Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st August 2011, 11:13 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

"Child's Play" is on now, not really a fan of the series but loved "Bride of Chucky"
Old 1st September 2011, 12:15 AM
Cult Addict

one from 2001 called christina's house.

christinashouse..jpg

Bought it on a buying spree of mgm region 1 horror/thriller.

Cracking little movie, cannot believe I missed this 1st time round.
Old 1st September 2011, 01:23 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

just seen the prequel Bereavement to the 2004 flick Maleviolence.

I not seen Maleviolence but thats next on my list

I thought it was good for a direct to dvd flick.
Its the story about a young boy who gets abducted and then witnesses this crazy guy murder women. Then 5 years passes and this guy has kept on killing women in front of his kid and trying to get him to do it himself. Then there is this skull of a bull that the guy seems to talk to. it re assembles itself after being smashed to pieces.

Its far from a great horror flick but its entertaining and maybe I will understand about the whole bull head thing and the reason the kid didnt grow in 5 years once I seen the "sequel"

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st September 2011, 04:26 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched 2 films today...

INSANITARIUM - really good infection movie with lashing of blood and a great insane performance from Peter Stormare. Defo a recommendation.

FAST FIVE - The continuing adventures of Dominic Toretto and Brian O'Conner as they head to Rio to pull a bank heist worth $100mil while being chased by Dwayne Johnson. Absolutely brilliant action thriller, some of the best car stunts i've ever seen and this time it doesn't over use the cars but ops more for gun battles in the favella route. Best big budget action film since Bad Boys 2. Really hope they do a 6th now..
Old 1st September 2011, 04:38 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
FAST FIVE - The continuing adventures of Dominic Toretto and Brian O'Conner as they head to Rio to pull a bank heist worth $100mil while being chased by Dwayne Johnson. Absolutely brilliant action thriller, some of the best car stunts i've ever seen and this time it doesn't over use the cars but ops more for gun battles in the favella route. Best big budget action film since Bad Boys 2. Really hope they do a 6th now..
Hope you caught the scene during the end credits that sets up the next film Peter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1st September 2011, 10:24 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Hope you caught the scene during the end credits that sets up the next film Peter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah, forgot about that pretty major twist at the end. I thought Fast Five was one of the best action films I've seen, immensely enjoyable from start to finish.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 1st September 2011, 11:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

well, i watched the Exorcist (with Friedkin's comm)...informative if repetitive...i dont know how many times ive seen this, so i dont need to explain the plot do i? it is certainly a more pro-faith film than the Devils, which i find to be more concerned with the political scheming behind the scenes. tis my only "flipper" as they were harder to keep "clean". never mind, Torso tonight!
Old 1st September 2011, 11:32 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I finally got round to watching Dellamorte Dellamorte the other night and I loved it. It's a great blend of horror and comedy with a terrific performance by a young looking Rupert Everett and Anna Falchi is dropdead gorgeous. It's one I'll definitely watch it numerous times in the future and I don't know where it's been all my life.
Old 1st September 2011, 11:37 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I finally got round to watching Dellamorte Dellamorte the other night and I loved it. It's a great blend of horror and comedy with a terrific performance by a young looking Rupert Everett and Anna Falchi is dropdead gorgeous. It's one I'll definitely watch it numerous times in the future and I don't know where it's been all my life.
I've still yet to see this, I'd never heard of it until I read an encyclopedia book on Zombie films and it was the only one that stood out as a must see. Anyone know the best copy to get for a poor little Region 2 only person like me (no multi regionplayer ) ?

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 1st September 2011, 11:42 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

In terms of DVD, I'm not sure as I have the German '84 mediabook with a DVD, a BD and the soundtrack CD.

Like this? Share it using the links below!