Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179686Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th April 2011, 06:44 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

BLOODY MOON is great fun (although the scene with the snake was cruel and unnecessary)
Old 26th April 2011, 07:03 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Very much so.
I see -- it should be an interesting watch!
Old 26th April 2011, 07:49 PM
Cult Addict

Just re-watched Kenneth Anger's "Magick Lantern Cycle". "Rabbit's Moon" is quite simply one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen. I also enjoyed seeing Marianne Faithful wondering around the desert as my daughter's name sake "Lilith" in "Lucifer Rising" which also has film director Donald Cammell ("Performance", "White of the Eye") as Osiris. This was not Cammell's first encounter with Aleister Crowley's work as Cammell's father had written a biography of the Beast.

Special praise most also be given for the unrelenting fetishism that abounds of motorbikes, biker clothing and bikers in "Scorpio Rising". It all becomes very hypnotic and adds an extra rhythm underscoring all the early 60s girl band music.
Old 26th April 2011, 08:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Just re-watched Kenneth Anger's "Magick Lantern Cycle". "Rabbit's Moon" is quite simply one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen. I also enjoyed seeing Marianne Faithful wondering around the desert as my daughter's name sake "Lilith" in "Lucifer Rising" which also has film director Donald Cammell ("Performance", "White of the Eye") as Osiris. This was not Cammell's first encounter with Aleister Crowley's work as Cammell's father had written a biography of the Beast.

Special praise most also be given for the unrelenting fetishism that abounds of motorbikes, biker clothing and bikers in "Scorpio Rising". It all becomes very hypnotic and adds an extra rhythm underscoring all the early 60s girl band music.
Not familliar with Anger's work at all, but what you have said sounds quite interesting.

Just looked it up on Amazon - its a BFI release, which is always a mark of quality.
Old 26th April 2011, 08:59 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Just got back from seeing True Grit (the latest version) at the little cinema in my home town. Really enjoyed it. Everyone in the cast put in stellar performances, expecially Bridges.
Kyle likes this.
Old 26th April 2011, 09:01 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Just got back from seeing True Grit (the latest version) at the little cinema in my home town. Really enjoyed it. Everyone in the cast put in stellar performances, expecially Bridges.
Really looking forward to picking it up. Been hoping for a Cohens western for years.
Old 26th April 2011, 09:15 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Not familliar with Anger's work at all, but what you have said sounds quite interesting.

Just looked it up on Amazon - its a BFI release, which is always a mark of quality.
It's great stuff Demdike, especially if you are inclined towards the occult or the American underground scenes of the 60s. You can see so much of Anger's influence in a lot of modern art house/experimental film.

If experimental films float your boat check this site out:UbuWeb

I don't think there is any Anger on there but it's a goldmine of avant garde cinema.
Old 26th April 2011, 10:15 PM
Active Cultist

Settled down to watch FAUST tonight from my recent box set purchase yesterday. Its the first time that i have seen this and i really enjoyed it.

Arrows releases really are the best, Picture quality and sound was top notch.

Ken's Overall rating: 4 out of 5

My Diary & Purchase Collection page: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post318577
Old 26th April 2011, 10:27 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just watched SUPER again, really love this film!
Old 27th April 2011, 12:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just watched THE LAST HUNTER again and it gets better with each viewing. Some of the dialog is hilarious though:

'I know what Charlie is thinking, I can read the writing on their balls'

and 'I don't have time to hate them, I kill 'em!'
Kyle likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!