI and occasional bad edit betray its sub-low budget origins - once again, I was taken with the smartness of some of the acting and the dialogue. I'd definitely recommend 'The Factory' to fanciers of this end of the horror spectrum.

Like this? Share it using the links below!