Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th July 2017, 12:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
REC. A young female journalist and her cameraman are doing a story on a typical night for a local fire service when they are trapped - quarantined - in an apartment building where a terrifying virus is running rampant and turning the residents into flesh-eating zombies in this late 2000s "found footage" Spanish horror flick that is absolutely one of the best (if not the best) of its genre. Tense, adrenaline-fuelled and often watch-through-your-fingers scary.
I think that Rec 2 is also another terrific film.
keirarts, trebor8273 and Deadite like this.
Old 11th July 2017, 03:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
I think that Rec 2 is also another terrific film.
I think all 4 were good
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 11th July 2017, 03:25 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
I think all 4 were good
Same here. Even though the first two are clearly the best, there hasn't been a single [REC] film which I haven't liked.
keirarts, trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 11th July 2017, 05:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

7.5/10

7.8/10
Old 11th July 2017, 05:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Fist Fight.(2017)

Fist Fight.(2017)

In the tradition of the great Animal House, there has been a slew of gross out comedies set around American high schools, some good some bad and some down right rubbish, Fist Fight come's in somewhere around average to good. And while the main story of two teachers squaring up for a fight after school is pretty good and original the rest is all the usual high jinks that we have seen before including a horse running amuck in the school corridors. The cast its pretty top notch, Charlie Day of Horrible Bosses and
Its Always sunny in Philadelphia fame, is of course the wimpy yet likeable English teacher who tries to win over the kids with kindness but fails miserably. And the legend that is Ice Cube is the psychotic history teacher who wields an axe to control his classroom. Ice Cube who lets be honest has a limited acting range plays angry pretty well, and does not have to say much but stare at you to get your attention. Charlie Day who is great at playing losers or people generally at odds with life, is as always likeable and in general very funny and has some of the best lines in the film. Although Ice Cube gets to utter the immortal line **** the police. Fleshing out the faculty is Tracy Morgan as an utter useless gym teacher and Jillian Bell as foul mothed drug taking and potential sexual predator. Perhaps I may be getting grumpier in my old age, or perhaps I'm not the demographic that this film is aimed at, and while there is a few chuckles along the way, I did find that the over use of the f word seemed redundant since it was in nearly every other sentence and also the shock value of these type of comedies has worn thin, even when Charlie Day catches a student masturbating in a toilet cubicle or Jillian Bell talking about having sex with a student its all wearing a bit thin, give me the innocent days of John Belushi spitting food at people or horse dropping dead any day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A1EBZ-wlmqL._SL1500_.jpg (93.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg A1Hy6vs4ZQL._SL1500_.jpg (97.3 KB, 19 views)

Old 11th July 2017, 06:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Scooby-Doo and the Loch Ness Monster (2004)

While the gang travel to Scotland to visit Daphne's cousin and witness the Highland Games, they find themselves terrorized by the legendary Loch Ness Monster.

This is actually a pretty decent slice of spooky animation. As well as the typically daft antics of Shaggy and Scooby there are also some decent Gothic thrills thrown in such as a creepy old castle to explore and a journey through some delightfully eerie woods.

The Loch Ness Monster is well done, if a little demonic, even if the final reveal is daft in the extreme. What does seem odd is that historically the monster is barely seen except for the odd glimpse of a floating log, but in this feature length movie Shaggy and Scooby come across it every five minutes. Also the Loch tracking equipment on show is true to life which is a nice touch.

Whilst not as memorable as the classic series this is still a diverting watch.
Old 11th July 2017, 08:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Tried watching the Amityville horror and forgotten what a bore fest it is, but what I did watch looked fantastic picture quality wise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th.jpg (7.7 KB, 5 views)
keirarts likes this.
Old 11th July 2017, 09:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Girlfriend said she into horrors and weird films , wasn't sure if she was just saying that, she said she fancied a film Naked lunch cos she heard of it , she was happy I got it.
Stuck it on and she really enjoyed and could tell she did cos if her phone rang she put it on silent and every time she went for a drink or loo I had to pause it,
So got a girlfriend who likes horrors and weird films , Bonus all round
Old 11th July 2017, 09:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Girlfriend said she into horrors and weird films , wasn't sure if she was just saying that, she said she fancied a film Naked lunch cos she heard of it , she was happy I got it.
Stuck it on and she really enjoyed and could tell she did cos if her phone rang she put it on silent and every time she went for a drink or loo I had to pause it,
So got a girlfriend who likes horrors and weird films , Bonus all round
I didn't realise you had a girlfriend gag! Why didn't you say something??
Good for you mate!
Old 11th July 2017, 10:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Tried watching the Amityville horror and forgotten what a bore fest it is, but what I did watch looked fantastic picture quality wise.
I tried to watch one of the recent Amityvile films think it was Amityvile Haunting watched 20 mins of it that was boring they seem to be getting boring as the franchise goes on.
keirarts likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!