All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st July 2012, 12:15 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
So, yeah, just watched Dark knight Rises.

**** me. Wow.
You lucky lucky git i wont get to see it until next sunday
Old 21st July 2012, 07:36 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
So, yeah, just watched Dark knight Rises.

**** me. Wow.
Pretty much sums it up. There was one horribly misjudged bit towards the end which I can't believe they kept in and I'm still unsure about the ending although I get why they did it though but overall, yeah, wow.
Old 21st July 2012, 07:40 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Looking back over this thread, it seems like I am in the minority, but I found 'Scott Pilgrim' to be a big disappointment

Maybe I should have played more computer and video games in my youth, but it bored me

I think Edgar Wright works better with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost!
I agree too. I was completely underwhelmed by it. A massive disappointment after Wright's previous films.
Old 21st July 2012, 08:12 AM
Cult Addict

The Dark Knight Rises. The poorest of the trilogy in my opinion but not by much. Catwoman didn't really need to be in it (And Anne Hathaway is nearly as cool as Pheifer) and there's one contrivance at the end that sent my blood boiling. But over all a satifactory conclusion to the best super hero series of all time.

DVD and BD collection
Old 21st July 2012, 08:21 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

City OF THE LIVING DEAD

Thought I'd give myself a break from Dyer and give this a spin. What struck me most on this viewing was the constant sounds of monkeys and parrots on the soundtrack during the spooky bits, something I've never noticed before. Strange.
Old 21st July 2012, 09:05 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Dark Knight Rises

Well I enjoyed it more than I was expecting, though I'm no big fan of the series as a whole. Seemed like there was far too much going on, crammed into an a bloated 164 minutes. I like my super hero films simple and streamlined - Spiderman 2 is still the benchmark for me. I thought the Nolan 'real world' style felt at odds with the material in this one - the Batplane especially looked like something out of Transformers! Seemed to be peppered with plot contrivances and little niggles throughout, and I found the ending quite weak. God, that sounds like I hated it! Performances were all good, Gary Oldman especially, and Catwoman worked a lot better as a character than I thought she would. Enjoyable enough, but I'd be in no rush to watch it again.

Saw the Dredd trailer before - looked pretty cool . . . !
Hawkmonger likes this.
Old 21st July 2012, 09:14 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post

Saw the Dredd trailer before - looked pretty cool . . . !
I know right! I've seen it umpteen time's ont the net now but it's till blowing my mind! 100% on RT already! Holy mother i'm excited, can you tell i'm excited?!

DVD and BD collection
Old 21st July 2012, 09:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I know right! I've seen it umpteen time's ont the net now but it's till blowing my mind! 100% on RT already! Holy mother i'm excited, can you tell i'm excited?!
Oh yes, so you are! I've never read any Dredd, but the plot from the trailer looked pleasingly comic book-ish, just a good solid down n' dirty action flick.

Did you get that trailer for the Ben Stiller comedy featuring Richard Ayoade? Seemed so wrong seeing him do big multiplex comedy! ...and when will comedy writers realise that a bunch of characters in a car singing along to some old radio hit isn't funny . . .
Old 21st July 2012, 09:24 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Oh yes, so you are! I've never read any Dredd, but the plot from the trailer looked pleasingly comic book-ish, just a good solid down n' dirty action flick.
It is bassed off of recent event's in the comic's (Debris, which is currently running in the comic) but altered for the more casual movie goer (Anderson being a Cadet under Dredd lead, something that never happened) but that's not to say it's not exciting for the fanbase. I have heard a single person bad mouth it over on the 2000AD forum, and the nutter is some kind of socio-deppressive anyway. He bad mouth's everything and nothing.
Mostly people are just looking forward to being able to forget the original.

Quote:
Did you get that trailer for the Ben Stiller comedy featuring Richard Ayoade? Seemed so wrong seeing him do big multiplex comedy! ...and when will comedy writers realise that a bunch of characters in a car singing along to some old radio hit isn't funny . .
I whish Stiller would just pack it in already, the guy's never been all THAT funny anyway.

DVD and BD collection
Old 21st July 2012, 09:33 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Mostly people are just looking forward to being able to forget the original.
Yeah I bet! I noticed a lack of comic relief sidekick in this one . . .

Like this? Share it using the links below!