Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd August 2013, 04:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Watched Texas Chainsaw again today, I couldn't give a rats arse what everyone else thinks, I like it and thoroughly enjoyed watching it and the half dozen featurettes too, especially the one where they showed how they'd recreated the family home from Hoopers original, even making the front door look all Leatherfaced like it does at the original's climax!
It sits nicely in my collection alongside the much hated NOES remake :tongue:
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd August 2013, 04:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Suck (2009)

Occasionally a films title really does sum it up. Suck, well, sucks.

Recommended only to Alice and Iggy completists.
Here's what I had to say about it, but before you look a word of warning... it's not worth it!:
http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/333291-post21714.html

Monster Magnet
Old 3rd August 2013, 04:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Watched Texas Chainsaw again today, I couldn't give a rats arse what everyone else thinks, I like it and thoroughly enjoyed watching it and the half dozen featurettes too, especially the one where they showed how they'd recreated the family home from Hoopers original, even making the front door look all Leatherfaced like it does at the original's climax!
It sits nicely in my collection alongside the much hated NOES remake :tongue:
I've always admired your candour and, to tell you the truth, I'll often agree with you. So I asked my daughter to read your post and she nodded sagely and said "that's almost what I said when I saw it!" So you're in good company and I will trust you and my little girl and pick it up when I see it cheap enough!
Rik and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 3rd August 2013, 04:36 PM
Ex-member

Watched loads of films over the last week to many to review.
A Fantastic Fear Of Everything
Shark Night
Christine
Finding Nemo
The Game
The Terminal
A Bug's Life
The Cruel Sea
Panic Room
Jackie Brown
Gunfight At The O.K. Corral
The Incredibles
Corpse Bride
Batman Forever
American Psycho
The Warriors
We Bought A Zoo
The Fly (1958)
Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban
Old 3rd August 2013, 04:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Not just me then!
I'm not so much a fan of the films, more a fan of Leatherface, I'd gladly watch that character in anything
I picked it up from CEX for £8, but I think you can get it for a fiver from Blockbuster
troggi likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd August 2013, 05:25 PM
Cult Addict

Goatman murders

If I reach old age, I fully expect to order a 50 film set off Amazon to wile away those cold winter nights and find this on it. I'd describe it as 'cheap as shit' but then my pal Jim the farmer would point out manure goes for a few bob these days. I'm sure fertilizing a field would cost a few quid more than the budget to this...

A bunch of assholes head into the woods to drink, smoke pot and screw. The budget of the damn film couldn't stretch to a country retreat, or even a shed for poor old Goatman so the plan seems to be just wandering aimlessly around the woods in a marijuana haze. I've done this, it isn't fun, you get real hungry and contemplate eating bark.

But enough about my mis-spent youth. What our bro's and byatches don't realise is the 'infamou' goatman is also wandering the woods. He don't like the chronic though so instead he gets his rocks off murdering as many people as he can find. Fortunately for him, these woods are almost as populated as 'dont go in the woods' (of which this film is of comparable quality) and there is plenty of fodder for the Goatman. Unfortunately the cool looking costume/monster prosthetic was unaffordable (seriously, even reveng of billy the kid could afford that!) so its just a bloke in a mask.

Theres a whole bunch of random junk in the film including a random shot of ginger prosthetic willy which is now famous on these forums. I had hoped for a night of the demon style dick-rip but I guess the director couldent be arsed and thought the old arrow through the skull was more creative. It isn't

I enjoyed this film in spite of myself. It has an 'unhinged meets just a small dose of anthropophagus' quality that I enjoyed. Its basically mean-spirited trashy nonsense with excessive gore. The 4:3 ratio gave it a vhs feel as well. Not bad for less than a quid.
Old 3rd August 2013, 05:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Goatman murders

If I reach old age, I fully expect to order a 50 film set off Amazon to wile away those cold winter nights and find this on it. I'd describe it as 'cheap as shit' but then my pal Jim the farmer would point out manure goes for a few bob these days. I'm sure fertilizing a field would cost a few quid more than the budget to this...

A bunch of assholes head into the woods to drink, smoke pot and screw. The budget of the damn film couldn't stretch to a country retreat, or even a shed for poor old Goatman so the plan seems to be just wandering aimlessly around the woods in a marijuana haze. I've done this, it isn't fun, you get real hungry and contemplate eating bark.

But enough about my mis-spent youth. What our bro's and byatches don't realise is the 'infamou' goatman is also wandering the woods. He don't like the chronic though so instead he gets his rocks off murdering as many people as he can find. Fortunately for him, these woods are almost as populated as 'dont go in the woods' (of which this film is of comparable quality) and there is plenty of fodder for the Goatman. Unfortunately the cool looking costume/monster prosthetic was unaffordable (seriously, even reveng of billy the kid could afford that!) so its just a bloke in a mask.

Theres a whole bunch of random junk in the film including a random shot of ginger prosthetic willy which is now famous on these forums. I had hoped for a night of the demon style dick-rip but I guess the director couldent be arsed and thought the old arrow through the skull was more creative. It isn't

I enjoyed this film in spite of myself. It has an 'unhinged meets just a small dose of anthropophagus' quality that I enjoyed. Its basically mean-spirited trashy nonsense with excessive gore. The 4:3 ratio gave it a vhs feel as well. Not bad for less than a quid.
I truly wish that I'd paid less than a quid for it!
keirarts likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 3rd August 2013, 06:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
I truly wish that I'd paid less than a quid for it!
If i'd paid more i'd probably have liked it less....
troggi likes this.
Old 3rd August 2013, 06:22 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicbomb View Post
Watched loads of films over the last week to many to review.

We Bought A Zoo
What did you think of this MB?

I saw it at Christmas and rather enjoyed it. Sure it was a little schmaltzy in places but on the whole i thought it was good.
Metallicbomb and troggi like this.
Old 3rd August 2013, 06:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I thought it was good too. The zoo where the original story unfolded is about half an hour from me here in Devon. The "Matt Damon" character, Benjamin Mee, is there most Sundays and is a nice guy.
Metallicbomb and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!