All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th May 2010, 02:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
The important question is: Is The A Nightmare On Elm Street remake better that the piece of crap that is the remake of Friday The 13th?
I haven't seen the Friday the 13th Remake but Nightmare wasn't all that bad a film it was just lacking a little something. It's worth a watch.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 8th May 2010, 02:41 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
This is a weird one. I have seen a lot of people giving good words about Razorback in retrospect. When it came out it was largely considered a stupid piece of crap from a self-deluded pop video director. WHen I saw it I agreed. I thought it was absolutely awful. I hated it and all other Russell Mulcahy films I have seen. The man is singularly untalented, in my opinion.

But now everyone seems to be heaping praise on Razorback! This is the stupid giant pig film, yeah? Jaws meets Mad Max with none of the skill of either, yeah? What's going on? What did I miss?

I think it might be time to revisit the film. I am intrigued.
Yeah it's the stupid giant pig boar thing one. I thought it had some really great artistic camera shots, and great use of colour for the different settings in the film. I didn't realise it was from a pop video director but i can definitely see that style in it's filming. I really did think it was great fun, maybe because I wasn't expecting much at first but found it to be more mature than other Ozploitation flicks of it's era.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 8th May 2010, 02:44 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I haven't seen the Friday the 13th Remake but Nightmare wasn't all that bad a film it was just lacking a little something. It's worth a watch.
Well, the fact that you said 'wasn't all that bad' tells me that it's a billion times better than F13th! I'll probably (hopefully) will see it in the cinema soon.
Old 8th May 2010, 02:45 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I didn't realise it was from a pop video director but i can definitely see that style in it's filming. .
Yeah, Russell Mulchay of "Wild Boys", Total Eclipse Of The Heart" and Highlander infamy!

Actually, the video for "Wild Boys" is probably the best thing he ever did. He did make one watchable film, I remember now - a cop vs Killer flick with Denzel Washington called Ricochet. That wasn't bad.
Old 8th May 2010, 02:56 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

ANTICHRIST
I enjoyed this film, though not really a fan of the director's past films,
but I read some reviews about it and it's mixture of art film/eroticism/horror and some weird narratives, especially the ending.....
Overall, good
It's also a film, with some scenes which you don't forget easily!
Old 9th May 2010, 02:12 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
ANTICHRIST
I enjoyed this film, though not really a fan of the director's past films,
but I read some reviews about it and it's mixture of art film/eroticism/horror and some weird narratives, especially the ending.....
Overall, good
It's also a film, with some scenes which you don't forget easily!
I watched this tonight for the first time. It's bleak tone and atmosphere is outstanding. The exploitative elements are a bit needless, I didnt think certain visual gags were neccesary to be honest.

However, as you say I wont forget it in a hurry. Which is why it's a brilliant film. The performances were real - what the two characters were going through and how it was presented was really well captured. It's a bit pompous at times (like 'Let the right one in') but thats european art house for you!

Great film.
Old 9th May 2010, 04:59 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched DEFENDOR yesterday
Old 9th May 2010, 07:41 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The Cassandra Crossing (decent contamination film,the train setting is interesting,but could have been better)
The Fourth Protocol (solid cold war spy thriller in the "Harry Palmer style")
Old 10th May 2010, 12:28 AM
Active Cultist

Daybreakers. Good fun.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
The important question is: Is The A Nightmare On Elm Street remake better that the piece of crap that is the remake of Friday The 13th?
Yes its better then F13!
But thats not really saying much

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
Daybreakers. Good fun.
I enjoyed that was got the Blu pre ordered
Although the ending was kinda...dunno what to make of it.

I just seen Demons!
It was a fun flick, good gore and some funni moments too.
Need to watch part 2 but people saying its not as good.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr

Like this? Share it using the links below!