Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th June 2012, 12:04 PM
Ex-member

THE INBETWEENERS blu ray
a very funny film
Old 4th June 2012, 12:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Had a Christopher Lee triple feature last night!
Taste The Bood of Dracula, Dracula Has Risen From The Grave, and Scars of Dracula.

Great films! They sure don't make them like that any more.
Old 4th June 2012, 12:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

What's your favourite out of the three?
Old 4th June 2012, 03:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Look What Happened To Rosemary's Baby Well, he went and turned into Stephen McHattie according to this effort from '76, with a stellar cast ( Ray Milland, Ruth Gordon........Donna Mills!!), some cringeworthy FX (cough bloody cough) this has gone into my top 1000 films merely for the sheer clunkiness of the execution........Recommended!!

Dark Shadows An enjoyable enough romp, some cheeky bits for a 12A, felt it was a bit rushed towards the end though....saying nowt but liked it more that the awful version of Alice.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th June 2012, 03:26 PM
Cult Addict

Just finished ISLAND OF LOST SOULS.

Still the best cinematic adaptation of the book that's been made, and still incredibly disturbing even now.
Old 4th June 2012, 03:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Body Beneath

Broke into the new Nightbirds BFI Blu and started with the B-Feature. Super cheapo stuff with the expected wobbly production values and performances. Gavin Reed as the chief vampire pretty much makes the film. As pointed out in the Digital Fix review, his resemblance (both physically and performance wise) to The League of Gentlemen’s Reece Shearsmith is uncanny! Whenever he is on screen (thankfully often), the film feels like an extended League episode, and had me smiling throughout . . .
Old 4th June 2012, 04:15 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Grimm Love

An excellent film about a slightly disturbed young man who fantasizes about eating human flesh then advertises on websites for a willing victim he can kill then eat. Based on a real life case in the German village of Rohtenburg in 2001.

Certainly a dark, and as the title says, grim film, yet well acted, so much to make the viewer symathise with the protagonists. Due to this the running time almost flies by.

Despite its subject there is very little blood on display. It was released Stateside under the Fangoria Frightfest banner, however it has very little in common with general horror cinema.

Highly recommended for those wanting something a little different.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 4th June 2012, 04:33 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Firefist of Incredible Dragon (Korea/late 70's)

Even though the film is basically about a raped and killed woman taking revenge through her flying heart (or is it her baby's heart because she was pregnant?) and there's a whole subplot of an evil guy who imprisons and rapes young women (a lot of BBFC cuts there) and there's some good gore and weirdness,I'm not that crazy about this one...

Could be me of course,maybe it's not really my cup of tea...too much melodrama maybe?

Think I'll stick with HK films (and maybe a Taiwan one from time to time).

Last edited by bdc; 5th June 2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 4th June 2012, 05:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

The Boat That Rocked

I've had this sitting on my shelf to watch for many months and finally got round to it last night.

What a pleasant surprise it was. A really enjoyable film with a superb Brit comedy cast and an absolutely killer sixties soundtrack. I think most of the budget must have been blown acquiring the rights to the dozens of brilliant tunes from The Kinks to The Stones.

The film was always fun yet never laugh out loud funny. Its characters were likeable, and Richard Curtis gave them some great dialogue. By the time the boat sank i am sure i was grinning like a hyena.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 4th June 2012, 06:13 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
The Boat That Rocked

I've had this sitting on my shelf to watch for many months and finally got round to it last night.

What a pleasant surprise it was. A really enjoyable film with a superb Brit comedy cast and an absolutely killer sixties soundtrack. I think most of the budget must have been blown acquiring the rights to the dozens of brilliant tunes from The Kinks to The Stones.

The film was always fun yet never laugh out loud funny. Its characters were likeable, and Richard Curtis gave them some great dialogue. By the time the boat sank i am sure i was grinning like a hyena.
Good film, yes, but I found myself screaming at the screen when [spoiler] the boat was sinking, and they had The Who song 'Won't Get Fooled Again' playing on the soundtrack [/spoiler] - a song which wasn't recorded for a good 6 years or so after the film was set

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!