Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179790Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th November 2011, 04:52 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

"Wanda the Sadistic Hypnotist". A sexploiter from 1969 that is almost a complete history of that decades sexploitation films. It starts with nudist camp footage and ends with LSD fuelled home invasion, rape and revenge. It's all very light and fluffy, and would hardly cause offence to anyone these days.

The soundtrack is pretty special, sounding not unlike instrumental out takes from Love's classic lp "Forever Changes" mixed with bits of heavy fuzzed up psyche.
bdc likes this.
Old 4th November 2011, 05:01 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I watched I Am Number Four the other night. They should've called it I Am A Number Two. Truly awful, with some weird aliens, a typically poor performance from Timothy Elephant (how he was so amazing in Deadwood I'll never know) and a nonsensical ending/plot. It's basically Twilight for late-teen boys. The missus enjoyed it though, but I think that's because she wants to shag Alex Pettyfer.
Phurious likes this.
Old 4th November 2011, 05:40 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched 3 films that I've had on my Sky+ box for ages today. First was Society, not seen this since it was first released, weird little gem with some brilliant FX, followed it with The Devil's Rejects, I don't care what anybody says about him, I like Rob Zombies films(yes that includes Halloween) and lastly I watched Hostel 2, I know many people hate these types of film but I enjoyed both of them and will probably check out part 3.

"They all float down here, they allll floaaaattt!!!"
Daemonia and platostotal like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th November 2011, 06:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Watched 3 films that I've had on my Sky+ box for ages today. First was Society, not seen this since it was first released, weird little gem with some brilliant FX, followed it with The Devil's Rejects, I don't care what anybody says about him, I like Rob Zombies films(yes that includes Halloween) and lastly I watched Hostel 2, I know many people hate these types of film but I enjoyed both of them and will probably check out part 3.

Love Society too. So funny the way it pokes fun at, well... 'society'.

I much preferred Hostel 2 to the first one, probably because the protagonists were much more engaging than the divs in the former, but I also thought it had a more developed sense of humour that was way too frat pack and thin in the original (I remember thinking that it was a step back after the hugely funny and entertaining Cabin Fever). I didn't know a third was in the works. Is it Roth?
I've still yet to be convinced about Zombie, but I've got time
Daemonia likes this.

Midnight Video 26: The Great Silence, My Favourite Year and Brain Damage
Old 4th November 2011, 06:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I forgot, also watched Stephen King's It over the last 2 nights on the Horror Channel, hence my signature when posting from my phone.
A decent adaption although missing quite a bit from the novel, the Ritual of Chüd etc.

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th November 2011, 06:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Get Christie Love!

Haven't seen a film in OVER TWO WEEKS This probably wasn't the best film the end the drought, but it was kind of fun in its own way. Some atrocious film making, with scenes frequently ending with the characters in mid conversation (I wondered if this was some kind of hastily edited down version?). Teresa Graves had a suitable degree of sass as the Foxy Brown / Cleopatra Jones clone, and had some genuinely funny line delivery. Fell asleep before the end though, but when I woke up Christie was kicking ass in the baddie's private cinema. Good times . . .
Old 4th November 2011, 06:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phurious View Post
I didn't know a third was in the works. Is it Roth?
I didn't either until I looked on IMDB earlier, it's a straight to video release and I don't think Roth has anything to do with it

Old 5th November 2011, 10:51 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Apollo 18. and people slag off TBWP for being "dull".
please explain to me how films like these get "green lighted" again??

i enjoyed the slightly out of sync original House on Sorority Row more....been ages since i saw a cut film (cant be bothered to dig out Creeepers) i wont make a habit out of it though
Old 5th November 2011, 12:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
Apollo 18. and people slag off TBWP for being "dull".
please explain to me how films like these get "green lighted" again??

i enjoyed the slightly out of sync original House on Sorority Row more....been ages since i saw a cut film (cant be bothered to dig out Creeepers) i wont make a habit out of it though
When I saw APOLLO 18 I couldn't believe how much strobing, flashing and blinking images were going on, perhaps a subtle ploy to distract you(or give you a fit) I did like the 'monster/s' tho.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 5th November 2011, 04:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Default human centipede 2: the enema strikes back

havent laughed as much at unpleasantness since MAN BITES DOG.
its purely down to my viewing habits, but i enjoyed hearing UK accents in this sort of thing.

but as i hear theyre making a musical oot of the Wicker Man, all bets are off

guaranteed to bore the arse off/offend to the core your friends.
hopefully the 3rd will be in 3d, the ad campaign writes itself then....

Like this? Share it using the links below!