LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2016, 08:49 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Well I'm off to see it Tuesday was going to see finding dory instead but who I'm going with have already seen it. If it turns out as bad as some are saying, despite the good trailer for wonder woman I really don't think I will bother and if that turns out to be a critical mess i can see DC movies being in trouble, just so much hype and promation can do before people will just aviod there movies
As I said in this thread, I loved Finding Dory (and Piper, the short which preceded it), so I hope you are equally impressed and enamoured.
Justin101, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 6th August 2016, 08:55 PM
Cult Veteran

I want to see Finding Dory but with me working in a seaside town and it being the school holidays I don't fancy seeing it with the audience it will attract. It's films for grown ups only for the next few weeks!
Susan Foreman likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 6th August 2016, 08:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I want to see Finding Dory but with me working in a seaside town and it being the school holidays I don't fancy seeing it with the audience it will attract. It's films for grown ups only for the next few weeks!
Good point about dory with any luck it will still be showing when the schools go back
Old 6th August 2016, 09:42 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Quote:
Good point about dory with any luck it will still be showing when the schools go back
Amongst the cinema audience when I saw it was a baby who couldn't have been more than several weeks old but, aside from crying occasionally, was (along with the the children) very well behaved. However, it was certainly too young for a cinema and should have been at home with his mother.
keirarts likes this.
Old 6th August 2016, 09:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Amongst the cinema audience when I saw it was a baby who couldn't have been more than several weeks old but, aside from crying occasionally, was (along with the the children) very well behaved. However, it was certainly too young for a cinema and should have been at home with his mother.
Was the baby their by itself !!
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 6th August 2016, 10:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Was the baby their by itself !!
No. It (I have no idea whether it was a boy or girl) was there with its mother and at least one sibling, but shouldn't have been there at all. Because it had no idea what was happening and was spoiling other people's enjoyment of the film, it reinforced my opinion that cinemas should have a minimum age limit to attend. U certificate films are, according to the BBFC, suitable for all audiences aged four years and over – the baby was about four years too young!
Susan Foreman and keirarts like this.
Old 6th August 2016, 10:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Well I'm off to see it Tuesday was going to see finding dory instead but who I'm going with have already seen it. If it turns out as bad as some are saying, despite the good trailer for wonder woman I really don't think I will bother and if that turns out to be a critical mess i can see DC movies being in trouble, just so much hype and promation can do before people will just aviod there movies
Only reviews ive seen and read about findimg dory are good one's, and meant to be reasonable as good as finding Nemo.
Old 6th August 2016, 10:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Only reviews ive seen and read about findimg dory are good one's, and meant to be reasonable as good as finding Nemo.
Sound right to me.
Old 6th August 2016, 10:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Serpent and the rainbow

Excellent great performances all round, especially from the actor playing the bad guy who just ooze's menace and evil. Really scary in places and plays on the phobia we all have of being buried alive. I really don't know how accurate it is compared to the book, which I will have to read at some point. For me Cravens best. 9,6/10

Curse of the crimson altar

A man goes to investergate the disappearance of his brother and ends up at a small village in which he was last seen, which is celebrating the burning of a witch hundred of years ago, could this have a connection to his brothers disappearance? Very bizzare and trippy in places with a great cast that includes Christopher Lee and Boris Karloff. 7.7/10

Dagon

A young man and his girlfriend boat hits some rocks so they make there way to a nearby village. Its not long before we suspect something isn't quite right with the village or its residents. A lot more gory and bloody than I remembered. 7.2/10

Now watching 50s B-Movie classic THEM!! Plan to watch Blackbeard's ghost tommorow which should be perfect Sunday afternoon viewing
Old 6th August 2016, 10:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Should of wrote my post better I meant suicide squad. Yep the reviews for dory have been very positive

Like this? Share it using the links below!