Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 8th April 2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 72566)
I think Labyrinth is an exceptional film.

I once had a theory it was all about Sarah's first period...but I forget the details of that critique now! :lol:

Oooh that's interesting! :laugh:

pedromonkey 8th April 2010 03:24 PM

my favourite scenes in Labyrinth are where Sarah meets the little catapilla when she enters the labyrinth for the first time, He's stood in a hole in a wall wearing a scarf and i think a flat cap and he's asking her to come in a meet the missus, pure genius and my other fave scene is the magic dance song where Bowie or as he's named in the film Jareth the goblin king is singing and the Goblins are tossing toby around in the background....i've seen this film way to many times what can i say im a sucker for anything Henson related...

Gojirosan 8th April 2010 03:42 PM

I like the "false bedroom" scene. I think it's the key scene in the film where Sarah realises that she can't just go back to her safe childhood (the bedroom) and that she has to face growing up and all its scariness (her selfish, ugly desire to stay a child represented by the witch laden with baggage) and rescue Toby (symbol of the good things about being an adult woman).

Exceptional scene.

Edited, because I just remembered the scene better! :lol:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 8th April 2010 03:43 PM

"'ello"
"Did you just say 'Hello'?"
"Nah, I said 'ello, but that's close enough." :pound:

How can anyone NOT like Jim Henson?! The man was a genius!

Does anyone remember the TV show 'Muppets Tonight'? I used to watch it religiously as a kid - watched it on the tv, recorded it, and watched it non-stop all week! :pound:

"We've got a show to do, guaranteed brand new, so click on the Muppets, click on the Muppets, click on the Muppet's Tonight." Woooo!

Gigantor 8th April 2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 72580)
"'ello"
"Did you just say 'Hello'?"
"Nah, I said 'ello, but that's close enough." :pound:

How can anyone NOT like Jim Henson?! The man was a genius!

Does anyone remember the TV show 'Muppets Tonight'? I used to watch it religiously as a kid - watched it on the tv, recorded it, and watched it non-stop all week! :pound:

"We've got a show to do, guaranteed brand new, so click on the Muppets, click on the Muppets, click on the Muppet's Tonight." Woooo!

I liked that show but it didn't last very long did you see the Waldorf and Statler Webseries?

Gojirosan 8th April 2010 03:53 PM

The original The Muppet Show was essential viewing in our house. Suppose I was about 6 or so when it first appeared.

I still have The Muppet Show and The Muppet Show 2 albums on vinyl from back then.

pedromonkey 8th April 2010 04:18 PM

here is a rundown of my Henson/muppet related ownage....

Muppet Christmas Carol VHS
Muppet Christmas Carol DVD (cut)
The Great Muppet Capper DVD
Muppet's Take Manhatten DVD
Muppet Show season 1 DVD
Kermit: the Swamp Years VHS
It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie DVD
Muppet Treasure Island VHS
Labyrinth DVD
Dark Crystal, The: 2 disc anniverary edition DVD
Assorted Muppet Babies Episodes Recorded from Nickelodeon and Channel 5
Totally forgot about Star Wars - all original creatures including Yoda were made by Henson Studios.
i did own Elmo's Adventures in Grouchland too but even i'm too old for that, it did have the awesome Mandy Patinkin in it though.
Wakka Wakka Herdy Gerdy indeed...

eNoize 8th April 2010 04:23 PM

Growing up, every morning was dedicated to Danger Mouse, Robotech, and The Muppet Show. Those were great times. :biggrin:

As for Labyrinth, it is a terrific film and Bowie is excellent!

pedromonkey 8th April 2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eNoize (Post 72608)
Robotech

There's a show i'd forgotten all about, Heavily cut for kids tv along with most anime shown in the UK..

For me it was Thundercats, Transformers, M.a.s.k and He-man with abit of Roland Rat on the side. but mainly the muppets of course...

eNoize 8th April 2010 04:36 PM

LOL

Those shows were requisite viewing in the afternoon along with G.I. Joe and Jem and the Holograms.

All these talks really make me reminisce.