Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th January 2015, 02:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Me, my gf, her two daughters and my two sons went to watch the new Night at the Musuem film this morning.
I loved the first two movies, so I went in expecting the third and final part to be a let down, but I couldn't have been more wrong! It had all 6 of us laughing right from the start and that laughter carried on for the duration of the film.
Was sad to see Robin Williams in his final acting role, but otherwise a thoroughly enjoyable film and highly recommended if you enjoyed the first two.

£50 in the cinema, followed by £55 in Harvester for lunch meant for an expensive family day out, but I don't mind one bit
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 25th January 2015, 05:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nightbeast

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422209615.183170.jpg

Alien crash lands in backwoods America and goes about about disintegrating and dismembering the local townsfolk. It's up to the small town sheriff to try and stop it. Despite its many, many flaws some absolutely terrible acting and poor script), I really enjoyed it. A hell of a lot of fn with some great gore and for its budget the look of the creature and special effects aren't too bad. 8/10

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422209976.676769.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422209985.811452.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422209994.715509.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422210000.884887.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422210010.110553.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422210016.434110.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422210025.154736.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1422210032.786310.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422210040.136350.jpg
Old 25th January 2015, 05:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'd say that was a perfect review of nightbeast. I have the purple dvd hard box version .
keirarts likes this.
Old 25th January 2015, 06:13 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Rite (2011)

Depressingly bland Exorcist rip off which i wanted to enjoy. Despite the film boasting a heavyweight acting presence in Anthony Hopkins, Rutger Hauer and Ciaran Hinds and some grand Rome locations, it's all very ho-hum and lightweight in all quarters especially it's horror aspects.

Even the shock twist during the final twenty minutes fails to lift the film out of its formulaic meandering. The films real disappointment to me was that it failed to tread any new ground whatsoever. Thirty eight years after The Exorcist and they couldn't come up with something slightly left field.

Average at best.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the-rite-movie-poster-2011-1020673582.jpg (44.9 KB, 1 views)
Old 25th January 2015, 09:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Lucy (2014)
Great movie!
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 25th January 2015, 09:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Last cinema visit of the weekend (and my fourth night at the cinema) for the extraordinary The Birdman. I'm flying to Bristol tomorrow night for work, so won't be able to make it 5 cinema nights in a row. But after I have caught up with Whiplash and A year of violence at the Watershed I may try to fit in a second viewing of Birdman. Highly recommended.
Old 26th January 2015, 02:26 AM
Active Cultist

American Sniper, 2015. 9/10

Bradley Cooper was just amazing.

Birdman, 2015. 8/10

Keaton is such a great actor.. <3 Fantastic film. Norton was awesome aswell.
Old 26th January 2015, 08:58 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Rite (2011)

Even the shock twist during the final twenty minutes fails to lift the film out of its formulaic meandering. The films real disappointment to me was that it failed to tread any new ground whatsoever. Thirty eight years after The Exorcist and they couldn't come up with something slightly left field.
I've not seen The Rite but out of sheer curiosity, without discussing any spoilers, have you seen The Last Exorcist and what did you think of the ending to that?

Personally I really liked it, caught me out completely - but then I habitually don't try and think ahead in movies and think of possible outcomes (certainly not films I am enjoying).
keirarts likes this.
Old 26th January 2015, 09:05 AM
Active Cultist

Got home last night, my wife found this on ITV2 and we just couldn't turn it off (except when I realised how the print was and put on the DVD instead!).

It is an old favourite of mine and still holds up as one of my favourite (as in "most watchable") films. The humour and creepy scenes are perfectly balanced, it has tributes to the classic Universal Horrors and classic adventure serials without ever feeling forced.

Given the utter crapfest that was the sequel though (gratuitous annoying kid, silly effects, general over-the-top bombasticness), I wonder how much Stephen Sommers was kept on the leash for this one.
Old 26th January 2015, 09:39 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Rite (2011)

Depressingly bland Exorcist rip off which i wanted to enjoy. Despite the film boasting a heavyweight acting presence in Anthony Hopkins, Rutger Hauer and Ciaran Hinds and some grand Rome locations, it's all very ho-hum and lightweight in all quarters especially it's horror aspects.

Average at best.
This is one of the few rare films I have given 1 out of 10. I saw it in the cinemas, and it was an absolute bore and an absolute mess. None of it is good, so much is over done (the accident in the rain sticking in my memory). I truly hated it.
keirarts likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga

Like this? Share it using the links below!