All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2016, 07:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Oh yes. All the charactors are humourous. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Good soundtrack too !
Cheers, that was one of my biggest problems with batman vs Superman, well that it was disjointed and the characters motivation made no sense.
Old 6th August 2016, 07:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tbh a lot i started watching but either couldnt get into or for some reason disliked.
I enjoyed the Spiderman films, but there doing another remake from the beggining,
Why? How many times can you redo a film from scratch.
Maybe part of it is overkill just constanly being swamped and bombarded with them, as old saying goes less is more,
Some just dont have any apeal to me so certain ones i cant comment on, i reasonable enoyed Deadpool but i kinda dislike humour that in retrospect make no sense or maybe im missing the point, eg when a full blown action sequence cars flipping over and he says (something along the lines might slightly worded it wrong) stop film pauses and he says did i leave the cooker on, then resumes, dont get stupid and silly humour like that, or maybe thats just me, i want good old fashioned story telling, character building, atmosphere not just big explosion or tonnes of things going on in the background or ott scenes, or how much action can you cram into a film.

Thats just my personal opinion and preference.
Old 6th August 2016, 07:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Tbh a lot i started watching but either couldnt get into or for some reason disliked.
I enjoyed the Spiderman films, but there doing another remake from the beggining,
Maybe part of it is overkill just constanly being swamped and bombarded with them, as old saying goes less is more,
Some just dont have any apeal to me so certain ones i cant comment on, i reasonable enoyed Deadpool but i kinda dislike humour that in retrospect make no sense or maybe im missing the point, eg when a full blown action sequence cars flipping over and he says (something along the lines might slightly worded it wrong) stop film pauses and he says did i leave the cooker on, then resumes, dont get stupid and silly humour like that, or maybe thats just me, i want good old fashioned story telling, character building, atmosphere not just big explosion or tonnes of things going on in the background or ott scenes, or how much action can you cram into a film.

Im not saying im right or wrong just my personal opinion and preference.
With deadpool that's how the character is in the comics, it like he knows he's a superhero in a comic and as for spiderman its not a remake it a new movie with no origin story this time he was introduced in civil war and that's really his origin story and loks like this time they have finally got the character right and unlike maguire who looks like he should be teaching high school and not a student, the new actor looks the right age
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th August 2016, 07:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Thats just my personal Opinion and preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
With deadpool that's how the character is in the comics, it like he knows he's a superhero in a comic and as for spiderman its not a remake it a new movie with no origin story this time he was introduced in civil war and that's really his origin story and loks like this time they have finally got the character right and unlike maguire who looks like he should be teaching high school and not a student, the new actor looks the right age
If different studio executives and directors didn't make different film adaptations of the same characters, we wouldn't have the Tim Burton/Michael Keaton or Christopher Nolan/Christian Bale Batman films, there wouldn't be the (in my opinion) best Spider-Man from Captain America: Civil War – as trebor says, he is the right age for the character from the comic books, there wouldn't be Heath Ledger's Joker, or Mark Ruffalo's Bruce Banner/Hulk who is, for my money, better than any of his predecessors, whether that is Lou Ferrigno, Eric Bana, or Ed Norton.
Old 6th August 2016, 08:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Guess part of must be me then, tbh ive never been one for marvel or dc comics so guess thats why i don't get or understand somethings then.
Old 6th August 2016, 08:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

But lets be fair on one thing, most people or a good % have been complaining for years the standard of film making has gone down hill,
Well mainstream, Blockbuster, and Hollywood films anyway, yes there is lots of good films, world cinema, french, j horror, korean etc films have been excellent over the years
Old 6th August 2016, 08:23 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Guess part of must be me then, tbh ive never been one for marvel or dc comics so guess thats why i don't get or understand somethings then.
Earlier on, you praised (or said you liked), Richard Donner's Superman with Christopher Reeve. That is based on characters from DC comic books and was an updating of a character made famous by George Reeves in the 1950s. If people in the 1970s were reluctant to embrace a new take on a beloved character, it wouldn't have been the box office and critical success it was.

I don't think it is essential to know the source material to appreciate the films, but I was pleased I had read The Killing Joke prior to seeing The Dark Knight. Although I'm probably happier sticking with the Frank Miller-written graphic novel 'The Dark Knight Returns' than watching Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, I'm prepared to give Zack Snyder's film a chance.
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th August 2016, 08:33 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
But lets be fair on one thing, most people or a good % have been complaining for years the standard of film making has gone down hill,
Well mainstream, Blockbuster, and Hollywood films anyway, yes there is lots of good films, world cinema, french, j horror, korean etc films have been excellent over the years
That's a fair point, with most critics' 'top 10' lists comprised of independent films or those not in the English language. Most of the best films I have seen recently have been made in continental Europe, Asia, or have been (relatively) low budget British or American films (High-Rise is one of those).

However, filmmakers like Christopher Nolan, Martin Scorsese, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Steven Spielberg, Lennie Abrahamson, Tom McCarthy, Ed Guiney, David O Russell, and Ridley Scott have, just last year, made films which are both commercially successful and thoughtfully constructed.
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th August 2016, 08:36 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Cheers, that was one of my biggest problems with batman vs Superman, well that it was disjointed and the characters motivation made no sense.

Suicide Squad is very disjointed, plus at no point are you rooting for them to succeed in their mission. Literally at no point.
That being said Deadshot, Harley Quinn and The Joker are interesting and the soundtrack is great.
However, the story is limp, there is no chemistry and it has some of the worst CGI since X-Men Apocalypse.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 6th August 2016, 08:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Suicide Squad is very disjointed, plus at no point are you rooting for them to succeed in their mission. Literally at no point.
That being said Deadshot, Harley Quinn and The Joker are interesting and the soundtrack is great.
However, the story is limp, there is no chemistry and it has some of the worst CGI since X-Men Apocalypse.
Well I'm off to see it Tuesday was going to see finding dory instead but who I'm going with have already seen it. If it turns out as bad as some are saying, despite the good trailer for wonder woman I really don't think I will bother and if that turns out to be a critical mess i can see DC movies being in trouble, just so much hype and promation can do before people will just aviod there movies
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!