Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
That link doesn't work for me mate.
Old 5th August 2016, 08:56 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Currently watching The Witch, about two thirds and I'm considering switching it off. Very very disappointing.
Yeah gave up. I'm hoping it was just a bad night for it so I'll try again.
Old 5th August 2016, 09:59 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quite amazingly, the Daily Mail liked Suicide Squad.

4/5.

It's been a bit different with the reviewing since Chris Tookey departed.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th August 2016, 06:23 PM
Cult Veteran

I've just watched Suicide Squad, quite honestly one of the worst films I've seen in ages. It's been a long time since I've been in the cinema and wondered about how long was left in the film. On the plus side, Jared Leto's Joker is probably the best onscreen Joker there has been. Heath was good but he was more pissed off than insane.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 5th August 2016, 06:40 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I've just watched Suicide Squad, quite honestly one of the worst films I've seen in ages. It's been a long time since I've been in the cinema and wondered about how long was left in the film. On the plus side, Jared Leto's Joker is probably the best onscreen Joker there has been. Heath was good but he was more pissed off than insane.
It sounds like one to avoid or, at least, not make a concerted effort to go and see. Over the past week, I have been to the cinema to see:

Jason Bourne: Considering how The Bourne Ultimatum concluded, this was entirely unnecessary. It was also overlong, some of the action sequences were so frenetic they were impossible to follow, and it didn't seem to have the focus and drive of the first three films. However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it.

Finding Dory: I love Finding Nemo, so went to see this with a small amount of trepidation. I needn't have worried as it was an utter delight; the voice acting was spot-on for every character, the storylines were beautifully developed and told, and all the story and character arcs were deeply involving and made me emotional several times. If and when you see it, stay until the very end of the credits for a brilliant extra scene which is a great callback to the previous film. Piper, the short which preceded the film, was as good as Pixar have made in a long time.

Star Trek Beyond: I didn't think it was as good as the previous two films in the rebooted franchise, but it is very well directed by Justin Lin, the ensemble cast are all extremely good – the dedications to Leonard Nimoy and Anton at the end were welcome and emotive – and it is generally a thoroughly enjoyable and engrossing piece of sci-fi action.

I hope to see The BFG this weekend, a film I have not read or heard anything about, but still expect to love.
Old 5th August 2016, 07:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Friday night is Horror night, so going to try to watch these tonight. watching crimson altar now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Curse_of_the_crimson_altar_poster.jpg (34.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 250px-Serpentandtherainbow.jpg (17.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg dagon.jpg (61.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by trebor8273; 5th August 2016 at 07:20 PM.
Old 5th August 2016, 07:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
i'm glad i had a problem booking tickets for suicide squad, think i will see finding dory or the BFG instead
Old 5th August 2016, 07:12 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Friday night is Horror night, so going to try to watch these tonight. watching crimson cult now.
I don't know Crimson Cult. Who's in that? Is it old?
Old 5th August 2016, 07:18 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I don't know Crimson Cult. Who's in that? Is it old?
dont know why i'm calling it by the american title- curse of the crimson cult, you might know it better by the UK title curse of the crimson altar. it's got christopher Lee,Boris Karloff, Barbara Steele and Michael Gough so think thats all you need to know!
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th August 2016, 07:23 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
dont know why i'm calling it by the american title- curse of the crimson cult, you might know it better by the UK title curse of the crimson altar. it's got christopher Lee,Boris Karloff, Barbara Steele and Michael Gough so think thats all you need to know!
Yes, sorry i realized after posting that you were watching Curse of the Crimson Altar.

It's a bit weird but definitely a fave of mine. If you haven't seen it before i hope you like it. Please tell us what you think.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!