Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions

Like Tree145678Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #55481  
Old 5th May 2021, 11:16 PM
Demoncrat's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: summerisle
Blog Entries: 21
Default

Just Acquaintances

More FF. Another web series from the past in my endless quest to find the biggest idiots-with-cameras
When me and some others did our "ghost hunting" bit, we tended to err on the side of caution, but cemeteries are creepy at night imho, whether tis osmosis from a lifetime of watching Hammer and the like ... who can tell?
Ahem.
A mutual friend finds he had acquired some footage that may explain the disappearance of two brothers ... what he finds was certainly less flabby than that Marble Hornets, but was a tad underwhelming all the same. Is it possibly fatigue on my part? Probably, but still ....
__________________



"It's come off!"

"I'm no philosopher ... I'm the guy .. who gets the firewood"
Reply With Quote
  #55482  
Old 6th May 2021, 07:56 PM
trebor8273's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Default



Easily the best of the prequels thanks to better pacing and action. Anakin's turn too the dark side does seem quite sudden but thankfully we have the clone wars series which goes into his fall. Some great action scenes including the battle between Anakin and Obi wan . We still have some dreadful dialog, " he killed younglings" you can see Ewan can barely keep his face straight!



A lot of people didn't seem to rate this , a young police man becomes trapped in a hospital which is surrounded by a strange cult, with some other people also trapped. But the the cult is not the worst of their problems when they are attacked by strange outer worldly Lovecraft creatures. Some great practical gore and creature effects, which reminds me of the thing. I really enjoyed it

Now watching

Last edited by trebor8273; 6th May 2021 at 10:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55483  
Old 6th May 2021, 09:08 PM
MrBarlow's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dundee
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Wrong Turn. 2021.

Friends hiking in a remote part of America stumble upon a group of people living in the wilderness.

If you are thinking of this being like the original movie with cannibalistic inbred hillbillies the you may as well watch the original, this is way different. There is a decent amount of gore, but the killings have been seen and done more but there is a good amount of suspense and tension built up from the first ten minutes of the film, there is some decent acting involved but sadly not one I would come back to anytime soon. If anyone is going to watch it avoid the spoiler part and maybe you can enjoy it better than I did.

MV5BM2Y5ZWE2MTMtODE3ZC00NWQ4LWJkNzctNGY4Njg5NDY5MzNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

__________________
" I have seen tree's that look like tortured souls"
Reply With Quote
  #55484  
Old 6th May 2021, 09:55 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Wrong Turn. 2021.

Friends hiking in a remote part of America stumble upon a group of people living in the wilderness.

If you are thinking of this being like the original movie with cannibalistic inbred hillbillies the you may as well watch the original, this is way different. There is a decent amount of gore, but the killings have been seen and done more but there is a good amount of suspense and tension built up from the first ten minutes of the film, there is some decent acting involved but sadly not one I would come back to anytime soon. If anyone is going to watch it avoid the spoiler part and maybe you can enjoy it better than I did.

Attachment 233088
So is it not cannibal mutant types then?
MrBarlow likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #55485  
Old 6th May 2021, 10:05 PM
MrBarlow's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dundee
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
So is it not cannibal mutant types then?
Not in the slightest Dem
__________________
" I have seen tree's that look like tortured souls"
Reply With Quote
  #55486  
Old 6th May 2021, 10:17 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Not in the slightest Dem
The Foundation eh?

I think i'll leave it until it drops to three quid on dvd in Asda and ignore the blu.
MrBarlow likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #55487  
Old 6th May 2021, 10:19 PM
MrBarlow's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dundee
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Foundation eh?

I think i'll leave it until it drops to three quid on dvd in Asda and ignore the blu.
Good idea Dem
__________________
" I have seen tree's that look like tortured souls"
Reply With Quote
  #55488  
Old 6th May 2021, 10:31 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Good idea Dem
I read a brief synopsis and it sounded like more of a rip on Midsommar. Seems like they just used the Wrong Turn name to cash in.
Reply With Quote
  #55489  
Old 6th May 2021, 10:39 PM
MrBarlow's Avatar
Cult Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dundee
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I read a brief synopsis and it sounded like more of a rip on Midsommar. Seems like they just used the Wrong Turn name to cash in.
It does go one way then verves off to another direction I wasn't expecting and that's was disappointed, it's like the film makers have tried to add a mixture of films that have been done before and that was the result a messed up film.
__________________
" I have seen tree's that look like tortured souls"
Reply With Quote
  #55490  
Old 6th May 2021, 10:47 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Emperor
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
It does go one way then verves off to another direction I wasn't expecting and that's was disappointed, it's like the film makers have tried to add a mixture of films that have been done before and that was the result a messed up film.
Pity as i was looking forward to it. I'm glad you said it wasn't inbred cannibals or i'd have been sorely disappointed had i bought it.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.