Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2011, 01:47 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
watched 2 films today...

INSANITARIUM - really good infection movie with lashing of blood and a great insane performance from Peter Stormare. Defo a recommendation.

FAST FIVE - The continuing adventures of Dominic Toretto and Brian O'Conner as they head to Rio to pull a bank heist worth $100mil while being chased by Dwayne Johnson. Absolutely brilliant action thriller, some of the best car stunts i've ever seen and this time it doesn't over use the cars but ops more for gun battles in the favella route. Best big budget action film since Bad Boys 2. Really hope they do a 6th now..
A 6th is a natch, some people deride the daft plots but that's half the fun of the F&F series, I really liked the scenes and set pieces in 5 that were set in the slums of Brazil, more like free running than car chases, and defiantly looking forward to more Michelle Rodriguez in 6. Tho if I'm honest I hope we don't return to Tokyo
Old 1st September 2011, 02:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
A 6th is a natch, some people deride the daft plots but that's half the fun of the F&F series, I really liked the scenes and set pieces in 5 that were set in the slums of Brazil, more like free running than car chases, and defiantly looking forward to more Michelle Rodriguez in 6. Tho if I'm honest I hope we don't return to Tokyo
im just glad Justin Lin didn't go the CG route like he did in he the fourth film, the bank vault chase was all done for real.
Old 1st September 2011, 02:18 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I've still yet to see this, I'd never heard of it until I read an encyclopedia book on Zombie films and it was the only one that stood out as a must see. Anyone know the best copy to get for a poor little Region 2 only person like me (no multi regionplayer ) ?
The German Laser Paradise "Red Edition" is not bad at all for a basic release.
Old 1st September 2011, 02:27 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I am ashamed to say I STILL not seen original Psycho or the remake.
I think you're perfectly right to feel ashamed! Psycho is one of the all-time classic horror films and one which every self-respecting genre fan should have in their collection. I don't know how you've managed not to buy (or at least watch) Alfred Hitchcock's horror masterpiece.
Old 1st September 2011, 03:26 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

SCRAPBOOK - Eric Stanze's low budget film about a serial killer and his victim, a powerful and controversial film, and on eof the best serial killer films made

uncut but the UK dvd is cut by over 15m
I originally had the uncut dvd from Cryptkeeper and as they didn't submit it to the BBFC they were fined and the uncut ones were withdrawn
I sold that for the R1 w/extras
Old 1st September 2011, 04:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Rubber

Wow, I didn't hate it! In fact, I quite enjoyed it. I thought the offbeat humour worked pretty well (apart from the horrible "no sense" opening monologue), and I liked the device of the 'audience' watching the film from a safe distance. I don't even think it outstayed its welcome at 80 minutes, though it really should've gone out with a bang (tire war!!!) - I don't think we need the sequel it sets up!
Old 1st September 2011, 04:20 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
SCRAPBOOK - Eric Stanze's low budget film about a serial killer and his victim, a powerful and controversial film, and on eof the best serial killer films made

uncut but the UK dvd is cut by over 15m
I originally had the uncut dvd from Cryptkeeper and as they didn't submit it to the BBFC they were fined and the uncut ones were withdrawn
I sold that for the R1 w/extras
Scrapbook is a mean little film, certainly not advised for everyone.
Old 1st September 2011, 05:36 PM
Cult Acolyte

Chained Heat
Original uncut edition of this classic WIP with some great names ( and performances ) from the likes of Linda Blair, Sybil Danning, Henry Silva et al. Well filmed too. Recommended.

Red Heat
Basically a ( sort of ) retelliing of the CH film, again starring Linda Blair, but not half as interesting.

Jungle Warriors
Bloody awful.
Old 1st September 2011, 06:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I think you're perfectly right to feel ashamed! Psycho is one of the all-time classic horror films and one which every self-respecting genre fan should have in their collection. I don't know how you've managed not to buy (or at least watch) Alfred Hitchcock's horror masterpiece.

i should have got the bluray steely now its £25

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st September 2011, 06:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I am ashamed to say I STILL not seen original Psycho or the remake.
Shame on you, the remake is one of the greatest films of all time

Violence is Italian Art
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!