Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179785Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th January 2012, 08:41 AM
Cult Master

Not a film as such, more of a documentary, but I have just watched 'Believe: The Eddie Izzard Story', and I thought it was brilliant

Now, I must admit that I am not a big fan of Mr. Izzard - I have got some of his stand-up DVD's, and have tried to enjoy them, but he has always left me cold.

This one, tho, was really very good

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 17th January 2012, 09:11 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
I like that. Shame its too big a file to use as an avatar.

Greetings!
Old 17th January 2012, 11:42 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Countess Dracula
Limitless
Gulliver's Travels
The Green Hornet
There has been more, but I can't seem to remember
bdc likes this.
Old 17th January 2012, 11:47 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Cowboys and aliens, it was quality. the tone was so spot on, that at one point I forgot it had aliens in it!
Old 17th January 2012, 11:56 AM
Cult Addict

It has been a very busy month watching movies for me. My mind has been permently altered due to a line-up consisting of delights such as Fantastic Argoman, Puma Man, Supersonic Man (many, many thanks to Splatterdragon), the Shameless edition of Cannibal Holocaust, Arrow's Caligula (bit of an eye opener that one!), Prisoner:Cell Block H volume 10, Arrowdome's Bay of Blood and Oz (the TV show) vol 6. I had to go and lie in a darkened room for a few days after digesting that lot!
Old 17th January 2012, 12:34 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Had a day off yesterday so I decided to have a little film marathon to try and start workng my way through my 200+ DVD "to watch" pile

Started with Shifty - Twas ok for a british drug drama but no particular scene lifted it to an exciting or dramatic level at all.

Murderball - Awesome documentary about quadraplegic rugby (aka Murderball). This one tug on my heart strings a little and certain moments I was sobbing away but then the next minute I was laughing then the next I was gripped. Some scenes just couldn't be written too which always makes fascinating viewing in a documentary.

King of the Hill - Thoroughly enjoyable spanish (?) thriller set in the woodlands. Moments of tension, well acted and really beautifully shot. Will have to watch again but on Blu-ray next time. (Hilarious central character name though )

Botched - Really poor British comedy/horror. Laughably bad British actors doing Russian accents. Poor script and simply shot (no shot was ever interesting), redeeming factor was the gore which was nicely done and quite graphic in places which made me question it's 15 certificate.

Fido - Enjoyable zombie film about zombies being controlled and kept as slaves for a 1950's America. This didn't quite gel with me like I expected it too being a big zombie film fan. It just wasn't as funny as I'd hoped at all actually. What made me giggle was just the nature of the characters and how they lived and reacted with the zombies. Still worth a watch though.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Last edited by antmumford; 17th January 2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 17th January 2012, 12:51 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

The Merli/Joan Collins vehicle Magnum Cop, which I felt was 'ok,' if a little below average. My public domain copy was so-so, and I felt the comedy vs violence ratio was a little skewed. Cop out ending, as well, no pun intended.

Also started Johnny Yuma and Game of Death II but fell asleep during both and need to finish.
Old 17th January 2012, 06:33 PM
Active Cultist

Watched Sion Sono's Cold Fish today. Wow. What an incredible movie. 20 seconds in and you're hooked for 2.30 hours. I don't want to reveal anything plot-wise in case anyone hasn't seen it, but trust me, this and I Saw the Devil are as good as it gets just now. A fantastic, brutal entertainment which also looks absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see Love Exposure now.
Old 17th January 2012, 06:41 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Nursed a hangover with a high school comedy double bill of Easy A and Mean Girls this afternoon. Hadn't seen Easy A before but really enjoyed it - hgreat characters and loads of great lines. Seen Mean Girls loads of times but it's still one of my favourite comedies. So many brilliant lines in it. Tina Fey = the best.
Old 17th January 2012, 06:45 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
Watched Sion Sono's Cold Fish today. Wow. What an incredible movie. 20 seconds in and you're hooked for 2.30 hours. I don't want to reveal anything plot-wise in case anyone hasn't seen it, but trust me, this and I Saw the Devil are as good as it gets just now. A fantastic, brutal entertainment which also looks absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see Love Exposure now.
I've been wanting to see Cold Fish for a while now. I've just bumped it up to 'high priority' on my rental list.

Like this? Share it using the links below!