Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th January 2011, 10:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Cold Sweat - completely unremarkable and only mildly diverting Charles Bronson action film. I'll have forgotten half of it by tomorrow!
Old 13th January 2011, 10:39 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea

a good Brit drama with Kris Kristofferson and Sarah Miles

The Mechanic

a Bronsom classic
Old 13th January 2011, 10:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Die - random thriller that is saw esque but without ther traps. Was ok for a indie flick but nothing new.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 14th January 2011, 12:58 AM
Seasoned Cultist

50 Dead Men Walking - Pretty brutal in places, no way I could have gone through what Martin McGartland went through, I'd have bottled it. Much better than I thought it be, very thought provoking.

Oh & Rose McGowan is in it.

You make it easy.
Old 14th January 2011, 03:39 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRobinson View Post
It's a very underrated film Night Train Murders, one of the better Italian films and certainly one of the best nasties!

Is the Shameless release good? I don't actually own any of them because once I start I will have to buy them all!
yes the release is good as with all shameless and arrow films , i bought sham-2 phantom of death first and then i went looking for the (yellow boxes)now have almost all, get em if you can.
Old 14th January 2011, 11:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Just seen Requiem for a Dream.

well its not disturbing at all imo and maybe its just cause I got distracted for a bit half way in but I dont see why people love this movie. Sure its not bad but its not that good either.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 15th January 2011, 12:02 AM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

Carlito's Way and Femme Fatale - two of De Palma's best
Old 15th January 2011, 12:27 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - Remake. I quite liked it to be honest, quite a dark film. Did anyone see the alternate ending, horrible, really disturbing.
I thought that the only thing that was missing was explaining the glove as he wasn't a killer before.

FATAL VACATION - Fantastic stuff, Eric Tsang is the leader of a group of tourists who get kidnapped and held hostage in the Philippines for exchange for a prisoner, after cold blooded killings and rapes they decide to fight back.

VAMPIRE'S BREAKFAST - Kent Cheng as a newspaper photographer trying to solve some vampire killings, ok for a watch but nothing special.

BY HOOK OR BY CROOK - Ridiculously stupid but somehow a great deal of fun. Sammo was great as always, as was Dean Shek who quite often annoys me, and Wu Ma was along for the ride too.

THE SILENT SWORDSMAN - ok for a watch but nothing amazing, for some strange reason between 45mins and just over an hour or so it is more like a musical then returns to normal!

ARIZONA COLT - Watched the new Wild East disc, looks much better than their previous releases as THE MAN FROM NOWHERE with limitations here and there around reel change areas.
Old 15th January 2011, 12:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - Remake. I quite liked it to be honest, quite a dark film. Did anyone see the alternate ending, horrible, really disturbing.
I thought that the only thing that was missing was explaining the glove as he wasn't a killer before.
I disagree 100%.
it was terrible only redeeming thing was the nightmare sequences.
Only decent Platinum Dunes movie was TCM: The Beginning.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 15th January 2011, 12:40 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I disagree 100%.
Well, we all like different things I suppose, I went into this expecting it to be a pile of shit with all the negative responses I read and was pleasantly surprised.

It's no masterpiece by any means but I don't think it warrants the kicking it got.

Like this? Share it using the links below!