LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd February 2020, 04:43 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
Attachment 222747
DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE (1979)

As a child, Donny's mother used to punish him by holding his arms over a burning stove. Later in life, Donny still lives with his mother, and when she dies Donny hears voices in his head that he is now free to do whatever he wants.
Donny lures women back to his house where he incinerates them with a flamethrower before dressing the corpses in his mothers clothes..

Well made movie that was caught up as a title in the video nasties witch hunt.
Dan Grimaldi (Donny) really holds the movie together though as he struggles with the voices and torment in his head.
The standout scene is of course the first burning and it is very well done.
Had not seen the movie in a long time so good to take another look.
I love don't go in the house it makes me feel sleazy and dirty after it .
Demoncrat, trebor8273 and Dave Boy like this.
Old 23rd February 2020, 06:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hitman: Agent 47. 2015.

47 tries to track down a woman who may hold the secret of elite assassins that a corporation wants to create the ultimate killing machine.

I didn't expect much from this film, the plot seemed to be going in a good direction and Rupert Friend starring as assassin 47, and Zachary Quinto as the killer from the corporation led by Thomas Kretschamm. Aside from the action, car chase and fight scenes that's all the film is good, it seemed to have nothing else going for it and derailed itself from the game, even though the 2007 release isn't a masterpiece I prefer that version to this.

56661656dda98.jpg
Old 23rd February 2020, 08:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Skull. Mediocre mid70s Cushing/Lee horror about a historical skull that drives people to murder. The cast do their best, but this feels like a 20 minute anthology segment thinly stretched to (barely) feature length. Disappointingly dull.
Old 23rd February 2020, 08:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

After what appears to be a volcanic disturbance and the voice of God speaking , Charles Bronson is sent to find someone to help investigate the volcano, he gets the help of a young woman her bigoted and drunken father and her boyfriend who is a jealous bully boy. The are soon attacked when investigating and wake up on Vincent prices airship made of paper, Bronson soon discovers that price wants to end all war , while his goal is for the good, his methods leave a lot to be desired . Some might recognise the actor Playing the father as Hollywood's first werewolf (werewolf of London ). 6/10

Draculas possessions and blood come into a shop keepers possession. These are bought by three friends and a man interested in black magic, when he is betrayed and left for dead, Dracula is brought back in a botched ritual and seeks revenge on the three men for the killing of the servant of darkness. 7/10

Now watching

Old 23rd February 2020, 09:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Battle Royale. 2000.

In the future, the education system fails and encorporates a new act, the B.R. act. A class is chosen by lottery and the pupils are on a island, the rules are to kill each other within 3 days till one survives.

Only the Japanese can create a film like this and get away with the violence and blood splatter. Based on the novel by Koushun Takami, it does show how a modern culture with out of control kids can easily turn into a survival.

The actors playing the school kids don't go over the top and not outshine each other, it does show them having a laugh and thinking they are heading for a holiday then to turn on each other. It can be disturbing to some that the protagonists are seen as teenagers and some deaths may seem shocking with the styles of killings.

It's probably seen as it encourages kids to kill each other in ways that provokes kids into school massacres that have happened, to me IMO it's more like the government going to lengths in order to get discipline into the schools. It's a film that never get boring, just more entertaining.

1-oi_GVCIaDJ0TVrOh5mKr5w.jpg
Old 23rd February 2020, 10:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Hitman: Agent 47. 2015.

47 tries to track down a woman who may hold the secret of elite assassins that a corporation wants to create the ultimate killing machine.

I didn't expect much from this film, the plot seemed to be going in a good direction and Rupert Friend starring as assassin 47, and Zachary Quinto as the killer from the corporation led by Thomas Kretschamm. Aside from the action, car chase and fight scenes that's all the film is good, it seemed to have nothing else going for it and derailed itself from the game, even though the 2007 release isn't a masterpiece I prefer that version to this.

Attachment 222751
Totally agree.
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 24th February 2020, 12:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Lemony Snicket's a series of unfortunate events. 2004.

Three orphaned siblings move in with their cousin Count Olaf who intends to steal their fortune. When they are sent to live with other people they try to outsmart Olaf.

A very dark tale from the start, that seems to be a happy little elf that goes to a gothic atmosphere then straight to the plot of the story. Jim Carrey stars as the creepy cousin and stage actor Olaf, who thinks he can get a fortune easily. Scots comedian Billy Connolly stars as Dr. Montgomery and Mary Streep as the OCD Aunt a Josephine, Jude Law is the voice over of Lemony Snicket.

It's funny, comedy blended in and some dramatic scenes with some good visual effects, some of the scenes look like they have came from a old 50s horror movie with dark elements. The film is fast paced but not that fast that nothing seems confusing or missed out.

[0032429306258_p0_v1_s550x406.jpg
Old 24th February 2020, 06:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

11255080216_3ebed2ac38_b.jpg
THE FOUR SKULLS OF JONATHAN DRAKE (1959)

The last three generations of men in the Drake family have all died around the age of 60 years. Buried without heads, the skin made in to shrunken heads, the skulls mysteriously appear in the family vault. Can Jonathan beat the curse of being the forth skull?

Creepy movie with some really good effects. The shrunken heads look great and we are shown how the heads are made by removing the skin from the skull and filled with sand. When I first watched this I was amazed what I was seeing. On subsequent viewings the effect is lessened but still quite bizarre.
Old 24th February 2020, 07:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

That was a bit of a slog too get through , found quite dull and slow and the always dull and boring Dennis Warterman didn't help matters. Worth watching just for Lee and Patrick Troughton as Draculas servant.

Basically Waterman's randy older brother goes on the run after shagging the burgermeister's daughter and is killed by Dracula , waterman and is girlfriend go seeking him. 5/10 (7.5 when troughton is about)

Now watching.

Last edited by trebor8273; 24th February 2020 at 08:09 PM.
Old 24th February 2020, 07:33 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

mbv1200x700.jpg

In a mining town where people work hard and drink hard there hangs a dark cloud from the past the old tale of Harry Warden who went on a rampage on Valentines night and murdered a bunch of locals. With Valentines night approaching the older people of the community who lived through that night try to warn the younger generation that Harry Warden shows up on valentines night to kill but they think its only an old foll tale to scare the kids and stop them having too much fun on the night of love. After a human heart is posted to the Mayor the valentines dance is cancelled but the younger people organise their own party at the mine but this will could be the last party any of them ever attend because behind every folk tale is an element of truth.

A really fun slasher with some great kills and great gore the acting is solid but even for a horror there is one very unrealistic thing and that is Hollis the big over weight guy with the ridiculous moustache gets the best looking woman in the film

Scream Factory did a great job with the transfer the film looks great i only watched one of the extras the cast reunion one and it was great to hear the stories of the shooting of it.

8/10

Like this? Share it using the links below!