Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st February 2015, 08:56 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Bird With The Crystal Plumage (Blue Underground).

As we know probably one of Dario's best films, but watching this from Blue Underground is like watching it for the first time, compared to the Arrow release this is 100% better. Correct AR, colour well saturated and grain intact. In a word fantastic.

http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergl...=199#vergleich

Last edited by tele1962; 1st February 2015 at 11:39 AM.
Old 1st February 2015, 09:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

NIGHT OF THE EAGLE (1962)

A collage teacher descovers that his wife has been practising witchcraft aftrer finding various objects hidden around the house. She says that they are for his protection but he burns the items in the log fire. When the teacher returns to collage, bad events start to happen and weird noises are heard on tapes of his lectures....
Great chiller this one, focusing more on suggestion than actually seeing anything. The scenes of Janet Blair searching in despair for a hidden witchcraft totem is so powerful you can almost taste the atmosphere in the air.Then something has been summoned to the house by the weird noises on the tape and is outside banging around the door ! Eerie, creepy and recommended !
Old 1st February 2015, 10:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Gingerdead Man vs Evil Bong;

I'm assuming this latest effort from Charles Band is a follow up to GINGERDEAD MAN 3, and if it is, it's a big disappointment. For me it was a case of "too little of the Gingerdead Man and too much of the Bong". The first three movies of this series, I absolutely love. This effort, while no where near as good as the previous instalments, IS worth a watch; but it won't be finding its way anytime soon in my DVD player for further appraisal or review.
Old 1st February 2015, 10:22 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Is that a This is Spinal Tap reference?
Yep, though it might of been funnier if you could see the cucumber down my trousers. Is the sexism and classicism in the film done in irony or just blatant like the films it references?
keirarts and Rondadoronron like this.
Old 1st February 2015, 10:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post

NIGHT OF THE EAGLE (1962)

A collage teacher descovers that his wife has been practising witchcraft aftrer finding various objects hidden around the house. She says that they are for his protection but he burns the items in the log fire. When the teacher returns to collage, bad events start to happen and weird noises are heard on tapes of his lectures....
Great chiller this one, focusing more on suggestion than actually seeing anything. The scenes of Janet Blair searching in despair for a hidden witchcraft totem is so powerful you can almost taste the atmosphere in the air.Then something has been summoned to the house by the weird noises on the tape and is outside banging around the door ! Eerie, creepy and recommended !
I have always Night of The Eagle is far superior to Night of the Demon.
Susan Foreman and keirarts like this.
Old 1st February 2015, 10:51 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Is the sexism and classicism in the film done in irony or just blatant like the films it references?
Although the film poster is a clear reference to For Your Eyes Only, the male gaze and legs are very different, the classism and sexism is pretty blatant and of the sort found in FHM and Guy Ritchie films from 15 years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kingsman poster.jpg (43.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg for_your_eyes_only.jpg (98.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 1st February 2015, 11:26 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Although the film poster is a clear reference to For Your Eyes Only, the male gaze and legs are very different, the classism and sexism is pretty blatant and of the sort found in FHM and Guy Ritchie films from 15 years ago.
The Kingsman ass looks better for one

Look I'll be honest, your review has confirmed the film to be exactly what I suspected it to be. I saw the trailer when I saw Birdman, and couldn't have been less interested. It's an overdone concept (poor white Brit kid with family connections becomes a spy), it looks trashy as hell and very dislikable. Add onto that, cringeworthy.

I also didn't like Kickass one tiny bit, which probably furthered my opinion as well.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 1st February 2015, 11:35 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
The Kingsman ass looks better for one

Look I'll be honest, your review has confirmed the film to be exactly what I suspected it to be. I saw the trailer when I saw Birdman, and couldn't have been less interested. It's an overdone concept (poor white Brit kid with family connections becomes a spy), it looks trashy as hell and very dislikable. Add onto that, cringeworthy.

I also didn't like Kickass one tiny bit, which probably furthered my opinion as well.
Well, as I said, I thought (and still think) Kick-Ass is brilliant, which is why I was even more disappointed by Kingsman.
Old 1st February 2015, 12:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Kick Ass is brilliant, still need to see the sequel
keirarts, J Harker and Dave Boy like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st February 2015, 12:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

CHAMBER OF HORRORS (1966)

Sleuths working in the local wax museum help the police to track down a murderer. Handcuffed and sentenced to be hanged, he escapes by cutting his hand off. He returns for revenge with a device now fitted to his wrist that enables him to fit various sharp instruments....
Originally, this was to be the beginnings of a television show but was dropped at the time for it's content. The horror horn and Fear Flasher were added to echo the William Castle films. Despite the poster, this is a bloodless film but still manages to hold the attention due to the period setting and once again, various exhibitions in the Chamber Of Horrors.

Like this? Share it using the links below!