All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th April 2008, 07:26 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
Do you live in a mansion Vin as I'm struggling to find room for my new dvds never mind videos !
I live in a cottage on the Cornish coast which I share with 2 cats and an adopted family of videos, DVDs, vinyl records, books, paintings and the odd snack.
Old 4th May 2008, 10:39 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched Bloodstained Shadow last night,good little giallo which was heavily influenced by Don't Look Now by the looks of it.....I now also know where John Williams got his inspiration for the JAWS theme.....
Old 4th May 2008, 10:43 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The HALLOWEEN remake is also worth a look btw,the only down side is that Zombie has done the 'trailer trash' characters,instead of characters you want to root for.....a compilation of horror stars cameos is also in abundence.....
Udo Keir....Brad Dourif....Danielle Harris....Clint Howard.....Dee Wallace....Ken Foree.....Danny Trejo...Sid Haig.....Sheree Moon..
Old 4th May 2008, 11:33 AM
Cultist

I liked the Halloween remake, too. Good flick.

At the Dead By Dawn festival I picked up import 'Bloodsucking Freaks' (aka The Incredible Torture Show' , a more appropriate title) and 'Barn of the Naked Dead'. Watched Bloodsucking Freaks. It was... interesting. It's bizarre. I'm not sure that I liked it, necessarily, but I'm glad that I've seen it. It's also the anti-thesis of the current Frightened Woman competition. In fact, you could argue that it would benefit from a little less S & M.

At the airport on the way home I picked up Don't Answer The Phone. Not sure if it's cut, but for 2pounds it's quite hard to muster any care. Haven't got round to watching it yet (I have a mountain of 'to watch' DVD's at the moment. It's past the point of novelty now, and into 'I really can't buy anymore until I've seen...' territory)

Also, had a couple of Ninja Turtles DVD's turn up (I know, I'm cool. Perhaps too cool. I imagine once word gets out that I'm watching Ninja Turtles cartoons I'll have women knocking down my door...right?). Ratman turned up yesterday, too. Citing.
Old 4th May 2008, 12:45 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I picked up Don't Answer The Phone. Not sure if it's cut, but for 2pounds it's quite hard to muster any care.
The UK Anchor Bay and U.S Rhino DVD's both feature the same heavily pre-cut print. The U.S BCI/Eclipse DVD is the uncut version.
Old 4th May 2008, 12:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

if it's a pound or more I care if it's cut (that eliminates the 50 film box-sets)
Old 5th May 2008, 10:21 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just watched Code Red's release of BOARDING HOUSE......what an utter pile of shit!
Thank christ they invented the fast forward button...
Old 5th May 2008, 10:27 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Also watched Body Count aka Camping Del Terrore (Deodato),even though it's reportedly cut,it's well worth a watch......
Old 5th May 2008, 10:33 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The Hollywood DVD is slightly pre-cut.
Old 5th May 2008, 10:34 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Can't be much Vince.......

Like this? Share it using the links below!