LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2016, 11:11 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
You've lost me there!

Don't worry, it's all bull shit, Nos. Amicus got the rights to use the Dalek scripts of the two films from Terry Nation and the image of the TARDIS but that's about it. They've nothing to do with the tv series.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 7th May 2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old 7th May 2016, 01:06 PM
Cult Master

Default Re: Peter Cushing as Doctor Who

An interesting article from the Peter Cushing site:

PETER CUSHING | THE HISTORY OF THE DR. WHO FILMS

However, there is a mistake in this feature. It states:

"Dr Who and the Daleks gave the public its first chance to see the Daleks in colour. It wouldn't be until 1971 that the BBC would actually transmit its first colour Dalek serial"

The first colour BBC Dalek story was 'The Day Of The Daleks', which was transmitted between 01st January 1972 - 22nd January 1972, so techincally it was not 1971!
keirarts likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 7th May 2016, 02:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Do you like Trick r Treat, ian?
I really enjoyed Krampus myself, much more than Trick r Treat.
Old 7th May 2016, 05:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I Know Who Killed Me (2007)

When top student Aubrey Fleming goes missing it appears she's the latest victim of a serial killer with an amputee fetish. Then she turns up alive, albeit horribly maimed, missing fingers, her hand and the bottom half of one leg. Worst of all to her parents and the police she insists she's not Aubrey but an erotic dancer called Dakota Moss.

Going into this almost ten years since it was released i was intrigued by the premise and the bad press both it and star Lindsay Lohan have received in the years since.

I have to admit i rather enjoyed it. It's a twisty, perverse, gory, and fascinating psycho thriller reminiscent of the work of Dario Argento in it's vibrantly colourful style, De Palma in it's unending twistiness and even Hitchcock in it's blacker than black humour. Director Chris Sivertson also coaxes a terrific performance out the much maligned Lohan who clearly depicts the differences in both girls even though she certainly seems more suited to the role of stripper.

Remove the early scenes of high school messing about and the rest of the film is a stylish, grim and at times grisly horror thriller which is well worth watching.

Old 7th May 2016, 05:05 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:

Director Chris Sivertson also coaxes a terrific performance out the much maligned Lohan who clearly depicts the differences in both girls even though she certainly seems more suited to the role of stripper.

Colour me intrigued...
Old 7th May 2016, 05:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

13 tzameti

To be honest i never heard of the film it was a blind buy.
And it was a bloody good blind buy.
It has everything a film should have, very well made and directed,
About a 22yr old who steals a dead guys ticket to earn some money, only problems is he doesnt know what he letting himself into, all he knows is the train time and hotel so follows all the instructions, what he doesnt know is he letting himself into a game of russian roulette, where people are betting for money, this is one of many why the new wave of french films are getting all the rave, this is also how films should be made, nice build up, atmosphere, tension and doesnt rely on crash bang wallop action, big bucks or big actors, cgi or half the other crap malarky that hollywood films think they cant do without, recommended in my opinion, would rather watch films like this all day long than half of the shite hollywood seem to churn out these days.
I thought. ending might have gone in a different direction eg where one of them went nuts and either killed his opponent or himself. Or they secretly ganged up and started a all out gun war to try and escape or kill a few of them for putting them in that situation..
Old 7th May 2016, 09:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Night of the Lepus. Attack of the giant killer bunny rabbits! This early 70s flick has to be seen to be believed, not least because it's done entirely straight without even a hint of irony or tongue in cheek...
Old 7th May 2016, 10:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

The Transporter Refueled (2015)

Decent actioner even though it doesn't really come close to the first three films in the series. Unfortunately newcomer Ed Skrein is no Jason Statham in the role of Frank Martin, lacking much of the latter actors charisma and all round cool. Fortunately the charisma is brought to proceedings in spades by Ray Stevenson as Frank's father.

The plot line is nothing special but there are plenty of sequences to wow you including a high speed chase around the streets of Monaco and a totally original airport set piece that should have even the most hardened action movie fans laughing and whooping in delight.

Producer / writer Luc Besson comes up with these Euro set films in his sleep, and for the most part they are genuinely enjoyable. The Transporter Refueled is no exception.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg -The_Transporter_Refueled-_poster.jpg (36.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 7th May 2016, 11:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

When top student Aubrey Fleming goes missing it appears she's the latest victim of a serial killer with an amputee fetish. Then she turns up alive, albeit horribly maimed, missing fingers, her hand and the bottom half of one leg. Worst of all to her parents and the police she insists she's not Aubrey but an erotic dancer called Dakota Moss.

Going into this almost ten years since it was released i was intrigued by the premise and the bad press both it and star Lindsay Lohan have received in the years since.

I have to admit i rather enjoyed it. It's a twisty, perverse, gory, and fascinating psycho thriller reminiscent of the work of Dario Argento in it's vibrantly colourful style, De Palma in it's unending twistiness and even Hitchcock in it's blacker than black humour. Director Chris Sivertson also coaxes a terrific performance out the much maligned Lohan who clearly depicts the differences in both girls even though she certainly seems more suited to the role of stripper.

Remove the early scenes of high school messing about and the rest of the film is a stylish, grim and at times grisly horror thriller which is well worth watching.

I really liked this one too, Dem - surprisingly stylised, whereas I was expecting a meat and potatoes erotic thriller (eurgh, that has to be the ugliest turn of phrase I've ever hawked up on the labs). Anyway, I'm going to have to dig it out over the next week or so now just to reacquaint myself.
Old 7th May 2016, 11:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
I really liked this one too, Dem - surprisingly stylised, whereas I was expecting a meat and potatoes erotic thriller (eurgh, that has to be the ugliest turn of phrase I've ever hawked up on the labs). Anyway, I'm going to have to dig it out over the next week or so now just to reacquaint myself.
Glad it wasn't just me then. To be honest i think it's one that gushes with rewatch value, especially if left for a couple of years. The stylishness of it means i doubt it will be boring even fourth or fifth time round and the plot twists and turns like a twisty turny thing meaning interest should always be maintained.

I've yet to see a Lohan film i don't like, from this to Mean Girls and er' Herbie.
keirarts and Frankie Teardrop like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!